|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Day of Judgment
Destroy all creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||ibraJG84 , TheAlmostHero , Vasbear1 , dbp512 , sonnet666 , lolpatrol , KingMathoro , Hakira , philktoken8998 , Spinalripper , CampbellStev , Justinaut , Famicomania , gildan_bladeborn , MagnaAura , Azdranax , Supremespeed , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , ZombieFood , xXThormentXx , Antiat , geazykagar , Nemesis , Auriel , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , TheDuggernaught , VGJustice , YossarianLives , Mousemke , mziter501 , jhTheMan99 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Boza|
|Want (6)||VampSlayer , SketchyScribbler , chrishuffman95 , ryuzaki32667 , No1HanSolo , Daeyel|
Day of Judgment Discussion
1 day ago
Day of Judgment should be Wrath of God or Settle the Wreckage. You also need to either run 4 Celestial Colonnade or if that is outside of your budget more planeswalkers or creatures because right now you don't have enough win conditions. Outside of Colonnade, you can run 1-2 more Dragonlord Ojutai with 1-2 copies of Minamo, School at Water's Edge. You can also run more Gideon Jura and Elspeth, Sun's Champion. AEtherling can be a pretty good budget wincon too.
3 days ago
Fun list. I don't think you need Manalith and Star Compass, since you only have one color. I'd suggest replacing them with Sol Ring and Pearl Medallion(both budget friendly). More expensive options could be Thran Dynamo and Urza's Incubator.
Worldslayer is a very good card for when you have your commander out, since your entire board is indestructible. The advantage of having Avacyn, Angel of Hope is that your board stays alive when mass destruction/removal is used. You can abuse this: Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Rout, Tragic Arrogance, Fumigate. I'd say you could put 6 of these kinds of spells in your deck.
You have a lot of angels, so you could also add Coat of Arms and Vanquisher's Banner or replace one of your lands with Path of Ancestry , naming angels. Speaking of lands, there are some utility lands you could put in, like Rogue's Passage and Mystifying Maze. There's a good land for ramp but it's a little pricier: Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
I hope these suggestions will help you, some are budget friendly, some a little less. Have fun.
2 weeks ago
Hello! Welcome to EDH! And you're Playing Boros! My favorite color combination!
Since your budget is low for now I'll try to keep all suggestions to under $5, and try my best to keep them under $2. Sometimes it's difficult but hey, you only need to get one for each deck haha!
Since your new to the format, lets go over some EDH staples. There are cards that, more of less, go in every commander deck.
Staples: Sol Ring is the #1 best staple card in the format. If you plan on doing EDH pick up a few. Boros Signet(and all other color-combo signets) ramp and color fixing. Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots for protection and haste. Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum is ramp and card draw. Commander's Sphere, Hedron Archive and Mind Stone ramp and serve as draw if needed. Finally, Command Tower goes in every deck.
You'll notice those are all artifacts or lands. That's what makes them so good(and sometimes pricey).
Next are some solid options in red and white that can pretty much go in any red or white deck.
Boros Staples: Swords to Plowshares, Sun Titan(need low curve to really be useful), Sunforger(need good instant package to really be useful, I can help with that if interested), Return to Dust, Path to Exile(as a modern player you might have some already haha), Wear / Tear, Wrath of God, Sword of the Animist, Vandalblast, Chaos Warp, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion(pricey but to good not to suggest. My favorite card I'm biased).
Now, a simple Commander deck-building template to help you out. This is a rough outline of an EDH deck and by no means is the end all be all. You have a good start already!
64 spells(including your commander)
Of these 64 spells: 7-9 RAMP spells. 8-10 CARD-DRAW spells. 6-8 REMOVAL spells. 2-4 BOARD-WIPE spells. The other 27ish spells are creatures, tutors, recursion, graveyard hate, utility, etc etc.
So here are some suggestions. I'll repeat some or most of the staples I already mentioned.
Lands: You have a good start, but think about adding: Command Tower, Ash Barrens(getting a reprint, price will drop), Battlefield Forge, Clifftop Retreat($$$ sorry, it's a good one though), Evolving Wilds, Temple of the False God(counts as ramp too!), Temple of Triumph(make that Temple of SCRYumph! Hehehe), and Wind-Scarred Crag.
Ramp: Boros is notorious for it's weakness of ramp and card draw, so we have to make up for it with a lot of artifacts. Consider: Boros Signet, Coldsteel Heart, Commander's Sphere, Fellwar Stone, Fire Diamond, Marble Diamond, Burnished Hart, Sword of the Animist Hedron Archive, Mind Stone, and most importantly Sol Ring.
Card-Draw: The already mentioned Commander's Sphere, Hedron Archive and Mind Stone fit here too. It's great to double down on categories to make room for more cool stuff. Solemn Simulacrum, Land Tax(staple for those who can afford it does not ramp but draws you 3 lands which is good), Skullclamp(is amazing with all the tokens), Well of Lost Dreams(good with lifegain)
That's as far as I'll go for now.
There's a crash course in EDH! Good luck, have fun, and feel free to hit me with any questions!
2 weeks ago
Typically, decks like this (look up Sun and Moon) also include Blood Moon and Koth of the Hammer. You probably also want wraths mainboard, like Damnation, Bontu's Last Reckoning, and your classic Day of Judgment, as well as the Anger of the Gods that you have in your board (as an elves player, it gets really hard to win game one when your opponent has wraths). In addition, Ensnaring Bridge can be useful for holding off attackers until you get your walkers online, and should be cheap with its reprinting in Masters 25. For your sideboard, I would recommend Surgical Extraction over Hide/Seek, as you already have enough spot artifact/enchantment hate for the first clause to be relevant. I also might play Crackling Doom, as its good against Bogles (for which your deck can't easily wrath enchantments well, and all of your removal is nullified) and in the mirror match, as they have to sac their biggest guy, so it protects against Nahiri's ultimate. Other than that, it depends a lot on what people play in your meta.
2 weeks ago
2/27/18 potential changes:
+1 Stasis Snare
1 month ago
Oh I guess you mostly need to cut cards:
Ageless Entity is just a big fat boy, no evasion, no +1/+1 counter synergy. He doesn't do enough for 5 mana. Baneslayer Angel is kinda in the same boat. Gains some life, but not super resilient, and not a super fast clock. Exalted Angel falls under the same category of medium beaters. Probably Gisela, the Broken Blade too?
All 3 soul sisters should go, they're pure dedicated life gain with no other upside in a deck that already gains plenty of life. They might be good enough for Karlov that gets immediate value off of repeated small incremental life gain, but not for you.
Sangromancer is pure dedicated life gain on a medium body. I don't think much of it but it can situationally gain crazy life. I'd cut it but I can see the argument for it.
Siege Rhino maaaaaaaybe? If you intend to go full on tempo agro? Doesn't feel like an amazing strategy tho, and the deck feels more grindy than agro.
Quiet Disrepair this is a comically bad way to get rid of a problem artifact or enchantment, and some of those faster, more certain methods gain life anyway.
Leyline of Vitality is basically just a soul sister.
Maybe trim a few pieces of your more mediocre spot removal? Molder sticks out as pretty bad.
6 field sweeps seems a little high considering you kind of want your field to stick, and your recursion isn't super strong. Day of Judgment at least seems like it could go.
You got like 10 ways to kill artifacts/enchantments, so Fracturing Gust might be overkill.
1 month ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.
1 month ago
I like it, I haven't seen either of those cards, but it certainly seems good. If you want to hit on early game disruption (usually in the form of Thoughtseize or Inquisition of Kozilek), cards Loxodon Smiter are a suprise, and if you want to mess with aggro decks, Cryptic Commands and Supreme Verdicts are how control decks deal with many of them. I suggest Day of Judgment for a budget boardwipe.
If you really want to abuse Acolyte's Reward, I suggest using a Boros (Red-White) deck that answer the opponent and comboes off to win. Blasphemous Act is both a Board wipe and a win-con. Stuffy Doll, Spitemare, and Boros Reckoner are your creatures, and you blow up your own creatures to win. Possibly Pariah for the laughs as they attack themselves.