Artifact — Equipment
When Dowsing Dagger enters the battlefield, target opponent creates two 0/2 green Plant creature tokens with defender.
Equipped creature gets +2/+1.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may transform Dowsing Dagger.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (4)||longshotlenny , Poppins , Lyzen , ShadowDlux|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dowsing Dagger occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Dowsing Dagger Discussion
1 day ago
DeinoStinkus haha thanks! I think you're right about the Hunted Troll, I already have enough cards that spawn creatures on my opponents side, so I definitely try out Dowsing Dagger Flip. And so far I haven't had too much trouble getting out Phyrexian Obliterator due to Fauna Shaman and Painful Truths helping me grab it quickly.
5 days ago
You are a truly Vile person. I like that.
Overall, cool deck, don't really see the application of Hunted Troll. Stuff for your creatures to fight? If so, I'd recommend Dowsing Dagger Flip, much cheaper and provides extra value if you can transform it, plus gets Obliterator out easier.
Also, do you have issues getting Obliterator out?
2 weeks ago
Very cool to see small weird dudes like Bayou Dragonfly being put to good use :)
I see you run Explorer's Scope. If you think equipments that triggers when their creature hits an opponent is interesting, there are several more that could be good / fun. These include:
1 month ago
It's been a while and wanted to revisit your deck I see you've made some changes and I've played with quite a few cards with my own variant of the deck (currently not up-to-date, check back later today I'll update it).
Cloud Cover has saved Alela's butt more times than I wish to count, if you can get your hands on it Fierce Guardianship is a no-brainer, there are other less expensive cards that can also act as strong counter spells in the deck such as Abjure and Familiar's Ruse. Dowsing Dagger Flip and Sword of Sinew and Steel are both really solid additions with all the 1/1 flyers you have to beat face in with. Sword can also give Alela protection from kill, burn, and some exile effects while clearing artifacts and planeswalkers. Teferi's Ageless Insight can turn those "draw 1 on hit" effects into "draw 2 on hit" effects. Although this next card is more of a win-more effect Shark Typhoon really synergizes well with your no creature deck creating even more 1/1 massive flyers. also Reconnaissance Mission is another Coastal Piracy
1 month ago
You'll want cards that ramp you for multiple mana in your deck since your mana-curve is too high.
Thran Dynamo, Smothering Tithe, Worn Powerstone, Hedron Archive. I don't think you can pull it off super reliably considering how few low-cmc creatures you have, but Dowsing Dagger Flip and Sword of the Animist are also options.
Don't forget card advantage. You'll run out of steam without it.
2 months ago
Star Compass - Dowsing Dagger Flip - Dimir Signet - Prismatic Lens - Sol Ring - Mind Stone - Hedron Archive - Sphere of the Suns - Burnished Hart - Guardian Idol - Worn Powerstone - Cloak and Dagger - Whispersilk Cloak - Prowler's Helm - Neurok Stealthsuit - Bident of Thassa - Key to the City - Rogue's Gloves - Skysovereign, Consul Flagship - Door of Destinies - Manifold Key
3 months ago
Hey there, you've got a pretty good thing going on here, especially for a first deck. A lot more cohesive than my first EDH attempt many moons ago, which was a horrible mishmash of netdeck and "super secret tech" that in fact did not work as intended. Your secret sauce of mild pillow fort actually makes sense!
That said, here are a few pointers that should help you smooth out some rough edges:
- You should run all seven one-drop instant speed cantrips. They're just good, no matter your specific Feather game plan. You're missing Heal and Panic. They don't get you an instant card, but they're still good.
- Dowsing Dagger Flip is really good ramp that flips quite easily because Feather has wings, and you can make use of the big mana shot with your red-centric pump quite easily.
- I agree that Scroll of the Masters is very nice for ending people with voltron damage, I ran it until taking it out recently to focus more on the whole storming out angle. This is a bit of a sad truth, but decks tend to work better when you zoom in on an particular angle of attack. In your case, keep an eye on how the cast payoffs work. You run quite few rocks, so you won't have obscene mana to keep a crazy number of spells in constant circulation. The token guys are still gonna be good for gumming, but the various Guttersnipe variants might end up lacking. I expect Aetherflux Reservoir in particular to do little for you.
- Some voltron stuff I always thought could be good is O-Naginata and Leering Emblem.
- Emerge Unscathed does nothing for you as you don't care about its rebound. You should have enough repeatable protection stuff to not care about Deflecting Swat. Sheltering Light is nice as it's a form of protection while scrying for 1 mana. Faith's Shield is like a second Apostle's Blessing in that it can also protect a non-creature in a pinch. Not sure how vital that will be for you. My personal protection suite is the one-drop insta-flickers (Cloudshift, Ephemerate), two-drop EOT-flickers (Liberate, Long Road Home, Otherworldly Journey), a few colour protection options (Gods Willing, Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield, Shelter) and a bit of indestructibility (Ajani's Presence, Ephemeral Shields, Sheltering Light).
3 months ago
Yep I totally understand that just figured any deathtouch is good deathtouch.
On a different note, have you thought about cards like Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor, Akroan Horse or Dowsing Dagger Flip? Any cards that give weak creature tokens to you opponents for Kelsien to pick off? Dowsing Dagger and Varchild are the better of the three unless you have your untap engine rolling with Kelsien. Akroan horse could be huge if you did.