|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can I draw my deck before discarding with Faithless Looting?
- Question about how reiterate works in eggs.
- I cast Howl of the Horde (Raid-enabled) then Reiterate; what is the end result?
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus experience counters and Reiterate
- Does Swarm Intelligence go infinite with twincasting spells?
Buyback (3) (You may pay an additional (3) as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||NOGzFTW , Kvothe1115 , jamesesdad , burnedbread , Jauntu , Dimarx , itheoryz , Sav547 , Kleptozaniac , continuum , , silvereh|
|Want (45)||Nerubian , plazma7 , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , doonmeister , whatismyusername , SaniTheCat , samuelianstorm , wants2belink , Amazements , TotalSundae , mastermojo7 , marsp44 , thayanfer , Moonling , TiredTofu , Upyron , DeifiedExile , CryAll , CaitSeith , mgoodwi5 , Darklowi , Va1mar , shrimpandwalrus , obitus , Loading_Error , Royal_Windsor , king0fclubs , Ilusionist1213 , ForeverLoading... , AdroitCoyote , pmpott , RetrovirusX , Viper_3000 , Alcofrisbas , Reikaosu , Rctfan , Muglacious_NiceFaceToad , Elementalism , Crazy0Juice , mechflip , mremolh , prancingmad , Jokulmorder1 , Cunningcrow , livingrock|
1 week ago
If I cast Bonus Round, then copy that spell (say with Reiterate), will those effects stack up? For instance, if I followed all of this with casting Mob Justice, would I have three total copies of it on the stack?
2 weeks ago
for sure you gonna need Reiterate and Capsize to go with Mizzix. I'd take outShattering Spree and put in Vandalblast Seal of the Guildpact is not great in Mizzix deck, because thanks to him you gonna cast spell for cheap. All 3 enchantments what you run - I'd take them out because from my experience they get removed quite fast. You definitely want to put Brass's Bounty in there, comboing it with Reiterate for infinite mana in form of treasure tokens. Take out Nevinyrral's Disk. Run bit more control spells, type of Evacuation Crush of Tentacles Capsize Cyclonic Rift Curse of the Swine
3 weeks ago
Is there a certain reason that you play Lightning Bolt? I know that there exists the infinite combo with Reiterate and a ritual like Desperate Ritual. In my opinion Fall of the Titans does the job better.
Also, as you statet above, you would like to keep the deck fun for your playgroup, so I'd like to suggest a card: Murmuring Mystic
3 weeks ago
Worldgorger Dragon and Animate Dead can lead to infinite loops, when the player Xantcha targets dies, she comes back to your battlefield, trigger WGD, Xantcha re-ETB and chooses a different player, do it again, and kill the whole table. Can replace Animate Dead with either Dance of the Dead or Necromancy.
4 weeks ago
Hello there! Love to see any Mizzix deck as a Mizzix player myself. You say you want this deck to have a "tournament level" competitive approach, maybe I can help you out a little. With all due respect, I want to be frank and I don't think your deck can be called competitive at all right now. I don't know your budget situation, but I will try to break it down as much as I can and give a wide array of options.
- Mana situation: Let's start with the basics, namely your basic lands. As you can see on the nice pie chart, your cards are about 2/3 blue and 1/3 red. Still you have your lands almost at 50/50 islands and mountains. Only 4 lands can produce both and , consider City of Brass, Reflecting Pool and Forbidden Orchard. Moving on, your ramping mana rocks could be better too. Any cheap rock - cheaper than Mizzix herself - let's you cast Mizzix earlier and is a huge benefit to finishing faster. On top of that they can help you cast those big spells should your commander not be around for some reason. Consider any rock that costs 2 or less. Another way to solve the mana issue involves ritual effects. Cards like Seething Song or Turnabout, just to name a couple, give you a sudden burst of resources but demand a combo oriented setup and play style. Although if you want the fastest way to win, rituals are the way to go.
- Curve: Overall your spells are quite expensive. Now I know Mizzix makes casting big spells almost trivial, but if you really want to field this deck in a competitive environment, you should not count on having her out at all. People will target you, just because of your commander. Consider cards with lower cmc to stay relevant when you are under pressure, even if that means giving up on splashy spells. Many cards you are playing now, could be replaced by strictly better ones. Especially look out for cards with as few and in their casting costs as possible.
- Bulk goods: Some of your cards weigh down on your deck like a boulder. I myself like to call them "do-nothing-cards". Cards like Eye of the Storm or Thrummingbird do nothing on the turn you play them and after that only do something your deck already does on it's own. It's almost like you are playing an extra turn for your opponents. Cutting those kind of cards will streamline your deck and minimize awkward turns where nothing happens to progress your position.
- Win conditions: If you want to go for a competitive deck, having your deck trimmed towards as few win conditions as possible is of utmost importance. The most common ways to win with Mizzix are storm, burn, infinite mana & draw and taking turns (all of them). Pick 1 or 2 ways to win but build the whole deck around them. If one way to win supplements the other, even better. But spreading yourself thin over too many ways to win only slows you down.
- Key cards: I see you aren't playing some of the most played and best cards in any Mizzix deck. I'll list some, in no particular order of importance. Merchant Scroll, Gamble, Expropriate, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, Fact or Fiction, Frantic Search, Faithless Looting, Reiterate, Mizzix's Mastery, Past in Flames, Mystic Retrieval, Increasing Vengeance, Chaos Warp, Bonus Round, Goblin Electromancer, Epic Experiment, Aetherflux Reservoir.
- Budget: Just as a heads-up, if you really want to make your deck competitive, you have to consider investing a good amount of money. Most of the time the best cards are the most expensive ones. While you can get by with some budget replacements here and there, at some point only the best cards are good enough. This isn't something you need to force right from the start, but can work towards over time.
Finally, I really hope I gave you some helpful advice and that you are not intimidated by my wall of text. Mizzix is a great commander and if you want, you can transform the deck into a fearsome weapon. Cheers!
1 month ago
Well, Mizzix storm's usual payoff is Aetherflux Reservoir, with the commander used as a cost-reduction effect with spells like Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, and many other giant spells that keep digging cards, as well as High Tide, Rite of Flame, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, and Seething Song as rituals to keep making mana.
Mizzix can reduce the cost of mana-neutral cards like Snap or Frantic Search to net mana, and with effects like Reality Spasm that make a ton of mana on a large Mizzix, you can get a ton of mana and all of the card draw like Firemind's Foresight to get a ton of card draw spells, as well as effects like Stroke of Genius, etc. afterwards the deck commonly drops an Aetherflux Reservoir, then goes infinite with Reiterate and Desperate Ritual/Seething Song/Pyretic Ritual/Reality Spasm to win the game.
The rest of the deck is based on using cantrips like Ponder, Brainstorm, Preordain, Impulse, etc. as well as cards like Mind Stone, Izzet Signet, and other fast mana rocks, to make enough mana to win all in one turn, generally turn 4 after you drop Mizzix turn 3 off of a Fellwar Stone, etc. It is blisteringly fun and fast.
1 month ago
Token generators for protection from attacks:Talrand, Sky Summoner and Docent of Perfection Flip i would say are must haves, Metallurgic Summonings, Goblinslide, Young Pyromancer,Murmuring Mystic, Dragonmaster Outcast,are also good token makers.
Mana ramping for casting more: Seething Song, Mana Geyser, Brass's Bounty i think are must haves since they're all sorcery/instant so they can be effected by your commander to cast for less. Chandra, Torch of Defiance is a another good planeswalker to get mana and now you can have both planeswalkers out with the updated rules from August. You should add Vivid Creek to go with your vivid crag.
Other cards to lower casting costs: Primal Amulet Flip is a must since it lowers cost of ins/sorc and then it transforms when you want to get a land that can copy a spell. Arcane Melee, Seal of the Guildpact, Ruby Medallion,Sapphire Medallion,Jace's Sanctum are also nice.
Cards that damage opponents: Electrostatic Field and Sphinx-Bone Wand i think are must haves since they deal damage for every inst/sorc casted. Banefire, Devil's Play are great since they have the (x) in the cmc which is great for mizzix since it counts towards what you want (x) to be and you can always get an extra counter for mizzex.
Merchant Scroll is a decent tutor
Great staples: Charmbreaker Devils is a must have for the returning of inst/sorc alone. Crackling Drake can get huge power. Hypersonic Dragon casting sorcery at instant speed is great. Structural Collapse destroy a land and deal damage, and if copy it, who wouldn't want that, besides your enemies of coarse.
Wincons: Reiterate + Turnabout and Grand Architect + Pili-Pala are infinite mana combos, add Past in Flames or any damage cards with (x) in it and its deadly. Enter the Infinite is nice to get your combo's. Harness by Force is great to steal your opponents creatures then attack them with it, it also gets affected by mizzix so if you have enough counters itll cost 2 red mana and 1red mana for each extra creature.
Hope these suggestions help.
1 month ago
Endless Atlas is strong draw in mono colored.
Isolated Watchtower is strong with lots of basics and triggers Valakut.
Reiterate is a better Fork/Reverberate. Consolidate the two into one stronger card.
Risk Factor another copy of Browbeat but stronger.
Repercussion burn everyone and everything.