, : Gain .
|Have (3)||sonnet666 , metalmagic ,|
|Want (6)||ReDdeckWins96 , hp49 , puls3evo , miltharam , Ninbi , fischer1bp|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Boros Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%
RW (Boros): 5.71%
RBW (Mardu): 1.94%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 17.91%
Boros Signet Discussion
5 days ago
Hiya! I really like this list. You've got some cards that I've never seen for Feather, the Redeemed before that I'll probably be adding to my list.
With that, I've got a few recommendations.
First off, I recommend you bump the land count up to 37-38 lands. I've noticed Feather decks tend to be very mana hungry, and so it is really important to make your land drop every single turn. Without a copy of Land Tax, that just won't happen every turn with only 34 lands (assuming you play under the London Mulligan).
The other is adding more ramp to your deck. I noticed you counted cards like Land Tax and Armillary Sphere as ramp. As great as those lands are at securing your land drop and fixing your colors, they are not ramp cards as they don't provide you with more mana than you would have access to otherwise. I recommend adding in two-mana artifacts that tap for a colored mana such as Arcane Signet, Boros Signet, Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Conviction, and the two Diamonds Marble Diamond and Fire Diamond. Not only will this add to the ramp of the deck to help with the need for more mana, these I've found playing my version of the deck let you play a mana rock on turn two, and then cast Feather on turn 3 with the ability to hold up mana for a protection spell.
With that in mind though let me know how the deck has been playing, I'd love to hear about it!
6 days ago
Orzhov Signet, Boros Signet, Rakdos Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Hierarchy, and Talisman of Indulgence for rocks, Sneak Attack, Quicksilver Amulet and Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded for cheats
1 week ago
A couple things:
1) minus 30 points for having monocolor cards in your deck. (joking, of course)
2) are you sure about all of your rocks costing 3 mana? You should definitely be running Sol Ring and should probably be running the signets (Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet, and Gruul Signet) and the talismans (Talisman of Unity, Talisman of Conviction, and Talisman of Impulse).
4) while you have plentiful board wipes, some removal for noncreature permanents may not go amiss. Good ol' Naturalize, Disenchant, Nature's Chant, Return to Nature, Hull Breach, Artifact Mutation, Aura Mutation, are all pretty solid selections, but you should def look into multicolor creatures that can do the same thing.
5) some sac outlets would be awesome for this deck!!
1 week ago
With Gaea's Cradle, you definitely need to run Crop Rotation. I organized your deck by converted mana cost and noticed you have quite a number of cards at 5 mana. 16 of them. But you don't have very much ramp to support it. Considering your commander cost 6, and his triggered ability costs 3, you really need to ramp hard in order to have the most successful turns. Plus, landing a big dragon on turn 4 is nothing to scoff at. You've got Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet, and Boros Signet are good in general. Thran Dynamo and Worn Powerstone are favorites of mine if you're okay with colorless mana. For a token deck, Cryptolith Rite works wonders. I would cut down on the number of 5 mana cards. Mogg Infestation can be detrimental. Juniper Order Ranger has little impact and doesn't have great impact as time goes on. Conqueror's Pledge is just slow for your deck.
2 weeks ago
griffstick for the Legion! You've been playing this deck longer than I've been playing Magic!
What I like: Arcbond, Knollspine Dragon, Pyrohemia, and Infiltration Lens (all remind me of my Neheb deck), Haktos the Unscarred, Firemane Avenger (one of the first cards I ever saw and the reason I like Boros so much).
Here's what I'm noticing. Sorry if this steps on any pet cards or the deck as a whole.
- Somewhat high curve. This would be fine if not for the...
- Lack of ramp (you have 8, arguably 10, but most are 3 cmc or more which I do not like).
- Lack of draw (you have 9, but most are conditional or one-of effects).
- Lack of protection (you have 1, your creatures will get boardwiped).
So with that, here's some cards to consider.
Ramp: focus on 2 cmc ramp. Why? It comes out before your important creatures. It helps Iroas hit turn 3 every game. It saves mana.
- Boros Signet
- Arcane Signet
- Fire Diamond
- Marble Diamond
- Coldsteel Heart
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Conviction
- Dockside Extortionist <- highly suggested
Draw: let's get some better draw in here.
- Ignite the Future great value and great rate
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goes along with attacking
- Tectonic Giant goes along with attacking
- Magus of the Wheel just solid
- Humble Defector political tool and pet card
- Tome of Legends repeatable draw, great for attacky decks
- Light Up the Stage not amazing but solid
Protection: Just some ways to not get blown out by a boardwipe.
I do not have time to suggest cuts. Mull these over and let me know if you want further explanation for anything.
2 weeks ago
Hey, what's the max budget you have to make upgrades?
It can be a long process to upgrade an entire precon. What the precon really lacks is ramp, tutors and cards for better interaction with Ghired. The manabase in the precon can be upgraded with better dual lands, but casually is actually fine the way it is. Draw sources is one thing that the precon has a lot of which is surprising.
This is a summary list of some budget cards ($5 or less each, most are less than $1) that I think would help your deck:
- Ramp: Avacyn's Pilgrim, Wild Growth and Elvish Mystic
- Ramp: Selesnya Signet, Gruul Signet and Boros Signet
- Tutors: Eladamri's Call, Idyllic Tutor, Fierce Empath and Sylvan Scrying
- Extra Combats: Aggravated Assault with Savage Ventmaw
- Haste: Hammer of Purphoros, Ogre Battledriver and Lightning Mauler
- Protection: Mother of Runes, Eldrazi Displacer and Boros Charm
- Utility: Temur Sabertooth, Eternal Witness, Reclamation Sage and Regal Force
- Removal: Swords to Plowshares, Cleansing Nova and Heliod's Intervention
- Land: Canopy Vista and/or Scattered Groves that way Farseek can search for a dual land that can make white mana.
- Land: Battlefield Forge, Sunpetal Grove, Rootbound Crag and Sheltered Thicket
The avg. CMC (converted mana cost) of the precon is high at 3.9. This 3.9 number means that consistently you're not able to cast a spell until you have four mana sources and/or four lands which is slow. Consider reducing this number? Getting it down to 3.0 and then even lower after that. To do this consider cutting many high mana cost cards and replacing them with low mana cost ramp? Reducing the avg. CMC will speed up game play.
The most obvious upgrades to start with are adding more low mana cost ramp and tutors, but other upgrades to consider is how to make Ghired better overall for the deck since he's the Commander General. Casually Ghired is about attacking since he powers your deck's strategy by populating which he does when he attacks. Because attacking is important then consider strategies that can improve combat/attacking? Haste, extra combats and double strike are strong strategies with attacking.
I would make the Rhino the focus of the token population because it's big creature (4/4 trample) and is easily accessible because of Ghired. Because Ghired creates the Rhino token I don't think you need to go over the top with lots of other creatures or cards that create tokens. However, if relying more on Ghired and the Rhino token then consider more repeatable protection for Ghired to keep him alive on the battlefield. Not having to do combat damage with Ghired to populate is nice.
Not having to do combat damage means you can protect Ghired in combat so he survives while still populating a token since he attacked. If you can repeatedly protect Ghired in combat then you can keep safely attacking with him. Ghired needs to attack to populate which means he has to survive combat to be able to attack again. Protection for Ghired in combat is another area for upgrades to consider because you want Ghired to be able to keep attacking.
Extra combats are good with Ghired because he wants to be attacking and extra combats means you get to attack again or multiple times on your turn. Aggravated Assault + Savage Ventmaw is infinite combats which is infinite attacks. As long as Ventmaw can attack it makes six mana. Five of that mana can be used with Assault for an extra combat. At the extra combat Ventmaw will attack again and make six mana; use that mana with Assault and repeat. Without Ventmaw Assault is still a very good card because it can be repeatable for five mana on your turn you get to attack twice which can be a lot of Rhinos.
I offer more advice, more explanations about each of these suggestions, more detailed steps you can take to improve your deck, cards you could cut, etc. Would you like more advice?
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Main thing I'm seeing is your ramp needs some TLC. As the previous poster stated... avoid mana rocks that cost + but only add 1 mana and drop Gilded Lotus. Lotus Petal, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet, Izzet Signet, Pentad Prism, Talisman of Conviction, Coalition Relic, Basalt Monolith, and Worn Powerstone are all better options. Also consider Generator Servant and Crystal Vein.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. It's not budget friendly as a whole but still plenty of budget options. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
3 weeks ago
Great idea, flash backs to Reflect Bounder and Magic Cylinder in Yugioh. XD
- 2x Sheltering Light for 2x Repercussion (must keep Gideon's Sacrifice for this)
- 1x Sheltering Light for 1x Samut's Sprint (Boost)
- 2x Stuffy Doll for 2x Chandra's Spitfire (Stuffy to pricy mana wise, Chandra is a good backup plan)
- 3x Blasphemous Act for 3x Searing Blaze (Better mana manageable)
- 1x Star of Extinction for 1x Samut's Sprint (Boost)
- 1x Gideon's Sacrifice for 1x Titan's Strength (Boost)
- 1x Justice Strike for 1x Titan's Strength (Boost)
- 1x Boros Signet for 1x Titan's Strength (Boost)
- 1x Boros Signet for 1x Samut's Sprint (Boost)
- 1x Boros Signet for 2x Boros Charm (Good utility in Charm)