|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Uncommon|
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Merfolk
: Untap another target permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ironax , Yawkcorb , TheGrayMerchant , killstars , , rikertchu , Regulus1010 , , Clawsun73 , gildan_bladeborn , bradyofportdetroit , MonoRedBomb.Com , frederiklw , Fiolek|
|Want (26)||Alsmartman , CoastWizard , oryandaw , ToshiChan , kvfd1719 , andreuswolf , Loading_Error , swarlelion , Goobfellow , mlouden03 , npschu104 , impropriety , BringerOfStorms , Clawsun73 , Nerubian , sleepy104 , Willshire610 , Betamind , Talistan , Moonling , Slatibartfast , Chaospowers , cainanunes , TehMagicPrimordial , Demonblade52402 , HehaGardenHoe|
Kiora's Follower Discussion
1 day ago
Favorite Shard: Grixis
Manipulative, cruel, powerful. Edicts, burn, bounce, counterspells, everything control can be found here, and with a handful of evasive, aggressive creatures to swoop in with once you've established control of the board, or you can play the slow-burn game with effects like Nekusar, the Mindrazer. Put your opponent(s) on a clock and deny them the ability to stop it. Plus their ability to run some of the meanest creatures in the form of things like Kederekt Creeper, Baleful Strix, Master of Cruelties, etc. So much fun to be had.
Favorite Wedge: Abzan
Relentless power. I love Abzan because of its resilience, strength, and versatility. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Abzan specific cards, but being able to run things like Animate Dead, Sun Titan, Brave the Sands, alongside gigantic green creatures like Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Ghoultree, Avatar of Might, etc is just incredible. The incredible suite of removal that B/W brings to the table in the form of Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Utter End, etc, combined with the might of Green creatures, further compounded by the volume of powerful reanimation effects these colors all have, builds a powerful, versatile deck that just never gives up. I've run Abzan decks that have had their most crucial cards hit with Slaughter Games type effects, and they still didn't stop, didn't slow down, and pulled out a win.
Favorite Allied Guild: Rakdos
Rakdos just knows how to throw a party. Every time I've built Rakdos I end up having fun, win or lose. Chaotic game-changers like Everlasting Torment, Havoc Festival, and Sire Of Insanity just bring a lot of shenanigans to the table that people just aren't prepared to deal with. Terminate is one of the kings of removal. Cards like Backlash, Delirium, and Rakdos Charm punish a variety of opposing playstyles. The individual colors also contribute a lot to your ability to handle creatures, and create even more chaos. Endless Whispers, Scrambleverse, you name it.
I cannot wait to get my hands on Last One Standing.
Favorite Enemy Guild: Simic
This one is simple, these two colors compliment each other so well it's insane. There is almost nothing that exists in this game that Simic cannot do. Green's weakness is its inability to manipulate the board much without combat. Blue's weakness is in its board presence and creatures. They are ideal together. Ramp, removal, aggro, counterspells, creature control, resilience. Simic has all its bases covered, and with just two colors. Mystic Snake, Trygon Predator, Kiora's Follower, Plasm Capture, Voidslime, Simic Charm, these cards are amazing, and that's without getting into the mono-color cards.
I'd also like to throw out some love for "Growth", the combination. The only pure Growth cards we have thus far are Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, and Witch-Maw Nephilim, but boy what cards they are. But the colors themselves are awesome together. G/U's flexibility, W/B's removal, much less other multicolor synergies, access to Abzan cards, Sultai cards, Esper cards. Obviously the mana base gets complicated fast, and it can be hard to handle, but if it works, it works.
5 days ago
I should have my final list up in a few days. I need to wait to see how many cards from the pre-con I am running. Currently I'm testing an infinite mana combo with Kiora's Follower, Voyaging Satyr and Freed from the Real with lands that have Fertile Ground type enchantments attached to them. I may even cut Omniscience because of its awkward casting cost and I don't have a Rector of my own.
And you're absolutely right that you need some protection against Merciless Eviction. I may run a Mana Drain or Counterspell to protect versus sweepers, but there isn't enough slots for a dedicated counter suite. I don't want to drop my enchantment level too low as currently I think I'm running like 40+ enchantments since the enchantresses are my primary way to draw in the deck.
Also I highly recommend Clever Impersonator.
6 days ago
Nice deck ! I found some unuasual tools (for a Kumena's deck) in it that I'm going to try :)
If you want to take a look at my several versions :
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 23 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 52 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 327 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
To answer your question, I've tried several things with Kumena and I found that Vanquisher's Banner is a must have. But indeed maybe not in your deck since you don't have that many merfolks. I included it in all of my Kumena decks - even the duel commander suppose to be a very fast format - because the +1/+1 is never a dead turn and the card advantage you'll get on it is a blast and allow you to rebuild in one single turn after a wrath when you play low CCM merfolks.
In addition, to me, Opposition, Intruder Alarm and Earthcraft are auto include too since it allows you to combo off. You use your creatures (even the one's with summon sickness) to detap your lands, to play creatures that will detap your creatures allowing you to detap your lands, draw on Kumena's ability to get more creatures or +1/+1 your board.
1 week ago
Hey dude :)
really nice deck !
You'll probably lack some removals and/or counterspells in order to be efficient : Counterspell, Mana Leak, Memory Lapse, Remand, Pongify, Rapid Hybridization and Song of the Dryads are very efficient ones and quiet affordable.
I tried some games with Lullmage Mentor and in a multiplayer format it is kinda useless unless you have 20+ counterspells :/. If there is already 7 merfolks on the board the wrath is comin' !
Your curve is kinda low (which is good) so you probably won't need that much ramp. You can probably cut 1 or 2 thing in Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Cultivate Kodama's Reach Sol Ring Song of Freyalise and instead add creatures that will help you hit your lands each turns such as Silvergill Adept, Jadelight Ranger, Wistful Selkie or Merfolk Branchwalker. Thada Adel, Acquisitor is extra to steal the signets/sol rings of your opponents early game and powerfull stuff in end games.
Surgespanner is a must have in your deck and combine with some untap shenaningans and enough manas you'll be abble to bounce the whole board. Empress Galina is a blast in multiplayer and some Vedalken Orrery or Leyline of Anticipation will help you maximize the value of such key creatures that need to pass one turn in order to be effective. Opposition is a must have in blue heavy creatures wide decks and when you have the tools to untap your creatures it's even better :)
I really like the draw on Vanquisher's Banner furthermore it has an impact the time it enters the battlefield which is really nice
Merrow Commerce is really nice in duel but not that good in a multiplayer format.
If you wanna take a look at my builds (they're made for duel so it's kinda different but maybe you'll find interesting stuff) :
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 46 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 318 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Have fun !
2 weeks ago
Here are some infinite mill combos Grinding Station Salvaging Station and any artifact with power 1 or less. sorry here is a infinite mana combo Sol Ring Kiora's Follower Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Intruder Alarm
2 weeks ago
So after doing a bit of research I've found that a lot of decks use the likes of Arbor Elf, Kiora's Follower or Voyaging Satyr to untap a land that has been enchanted with Fertile Ground, Sheltered Aerie, Trace of Abundance or Utopia Sprawl, they have the plus of being a turn faster than your 4 mana creature but have the drawback of needing 2 cards (at least there's a few so you are more likely to draw them). up to you how you choose to use this information
2 weeks ago
So Hungering Hydra is a real card that this deck really wants. So, to make room:
4 weeks ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!