|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can I draw my deck before discarding with Faithless Looting?
- Question about how reiterate works in eggs.
- I cast Howl of the Horde (Raid-enabled) then Reiterate; what is the end result?
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus experience counters and Reiterate
- Does Swarm Intelligence go infinite with twincasting spells?
Buyback (3) (You may pay an additional (3) as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
dreas94: They're more for utility rather than the theme. I've been cutting back on them, but I need a few in there. Reiterate, Fork, and Dualcaster Mage would stay. But I can cut one of the others for the Imperial Recruiter that's sitting in the Maybeboard.
3 days ago
Krenko wants to move fast so here is what I would cut and add:
Door of Destinies is too slow; Quest for the Goblin Lord too little boost; Boggart Shenanigans 1 too much mana; Warstorm Surge seems win-more; Wheel of Fate cannot control it well; Kindred Charge too expensive; Vanquisher's Banner too expensive; Goblin Charbelcher don't see a way to manipulate this effectively; Conqueror's Galleon if kept I'd add Throne of the God-Pharaoh; Chancellor of the Forge too expensive; Goblin Assassin fun but expensive; Goblin Recruiter have doubles so cut 1 and add Goblin Matron; Metallic Mimic a slow lord that may not be truly needed; and Ogre Battledriver kind of win-more.
Foundry Street Denizen can get huge like Reckless One; Goblin Chainwhirler will be fun; Goblin Dark-Dwellers expensive but good utility; Lightning Crafter consistent burn; Mogg War Marshal more goblins; Wily Goblin mini ramp; Zo-Zu the Punisher can punish heavy ramping decks;
Fling works well w 2 (or 3 if you add FSD) for obvious reasons; Mizzium Mortars overload ftw; ; Fork, Reiterate, Reverberate, Increasing Vengeance, and Howl of the Horde let you 2 for 1 spells, even your opponents, so you can counter a counter or copy ramp to get ahead or copy a kill spell for your own satisfaction too; Battle Hymn, Brightstone Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, and Seething Song to get moving quicker.
Relic of Progenitus and Tormod's Crypt for graveyard hate; Coldsteel Heart, Fellwar Stone, Fire Diamond, Ruby Medallion, Hazoret's Monument, Sol Ring,Wayfarer's Bauble, Armillary Sphere, Traveler's Amulet, Expedition Map for ramp (see a theme? You want 1-2 (a few 3) CMC ramp in here).
Now, Zada, Hedron Grinder is my baby and I think you should add her in with a few spells that will be fine without her but amazing if she is out: Crimson Wisps and Expedite draw and give haste, which you want Krenko to always have just in case he might get killed. With Zada you still get haste but draw 10+ cards; Heat Shimmer and Twinflame let you get a 2nd utility goblin or Krenko (sacking original) for even more goblins. With Zada she will double your entire board.
1 week ago
The buyback spells are alot of value, like Fanning the Flames, Shattering Pulse, and Spell Burst. They all need 4-5 experience counters to get going, but then you can start doing things with your excess mana every turn. The best one is probably Whispers of the Muse. With 5 experience counters you can pay a blue mana to draw a card as many times as you like at instant speed.
I also like Dominate to steal opponents creatures.
Check out my deck if you'd like: Mizzix the Spellslinger
2 weeks ago
Might consider adding storm cards; Grapeshot, Empty the Warrens, Flusterstorm, Volcanic Awakening, Temporal Fissure, Mind's Desire. Consecrated Sphinx has done a lot of work for me in both multiplayer and 1v1. Reiterate + Reset + Lightning Bolt goes infinite and allows you to end the game. and its tutorable with the Firemind's Foresight you are already running. I would also consider running a Thought Vessel and or Reliquary Tower cause i know i usually end up needing it at some point in my games with Mizzix. I like the deck though, love the spellslinger Mizzix play :). +1
2 weeks ago
Infinite Reflection doesn't go infinite with any of the indicated cards as far as I can tell (doesn't affect tokens).
2 weeks ago
I agree, ramping in Grixis isn't easy. Mana rocks for days. I'd say a Dimir Signet would help you out more, yeah.
Reign of the Pit is cute, but I would say CM takes the cake. While it doesn't hit every player, it's a gut punch to a single player that's hard to recover from, even in Commander.
Refuse / Cooperate is also not great. If you want to copy things, the way to go is ultimately gonna be Reiterate. If you hardcast it, then pay the Buyback cost when you cast it from the graveyard, it'll go back to your hand instead of exile! Helps get a bit more oomph out of every card.
Go for the Throat and Walk the Plank are decent, but I'd consider upgrading to a planeswalker autokill, like Dreadbore, Hero's Downfall, or Ruinous Path if you can. If you want to go even more battlecruiser, Phthisis is slow, cumbersome, and expensive -- but in Commander, it can hit like a bag of bricks.
3 weeks ago
One combo i use nearly every game with mizziz is Mizzix of the Izmagnus and Firemind's Foresight if mizzix has at least 3 counters, then you cast foresight, searching for Reiterate, Reality Spasm, and Fall of the Titans. You then cast reality spasm with x equaling at least 3. Before it resolves, cast reiterate with buyback targeting reality spasm, float mana from whatever the spasm copy is targeting. Reiterate returns to your hand and you repeat this an infinite number of times for infinite mana. Then you use that mana for fall of the titans, which can then be reiterated. This creates infinite mana, damage, cast triggers, and salt from your opponents.
1 month ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!