|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set||Rare|
|2011 Core Set||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Day of Judgment
Destroy all creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ibraJG84 , CampbellStev , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , SamCre1993 , Nemesis , pskinn01 , cryptoplasm , gosora , brokendwarf , philktoken8998 , Mousemke , jhTheMan99 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Day of Judgment Discussion
1 day ago
1 day ago
Abolish is another fun card since you can discard an unneeded Plains to cast it for no mana to surprise your opponents. Seal of Cleansing and Aura of Silence are more helpful cards in that you can cast it early and sacrifice it at any time without needing to spend mana on it. Seal of Cleansing and Aura of Silence are also recurrable by Sun Titan and Emeria Shepherd.
Lastly Worldslayer is brutally powerful for this commander. Since your commander can gain indestructible, equipping this to her is practically a game finisher. I'd recommend also running Steelshaper's Gift and Open the Armory to help search for that equipment to help you reach the end game sooner.
If you're going to destroy everything on board your Avacyn, Angel of Hope can make board-wipe one-sided. Boros Charm also works in giving your stuff indestructible or could give your commander double strike which could help dealing lethal commander damage to someone or you could also select the 4 damage mode to take out a planeswalker.
2 days ago
Hi Again xXImpetuSXx,
Ho, indeed, my bad. :(Sorry, I didn't memorize the Ban and Restricted List. :(
Thanks for pointing that out, you saved me some money mate !
Hi Again ghoul_Legion
Yeh, Aurelia, the Warleader RRWW and Akroma, Angel of Fury RRR aretricky to play. I often face the situation where I'm missing White or Red Manas. That's why I put mostly two-colors-lands and Bounces-lands ( Izzet Boilerworks etc etc )
Even Entreat the Angels without Miracle is just unplayable.
Yeah, I messed up the lands ratio as well, sorry. I'll fix that in a few days.
I don't want to annoy you with tons of questions heh. Your advices are extremely precious, for I'm not an hardcore MTG Player and your advices are extremely pertinent / relevent !!
Thanks again for your time !!
2 days ago
Personally I don't see why sweeps like Day of Judgment could be helpful, because unless you can save your creature with indestructable, you're just left with no creatures and a ton of equip costs. Good luck!
2 days ago
Well Since Supreme Verdict can't be countered it's obviously better.
Consider that Day of Judgment can be played in decks without blue, so there's that. If your friends don't play much counterspells, I'd go day of judgment.
Also, You have alot of cards with 2X or 3X of the same color cost, those cards gets really hard to play. Playing cards with RR & others with WW is dangerous in a 2 color deck, Here, you have cards with RRWW & RRR you are playing 3 colors. Yes ofc it's playable, but do some playtesting and tell me how often you got to play Aurelia, the Warleader or Entreat the Angels on the turn you draw it. I would probably try to find angels with simpler mana costs.
ALso 22 lands seems a bit low to me. 23-24 lands would be better, and you currently have 63 cards in the deck :)
Ral Zarek doesn't bring much to this deck.
Don't worry you can ask as many questions as you like.Just remember my advices are my own opinions and I'm nowhere near a pro level player :)
2 days ago
Hello once Again ghoul_Legion
I have one last question for you ( If it's okay ! )
Thanks Again for your time !!
4 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
5 days ago
SufferFromEDHD Flagstones seems like a great add to the deck. I've considered the Ankh before but I have enough sources of damage in the deck that the little I get from it could be something else. The outlast creatures though... I'm not sold, they only do something with 2% of my deck and I'm already playing Karma as a lol card :P I'd rather play Angelic Skirmisher or Akroma's Memorial. Rector was in earlier but I don't have any sac outlets so she came out pretty early. I'd rather not win with Helm. I love Catastrophe, it was in the deck for awhile but it came out for curve reasons but I can see it coming back in, that card is bananas. How can I not run Day of Judgment and Wrath of God?? They're too gorgeous to not play!!