|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Add , , or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||Mousemke , Azdranax , warcry02 , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , TheDuggernaught , ChessRuler|
|Want (7)||vishnarg , acbooster , sirbar , TheDuggernaught , GoldGhost012 , Mrbiscuit22 , jamesesdad|
Sunken Ruins Discussion
2 weeks ago
Rian, re-reading my previous comment (now deleted) I think I made a simple explanation way too complicated. Let me re-try.
- Yes. It's because they're all strictly worse than Gemstone Mine and all the other 5 color lands I placed in the deck. This deck is designed to be the most efficient tribal sliver edh deck possible. The previous cards you mentioned ether come into play tapped (Path of Ancestry is too slow) OR are dependent on factors that are outside of my control. Basically, if I needed access to mana but i'm facing a mono red deck, then Exotic Orchard is of no use. If I need to play something that isn't a creature (and not colorless), then Unclaimed Territory, and Ancient Ziggurat are wasted slots.
- Why? Because the lands you mentioned have limitations based on factors entirely outside of your control. The filter lands and Gemstone Mine don't have such limiting factors. You can spend the mana they produce on anything your deck plays. Not just creatures - your mana options are not limited when you absolutely need to play something.
2 weeks ago
Looking at your landbase, is there a reason you're not playing Unclaimed Territory , Ancient Ziggurat, Exotic Orchard and Path of Ancestry ? They all seem potentially better than Gemstone Mine, Cascade Bluffs, Flooded Grove, Mystic Gate, Sunken Ruins.
3 weeks ago
I know this deck is from a while ago and you've probably moved on from it but I have a couple suggestions.
Silence in the main deck feels really clunky, unless your LGS meta is very storm heavy I'd definitely move it to the side. Idyllic Tutor for another way to grab Hedron Alignment or Opt for draw and scrying would probably be good options to replace.
Other than that I like it, thinking about building the deck myself, but in a pillow fort shell (my LGS is an aggro heavy meta) and you gave me a couple ideas. Thanks!
1 month ago
2 months ago
Since my knowledge of Tron's mana base, is somewhat limited, I'll mostly ask you questions so that you can determine which land is the best to provide UB.
Further, at just one or two copies, will you see Darkwater Catacombs often enough in the early turns that they enter untapped? If memory serves Tron tries to draw games out to stall until it assembles Tron, so it's highly probably that you'll see these too late to enter untapped.
Urborg is definitely worth considering. As you say, assuming you are against a non-black deck, Sundering Titan will destroy an additional land. However, how prevalent are black decks in your meta?
2 months ago
Hey, welcome to TappedOut. Very nice build for your first Commander deck.
Consider decreasing the avg. CMC of the deck to 3.0 to start; currently it's 3.9. Cutting a lot of higher casting cost cards will make Scarab more powerful because then you can have a better established battlefield of Zombies before you play him. Scarab is a very mana hungry Commander because he costs five to cast and then four to use his ability each time. Once he's in play your mana is really tied up, dedicated to using his four mana exile ability.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Rise of the Dark Realms
- Decree of Pain
- Rooftop Storm
- Noosegraf Mob
- Gempalm Polluter
- Risen Executioner
- Syphon Mind
Zombie tribal is fun, but you say that you're playing against seasoned competitive players with competitive decks then after a while playing against them with this deck think about how it can be more competitive. The most competitive ability of Scarab is not it's opponents life loss and scry ability equal to the number of Zombies, but it's ability to exile and make a 4/4 copy of a creature from any graveyard.
This exile works with any creature not just Zombies. You could instead of playing Zombies play a deck stuffed full of value creatures with great enter the battlefield (ETB) abilities because in theory you'll get to use these ETB abilities twice. The first time the creature enters play and then again when it's exiled and copied with Scarab.
Value creatures like weak fliers such as Baleful Strix, Mulldrifter, Vendilion Clique who then become 4/4s. Creatures who let you reuse a spell like Torrential Gearhulk and Snapcaster Mage. Others such as Champion of Wits, Hostage Taker and Gilded Drake or great finishers like Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur.
You can then support these creatures, Scarab and overall strategy with more control: draw, draw/discard, removal, counterspells and hand disruption.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Congrats for the deck mate.I just wanna give some tips, like:
LandsBlood CryptCascade BluffsCity of BrassDragonskull SummitDrowned CatacombGraven CairnsMana ConfluenceReflecting PoolSteam VentsSunken RuinsTainted IsleTainted PeakWatery GraveUnderground RiverSulfurous Springs
2 months ago
What's with Rootwater Depths lol, haven't seen those lands since like ever. There are lots of newer better alternatives you know:
- Watery Grave
- Sunken Hollow
- Underground River
- Tainted Isle
- Sunken Ruins
- Darkwater Catacombs
- Command Tower
In order to get the most of Scarab, I think you should take these cards into account:
- Training Grounds to steal creatures cheaper.
- Heartstone strictly worse, but still helps.
- Illusionist's Bracers to steal more.
- Paradox Haze to double the life loss of your opponents.
- Strionic Resonator see above.