|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can I draw my deck before discarding with Faithless Looting?
- Question about how reiterate works in eggs.
- I cast Howl of the Horde (Raid-enabled) then Reiterate; what is the end result?
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus experience counters and Reiterate
- Does Swarm Intelligence go infinite with twincasting spells?
Buyback (3) (You may pay an additional (3) as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
1 week ago
Hey Man I love the deck. I'd advise trying out Reiterate , Fork and the mono red counterspells Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast . They worked pretty well in all of the red spellslinger decks I've tried them in. The copy spells especially so a well placed fork can copy a game winning torment of hailfire or an annoying counterspell. Also if your opponents have 7 or more tapped lands then Reiterate and Mana Geyser make infinite mana.
2 weeks ago
Hmmm, ZeroZolo it may not be what you have in mind. But I do like abusing Bonus Round and going off with storm. Add in a couple more rocks you can use the Isochron Scepter / Dramatic Reversal combo route to go into infinite mana. After that your outlets can be Aetherflux Reservoir / Mind's Desire or even Grapeshot . Another way to make infinite mana is Turnabout / Reiterate or Mana Geyser with it as well.
That is going into the storm route though, but if your going for more of a value route like spell slinging than that's taking a different approach and I would say switch to a different commander like Mizzix of the Izmagnus or Keranos, God of Storms .
3 weeks ago
Here's some things you might consider changing around.
This deck wants to win by copying lots of things. There are a few ways for you to win. One of the easier ways to do this might be to exploit Biovisionary . You just have to get four of him on your board by the end of your turn to win. Cards that you included already, like Rite of Replication make this very easy to pull off, provided you have both ready to go.
Birthing Pod , and Fauna Shaman , although more expensive, can help you search for important creatures like Biovisionary or even Worldgorger Dragon . You already have a few ways to make tokens or copies of Biovisionary
Things to reconsider:
Comet Storm Bad.
Insidious Will You have a lot of counterspells. Consider cutting some of the higher mana cost ones like this.
1 month ago
Hi, I would put some more of the copy effects in the deck like Reverberate . A little trick I learned while playing is if the Niv-Mizzet player counters Neheb you copy the counter with Reverberate or another similar spell. Then you target his counter with your copy of his counter spell. And of course you can use it to copy your big spells immediately or if it would get countert so that the copy resolves nonetheless.
Enchanter's Bane is probably a good card against the Tuvasa player. It does not cost much and will hit the Tuvasa player hard over time.
2 months ago
I like some of the stuff you've got here, good combos and relatively consistent strategies! A few things I would consider to improve this:
- 29 lands is not enough in a commander deck, you will find yourself mana screwed quite often. For a 2-colour deck, I would say have at least 34. I would suggest cutting some alternative win-cons (Psychosis Crawler in particular, that's better suited in other Izzet decks) to free up space for lands.
- Your suggested tutoring with Firemind's Foresight to grab the combo doesn't work; both Comet Storm and Merchant Scroll are 2-cost. This can easily be fixed by tutoring Mystical Tutor as your 1-cost, Comet Storm for 2-cost and Reiterate for 3-cost, then use Mystical Tutor to grab any of your rituals.
- Consider adding some protection against combat, since you don't run many creatures; this is perhaps meta-dependent, but most commander players will see Mizzix and instantly target you as she has a reputation for storming off. Dissipation Field and Propaganda are good at deterring attackers in the early and mid game (I would cut Inexorable Tide for at least 1 of these, constant proliferate is overkill in my opinion).
2 months ago
I have made some changes to the deck, as I have been able to get hold of a few more cards I wanted:
Removed: Chemister's Insight, Command the Storm, Electrickery, Electrolyze, Izzet Charm, Lightning Strike, Ral's Dispersal, Stonefury Beacon Bolt, Divination, Invoke the Firemind, Precision Bolt, Roast, Windfall Nevinyrral's Disk Firemind's Research
Added: Mystical Tutor, Reiterate, Turnabout, Clockspinning, Shattering Pulse, Capsize, Gamble, Preordain, Vandalblast, Merchant Scroll, Mystic Retrieval, Past in Flames, High Tide, Hidden Strings, Misdirection, Young Pyromancer
This should give me a little more control, and has added some much needed combos in. Still not where I want to be with the deck overall yet, but all I could afford to put in for now. Will make some more changes after Christmas is out of the way, and once I have played with it a bit more to see what exactly needs doing.
2 months ago
If I cast Bonus Round, then copy that spell (say with Reiterate), will those effects stack up? For instance, if I followed all of this with casting Mob Justice, would I have three total copies of it on the stack?
2 months ago
for sure you gonna need Reiterate and Capsize to go with Mizzix. I'd take outShattering Spree and put in Vandalblast Seal of the Guildpact is not great in Mizzix deck, because thanks to him you gonna cast spell for cheap. All 3 enchantments what you run - I'd take them out because from my experience they get removed quite fast. You definitely want to put Brass's Bounty in there, comboing it with Reiterate for infinite mana in form of treasure tokens. Take out Nevinyrral's Disk. Run bit more control spells, type of Evacuation Crush of Tentacles Capsize Cyclonic Rift Curse of the Swine
Reiterate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
U/R (Izzet): 0.22%