|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Will shambling vents remain a creature?
- Manlands and reanimate spells?!
- How do freeze/icy effects (Crippling Chill) and temporary creatures (man-lands/man-artifacts) interact?
- Can man lands have +1/+1 counters and auras for creatures?
- The stack, lifegain, whenever you gain life, and creatures dying in combat.
Shambling Vent enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Shambling Vent becomes a 2/3 white and black Elemental creature with lifelink until end of turn. It's still a land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||CrimsonKing , tragic_slip , Prettyfun , ZombieFood , Venser_the_Sojoner , DrPopular , DudeMan1031 , TrackerD , prete182 , sirbar , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Sergal , MattN7498 , cklise , prass1 , Sparky41 , zachi , Snydog17 , thetechzombie , rebelteddybear , Tommuz , ibraJG84 , Caldazar , Wolfebladeelite , ericalt91 , Big-Foot , TheRealPeaches , TheAlmostHero , Riders_of_Brohan|
|Want (7)||mentor6 , KB2187 , DimSpirit , rakdos24 , brokendwarf , , TheRealPeaches|
Shambling Vent Discussion
1 day ago
Hi there! This looks like an awesome deck! I have just a few recommendations for you:
- Esper Charm is an amazing card, as you can leave up mana for counterspells, and if you don't counter anything, draw two cards.
- One of the main reasons to play Black in Modern is its access to discard spells, such as Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize. I'd add 5 discard spells, in some combination of the two.
- Mana Leak and Remand are two of the best counterspells in Modern, and I'd similarly add some combination of them adding up to 5.
- 4 Path to Exile is probably too many. I'd go down to 3.
- Similarly, I'd go down to 3 Cryptic Command, strong as it is.
- Torrential Gearhulk is generally just too slow for Modern, and I'd cut it. 6 mana is just way too much, even for a control deck. While it is a good finisher, you generally want finishers that are a little more versatile.
- Negate is generally worse than the counterspells above that I recommended.
- Painful Truths is generally worse than Esper Charm.
- Outside of a mill strategy, Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver doesn't really do enough. In an Esper control list, Celestial Colonnade is a better win-condition.
- Just looking at the mana breakdown, you probably need more Blue mana, and less White and Black mana. I'd cut 2 Shambling Vent for 2 Celestial Colonnade, and 1 Plains for 1 Island.
In any case, I hope this helps! Have fun with Esper!
1 day ago
I didn't even think of Shambling Vent so I'll have to buy some of them. (I knew I was missing a key land!)
I believe Bontu the Glorified in this deck is better than Athreos, God of Passage because she's an indestructible 4/6 swinging in with menace and like I said I'm trying for creature tokens rather than actual creatures so Athreos will have less to trigger off of. And as for Bontu being removed via Path, I've got nothing other than I'm running 3 of her.
Grafted Wargear is an amazing card I didn't even know of and I just have to find the spot for it.
2 days ago
Sorin, Solemn Visitor might be a better choice for a planeswalker
Shambling Vent useful land
Bloodsoaked Champion recursive creature, great to sac
Doomed Traveler also a good 1 drop. only gets better once he dies
Athreos, God of Passage might be better than bontu, path to exile just crushes bontu
Grafted Wargear also helpful to give you death triggers and make tokens way more useful
2 days ago
I am going to start by first saying massive props for trying 5-color, second off, you need to fix that mana base, it is better than some that I have seen, but Hissing Quagmire, Shambling Vent, and Wandering Fumarole are useless. The chance of you not only getting them out but then getting the two specific colors that you need to use them is beyond the scope of an actual modern game, and with burn, even if you do get them out, it will just mean that you lost a land. To replace it, use Scry lands, Fast Lands, Shock lands, Buddy Lands, Reveal lands, etc.
Now onto the deck. You have to focus on a single win condition, I see you want to use Tasigur, the Golden Fang, but if your goal is to try and make a 4/5 come out turn 2, and use creature beatdown, I would think mono-green ramp is much better, and I will list a little idea below:
What I actually think is that this is a deck that has no purpose, with weird cards like Yahenni's Expertise with the only mainboard 3-drops being Anger of the Gods, Lingering Souls, and Kolaghan's Command as the most efficient things you can pull out.
This deck at it's current state doesn't seem to work. It won't work. It is interesting, and nothing else from what I have seen.
3 days ago
Nobody goes all Thoughtseize no Inquisition. Inquisition already hits 90% of threats. Do you think it's worth the 2 life (I understand it works well with Unlife)?
Fetchland mana bases rarely play more than 2 of any shockland. You never need to fetch more than 2, so why not play something with more upside, like Fetid Heath, Shambling Vent, or Concealed Courtyard?
3 days ago
You pointed me to this deck, so don't get mad...
Drop the Snow-Covered Lands, you don't have to be so fancy, if you want to, then go Foil Fullarts xD
Go with another Beseech the Queen, no 3 of's for your only tutor
To be fair, this is a really cool toolbox combo deck!
1 week ago
I don't necessarily play competitive modern these since it is all about Grixis Death Shadow and whatnot. The interesting part about Death's Shadow is that it dies to a lot of removal, so it is not essentially overpowered. I have ran into it a couple of time, but had no problems beating it.
Back on topic, I get playing with equipments isn't the best strategy - especially with Kolaghan's Command around - but it is still a fun strategy to tamper with. Also, I will add Sword of Light and Shadow and Anguished Unmaking (forgot that card existed).
In regards to add more Concealed Courtyards and Shambling Vents, this deck is too grindy for any more. I took it into consideration during playtesting, and felt with all these double black and white spells, 1/1 split was my best opinion. Mistveil Plains might get taken out, but it has did its fair share.
1 week ago
In modern, you might want Sword of Light and Shadow instead of Sword of Feast and Famine. Life totals matter more in modern and protection from path to exile is relevant. Although with the number of Kolaghan's Commands running around, equipments might not be the best idea.
This deck is sweet though. I love it.