|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ZombieFood , TheHelvault , hippienproud , sirlythefirst , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sonnet666 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Wolfebladeelite , cklise , Sparky41 , Swamy|
|Want (10)||BlueMageBrandon , cj96.calimlim , BetaTest , mafmatician , brokendwarf , Psycheretic , Nightdragon779 , pskinn01 , ericalt91 , GeminiSpartanX|
2 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions Joumba and the like! Both Pyrohemia and Fiery Confluence were in my considerations, but I decided to cut them.Fiery Confluence I am still considering due to its flexibility, but I am now straying from enchantments and leaning towards instants and sorceries because they have more synergy with cards such as Past in Flames, Mystic Retrieval, and Kess, Dissident Mage. Because I'm investing in cards to fill my graveyard, running into opportunities to recast Reanimate or Stitch Together into Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or like become much more relevant. Whereas, the only way to recur my enchantments is Open the Vaults. That being said, I am considering taking out Open the Vaults and Marshal's Anthem for a few other cards.Two being Winter Orb because I rely heavily on artifact ramp so it shouldn't hurt me as bad as the rest of my opponents and Mesmeric Orb to help with milling myself.Also, considering Armageddon. A little spiky (and I know this deck is essentially built to do the same thing, but I feel because I'm taking a longer route to get there, it's not as bad :p)
Also, I really like Yamabushi's Storm. I may consider this in the build, however, atm in my meta I am the only one who owns a Crucible of Worlds. If they eventually get one, I probably will throw this in there. One thing to note though, if my combo is in action, and I have an Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite out, my opponents wont be able to play lands because they will die as they etb.
1 week ago
You seem to have the offensive and control aspects of your deck down but it seems to be lacking defensive options; some useful options you might consider would be Yavimaya Hollow, Asceticism and although not entirely defensive Volrath's Stronghold should prevent you from getting priced out on your commander.
I think that TheWallinator74 has the right idea on the infinite combat enablers with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault powered by Savage Ventmaw, Bear Umbra, Nature's Will and Sword of Feast and Famine. If possible I would try and add all of them as they assure some redundancy in enabling the combat damage combo and the mana generators on their own are massively useful.
Another angle to consider for your deck is reanimation, as your commander and deck in general seems well geared to making things dead, so why not capitalize on that with a few cards like Reanimate, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni or Sepulchral Primordial?
1 week ago
Turn 1: swamp Dark Ritual Entomb getting Griselbrand and cast Exhume. Pretty easy to win from there. Faithless Looting Reanimate Sire Of Insanity Grave Titan are all good targets. Avacyn, Angel of Hope is a good card to bring back too.
2 weeks ago
@Illusificate, your second example is just good magic, mixed with a lot of luck! That's why we play edh: for the inevitable random and unique plays. I'm not sure if I'd be mad at that play because of how unlikely it'll ever happen again. I might be mad if they chose Iona, Shield of Emeria and picked a color I'm playing and lock me out turn one lol
I have a friend who mostly plays graveyard shenanigans; and he once skipped a land drop turn 1 to discard Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, then turn two cast Reanimate. Every player before me had to discard their entire hands since they couldn't remove it. On my turn 2 I target Jin-Gitaxias with Cyclonic Rift. Now that player has 1 less land, 10 less life, and everyone else has an empty hand. I was lucky to have my removal, but would you all consider this good or bad magic?
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Here are a few cards I'd recommend.
Treachery, Grinning Totem, Supreme Inquisitor, Voidmage Prodigy, Willbreaker, Animate Dead, Reanimate, Aura Thief, Clever Impersonator, Sudden Spoiling, Tolarian Entrancer, Puppeteer Clique, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Cards you should remove
The reason why is you want to use create wizards and some of these cards don't fit the theme, cost too much mana, or doesn't provide synergy. I suggest running better cards that require less mana yet still do some filthy things.Also run some more ramp and a few more instants and sorceries
2 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.