|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
The owner of target permanent shuffles it into their library, then reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent card, they put it onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Chaos Warp Discussion
1 day ago
I'm generally not too worried on permanents for Bloom Tender as generally Intet is there on the battlefield with Bloom out. If not 2 for 2 is still value with the general low curve of the deck. I actually have been trying to find more red permanents or spells to add in the deck, it's just that so many of the things that red provides are just outclassed by what the blue/green side of the pie can provide. unfortunately most of the time I use Bloom Tenders mana in conjunction with Intet's...My meta doesn't see Bloom Tender in a deck with 3 colors as lets say a 5C Najeela can do.
Going on to the next point, when Intet goes off it is generally pretty hard to stop even without the counter spell back up due to having Vexing Shusher and Boseiju. Consistently she can go off by turn 5-6, but I already accepted that she can't be a true competitive tier, but I can definitely see this build as being high powered. She can't consistently pull the T3 threatening rule.
- Bring to Light I actually agree with you on this, this has been my flex spot and been actually testing it out. This was actually to mainly get my wheels as the most important thing for Intet is consistent CA or having a fully stock hand. There is the time that this can get you an extra turn due to Mana Confluence/City of Brass but the chances are unlikely to have both in play the same game.
- Dack Fayden I agree on the same sentiments, he hasn't been spectacular, but he has his uses when I steal artifacts, but that's just it. He can help me dig but I might as well use Faithless Looting for sheer efficiency.
- Nissa, Vital Force As I said with Bring to Light, CA is key, she does make all my land ramp spells into cantrips as well, 5 is a lot and my usual rule of the thumb is that in any competitive EDH deck 5 cmc cards have to do one of two things, A) Give an tremendous advantage or B) Wins you the game. She gives a lot of advantage in being a unkillable CA and being able to activate a turn after. She would be the last to cut if I'm given the choice atm unless there is a better consistent CA engine.
- Heroic Intervention Now I haven't truly tested this card out as of yet as this card was swapped in from a Mox Diamond, I saw the potential and this was pre-anti counter spell mindset. So yes this card can be cut to test a counter suite package.
- Red Elemental Blast/Pyroblast These would be more meta call cards as I would run Dispel or Flusterstorm over them. This would be the only type of deck I'm reluctant to run Swan Song however due to Intet needing a combat trigger to proc, same with any Brago decks as well lol
- Krosan Grip currently at the moment, I'm not having any problems with this nor do I have any problems casting it and it always comes in clutch when I need the split second the most. There are plenty of Paradox combo decks in my area as well as Jhoira decks so indeed the split second is a meta call but I like it in this deck as of now.
- Natural State -> Dispel/Flusterstorm/Stubborn Denial
- Dack Fayden -> Delay
- Ponder -> Mana Vault
- Bring to Light -> Pact of Negation
- Heroic Intervention -> Negate
I do appreciate the insight, and I am not as stubborn about the anti-counter spell as I was before like 3 years ago. My current goal is to refine Intet as far as possible, so right now these are the changes I'm going to include into Intet but I want to know your thoughts.
These changes seems reasonable to me.
I have a couple questions for you since you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and as well as some great perspective and MTG experience.
- In forgoing hard land ramp, would you think cutting cards like Kodama's Reach/Cultivate for fast rocks be better? or would you say the other way around and cut the 2 cmc ramp spells for the 2 cmc rocks as with the 3 cmc ramp they replace itself. I have already cut out Skyshroud Claim months ago and I haven't entirely missed it at all.
- What red permanent/spell do you know that can help this version of Intet? I been doing research a lot and I could of missed some. That has been my biggest dilemma aside from tuning Intet to the most optimal version of herself. There is a entire lack of red and basically the red is in here for the Wheel of Fortune and Vandalblast, I used to run Chaos Warp as well but that has been cut out as sometimes it can benefit the opponent more, slight chance, but a chance nonetheless. Thanks again for your insight, I have a feeling that after these next couple discussions Intet will be reborn into a new iteration of herself, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
3 days ago
Hanweir militia captain - looking at the list im unsure how reliably this will flip, and you really need it to flip to be worth the mana
paladin of atonement - this isn't a very aggressive creature, if looking for a creature that grows throughout the game Taurean Mauler is generally better
renegade map - in a deck with no artifact recursion a land is better than renegade map. if you want the color fixing Ash Barrens is useful
hedron archive - doesn't seem to have a place in the deck considering that the curve tops out relatively low, two mana ramp like Mind Stone will let you be able to play your commander on turn 3 while having the same flexibility hedron does to get cards later in the game
I like the instant you have with sunforger, one piece of my sunforger package that has won me games is Comeuppance, its meta dependent but ive killed someone because they fireballed me
blood mist - Duelist's Heritage is better
citadel siege - i don't know how often you just have one creature, but with two creatures Spear of Heliod is generally better, you can't build up counters like you can with siege, but it works on everything and if the game goes too long youre probably losing as an aggro deck anyway
mana base - with ten 1 drops i think you should take out every land that has to enter tapped. the mana fixing isn't worth the lost tempo (this includes evolving wilds)
seems like a high amount of boardwipes for an aggro deck. meta dependent of course, but maybe take a hard look and decide if you really need them or more single target removal like Chaos Warp or Oblivion Ring
just my first thoughts
5 days ago
Hey, looks good, but want more lands :) The format here is Standard, it should be Commander. You can change this where you edit the deck.
I suggest 40 lands. Budget lands to consider adding:
Glade, Thicket are Forest/Mountain dual lands this makes them very good, can be tutored for with the land ramp spells that can tutor for a Forest/Mountain dual land (Lore, Claim, etc.)
Other cards to consider adding:
- Tireless Tracker
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip
- Eternal Witness
- Greenwarden of Murasa
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Sylvan Safekeeper
- Nature's Lore
- Chaos Warp
Cards to consider cutting, includes cuts to add more lands:
- Garruk's Packleader
- Ghirapur Orrery
- Broken Bond
- Aspect of Mongoose
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Domri Rade
- Hull Breach
- Archetype of Aggression
- Seer's Sundial
- Second Harvest
- Where Ancients Tread
- Into the Wilds
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Boundless Realms
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Snuggruble That's actually plenty to go on about! So essentially you want a control deck and using Niv Mizzie as CA. Yeah he is essentially known as a wheel commander due to his infamous combo involving Curiosity/Ophidian Eye. If you are going for a spell slinger/control route I would recommend a win-con with either Paradox Engine using in conjunction with Bonus Round and Aetherflux Reservoir or the more budget friendly alternative in Isochron Scepter/Dramatic Reversal. The former is a more fun way to play imo, while the latter is straight up an easier to assemble piece.
Now here might be some budget cards that are under $5 that can be quite helpful and efficient.
- Mystical Tutor
- Mystic Remora
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Pull from Tomorrow
- Fact or Fiction
- Dig Through Time
These are just some suggestions that can be considered, let me know if ya have any questions!
1 week ago
LOL, yeah, I ask a lot, all at once. But damn really? That's interesting..same name, lots of similar cards...But ok.
Yeah, makes sense. Metallic Mimic does some work..indeed.
I like River Kelpie because he draws when other people do graveyard stuff. True, but in a heavy creature meta Clique is pretty good. Not Amazing!, but pretty good.
Yeahhhh, I would definitely give Vigean Graftmage another try. When he comes out people always anticipate what's gonna happen and then you see the "oh, ohhh, Ohhhhhhhh" face after they read it lol
Completely agree! Razaketh is great, it's one of the non-free sac outlets that I actually loved in this deck because the 2 life can matter...but yeah, 8 AND triple Black can be difficult. Or, you're just playing that and doing nothing else that turn which feels bad.
Thanks man, I appreciate that :)
I just checked out the list you posted and I like the changes you've made: Phantasmal Image - not a change, but clones are awesome and I might add him. Imperial Recruiter - tutors are always great. Chasm Skulker - I had it in my first build, cut it, and now I realize just having blockers in this deck is awesome because your life gets dangerously low sometimes. Chaos Warp - great in general Last One Standing - seems really good, cheaper boardwipe. Ever backfire though? Midnight Reaper - def have to try this out, I just put in Harvester of Souls after having it for a while and this seems like a cheaper version. Shifting Shadow - seems like a powerhouse if no one catches on and removes it lol I've wanted to add this for quite a while. Glen Elendra Archmage - awesome with Mikaeus lol I'm sure you know. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip - I'm not a huge fan of that 7 mana cost to flip honestly, but, the effects do seem somewhat worth it. Sakashima the Impostor - I would have thought this is really good in Marchesa..no? Anger - I can understand that. I sometimes forget you need a mountain. Zealous Conscripts - I actually also took this out from my starting build. It didn't do much for me when people play small creatures and often just drew hate since people thought I ran the Kiki combo... Scourge of the Throne - I actually really like this card, but haven't played it much to have an opinion on it, but when I have, it hasn't done the amount of work I expected it too sadly. Consecrated Sphinx - seems great. I may test this out, I need more draw in my list. No Rune-Scarred Demon? - have you ever tested him out? I like the way it plays most times.
LANDS: I need a Hall of the Bandit Lord though, seems good.
Good on you for putting every fetch land though! I haven't invested That much money into my Marchesa landbase, but I should. Personally, personally, I don't think the OG duals are worth their cost in any deck lol - maybe when they were cheaper and I got a scrubland for my Teysa deck at $60, but now each being minimum $100?.. meh.. But I know everyone has different opinions on them.
Overall though, I really like the look of your list - it seems solid!
1 week ago
In Boros colors there are quite a few infinite combos, but to go along with your theme of angel tribal, there is only one I could think of and that is the Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault. The cards by itself is strong already and when combined it leads to infinite combat steps, provided you have 5 lands on the battlefield. Here is also some staple cards in Boros color that are great with interaction:
Hope that helps!
1 week ago
FrasierC alright can definitely help you out here. There is an amazing combo with Niv-Mizzet that essentially lets you win on the spot, however the damage Niv does is limited only to the amount of cards you have in your library. The key cards are Curiosity and Ophidian Eye, once that enchants Niv it starts going back and forth in accumulating card draw for you. Now the problem here is that you will most likely playing in pods of 4 so if everyone is at perfect life when this goes off that means you have to deal 120 points of damage, but you only have let's say 70 cards left in your library that's 50 more cards you have to draw. The solution to this is cards like Time Reversal which let's you shuffle your hand and grave back, and retriggering Niv to draw your deck again.
Now you know the combo, here are some budget card suggestions that you can fill up your deck with:
These cards aren't to expensive and for their cost it does exactly what you need them to do.
Card Draw/Refill/Niv Synergy:
These cards are for the synergy with Niv as well as early game card draw to refill your hand or can be used in conjunction with Niv and Curiosity/Ophidian Eye.
Hope that helps!
1 week ago
With all the Instants you run, I would suggest running a Sunforger package as well. Some additional good cards that I would suggest for the package if you choose to run it would be Wear / Tear, Silence, Faith's Reward, Chaos Warp, Swords to Plowshares, and Boros Charm. The curve is also a bit high in that regards to all your spells so I would recommend tuning it for more mana rocks to accelerate your game plan. Cheap mana rocks that I would recommend would be Mind Stone, Boros Signet, Boros Locket, Commander's Sphere, Fellwar Stone, and maybe Chromatic Lantern. Aurelia can also abuse Sword of the Animist since you get two combat steps you can trigger it twice, I would highly recommend this card.
Some additional lit cards to consider are Legion's Initiative it protects and buffs your creatures, spicy! Strionic Resonator allows you to have 3 combat steps! I know your trying to go with an Angel theme, but I see some non angels in there soooo Etali, Primal Storm with extra combat just wrecks face. If you aren't against infinite combos, Aggravated Assault + Sword of Feast and Famine is infinite combat steps.
Hope that helps and feel free to ask for any advice! I play regularly against a tuned Aurelia deck so I know how downright disgusting she can be :P