|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
The owner of target permanent shuffles it into their library, then reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent card, they put it onto the battlefield.
|Have (6)||releasethedogs , Narueled , , agardels , AlbinoLion , jhTheMan99|
|Want (14)||zn.tportlock , widell , LastCall , EdwinSmithIV , xafeara , Jspeed , JannieB , flipdipple , redarrow4403 , Clones16 , QBrick , boneSANITY , Vialheart , Xelgion|
Chaos Warp Discussion
3 days ago
Congrats on the 500th! I see that you've finally embraced the Nabber (although I'm sad to see the stylish Curse of Opulence go - I'm guessing there's not enough agroo to be had in your competetive meta).
(Also, nitpick alert: Chaos Warp isn't part of the 'forger package? :) )
4 days ago
4 days ago
1 week ago
Hey, fellow 'Laddie brewer! Stopping by to suggest some ideas to your deck.
It looks like you're mostly trying to go wide with tokens, and occasionally punish with big bois, or all the big bois. I noticed you have several token makers, but not enough big bois to make tokens of, or copy makers themselves. In this scope, allow me to suggest a few cards and possible pieces you could directly replace. These suggestions are rather minor as I don't want to change the scope of the deck entirely, as it should still be yours. :)
- Trading Post in for Whirlermaker : 4 mana and tap to make a dude is too expensive. A better option is to put in good ol' Trading Post as it makes a 0/1 goat for 1 mana and 1 life. Remember that life is a resource too, and at 40 in EDH, 1 life won't make that much of a difference. Besides, Trading Post does it all! Draws a card, recurs artifacts, creates tokens, and gains life. Excellent piece for any artifact deck.
- Cyclonic Rift for Aether Gale : This is the first big money upgrade I'm suggesting. I understand if you want to maintain a budget, but consider splurging on a CyRift if you see the chance to trade for one or come across some extra dineros. It bounces EVERYTHING except for your big bad bois, so you can swing out and win.
- Chaos Warp : Izzet suffers from the ability to remove enchantments or exiling in general (other than very few spells like Lava Coil or Curse of the Swine , two cards you also may want to consider as removal), so having a card that can hit anything is imperative. Chaos Warp at $2ish does just that. At instant speed! Oh, I'm about to get swung at with an unblockable Blightsteel Colossus ? Nope that noise. They've got Propaganda or Sphere of Safety ? Tuck it away! Thus, your chances to win increase even more. Like your number of tokens.
- Twinflame : Cheap copy maker, and you can make even more copies of more things, but only one is enough for Laddie to create an army. It's a bulk-ish card so it shouldn't hurt the budget.
- Desolation Twin : Another bulk card that makes a token on entry?? Excuse me?? Yup. Gives you a free 10/10 token on arrival that Brudiclad would like to use as a template. No annihilator, though, but an army of 10/10s is NOTHING to laugh at.
- Master of Etherium : A cheap, stronger, yet more vulnerable alternative to Darksteel Juggernaut. For three mana, its P/T is also equal to the number of artifacts you control, but it gets better. Other artifacts you control get +1/+1, meaning that EVERY Master of Etherium buffs the rest, giving you effectively twice as much power as the same number of Darksteel Juggernauts. And the cheap mana cost means you can pay to make a token of it on the same turn, then swing out with 10 tokens with 19/19. That's death. lol
- Flameshadow Conjuring : This card's worth a couple of bucks, but it's an enchantment that makes a token of anything you play for red. One mana. That's it. With Etherium Sculptor out, you would pay full price for a big beater AND a token of it that Lad is going to replicate. This card sees plenty of hate, so be way of when you play. Also, the token goes away at end of turn, so make
- Dance of Many : Old, cheap enchantment (costs UU to play) that makes a copy of ANYTHING on the board. Has a UU maintenance cost at the upkeep, but it doesn't matter if you already made other copies and swung with them all.
I invite you to look at (my build)[http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brudiclad-the-big-bad-boi-builder/] and compare lists for ideas. Again, I didn't suggest many changes because I don't want to take away from the deck; it should still be yours. Lemme know what you think of these changes!
1 week ago
Thanks for your comments! We agree with your first point; a turn two-three Purphy is rather terrifying. We've already tried to put some effort into the deck's construction to make sure we can cast him early, and more of the same would be nice. However, Brood Birthing would not really suit this deck. It would need more, early-casting opportunities (as in turn 1-2) of Eldrazi related stuff in order for us to really benefit from this sorcery. Skirk Prospector makes more sense to us; maybe in exchange for Dragonmaster Outcast . We will give it some thought.
Red is great at damaging stuff, so in that sense it's great at creature removal. The removal you're talking about however; yeah, it's an issue. We've had Chaos Warp in here before. Fact is that the chances of drawing it when we need it are slim. We also have no means to tutor for it. So rather than relying on a lot of luck or relying on more (expensive-to-cast) removal, we figured we were better off ignoring removal entirely and focus on red's strengths instead.
And besides, even if Purphy is removed, we can still create a rather large goblin army and let's not forget Impact Tremors , Burn at the Stake , Marton Stromgald and Descent of the Dragons for some great damage dealing.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 week ago
I was looking round for ideas for my purphoros deck and came across yours and it looks great some aspects i'm going to try to bring in to mine (thankyou sooooo much for Mogg Infestation i had not seen that). Whilst I was here I thought I would share a couple of things I have found to be useful.
1st is something someone pointed out to be about all 4 cost commanders, 2 cost mana acceleration is amazing. Being able to drop purphoros on turn 3 is a huge advantage. Including the 3 that you run i run another 7 ways of getting the big guy out a turn earlier. Two of the ways i run are Brood Birthing and Skirk Prospector which i find are not nothing cards in this deck (skirk prospector is obviously hugely better!)
2nd is removal. unfortunately red decks suffer massively from the lack of this and if someone plays: darksteel mutation, gideon's intervention, song of the dryads, imprisoned in the moon ect (staple cards to remove commanders from the rest of the game). your game goes down hill. that is why i run Chaos Warp in ALL mono red decks and then i also run Meteor Golem (m19 uncommon so probably two recent to have been considered) and Spine of Ish Sah but these later two are far worse than the amazing chaos warp.
1 week ago
Hi! Great deck. May I suggest a few changes? Cut Savage Stomp and Pounce for any more versatile removal spell such as Chaos Warp or Decimate . Check out my version of Gishath, it may give you a few ideas and you might be able to give me some too. Cheers!
Chaos Warp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,14%
U/R (Izzet): 0,48%
RW (Boros): 0,4%
RG (Gruul): 0,29%
BRG (Jund): 0,18%
RUG (Temur): 0,28%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0,3%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 0,23%
RBW (Mardu): 0,15%
RGW (Naya): 0,16%