|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Fires of Yavimaya
Creatures you control have haste.
Sacrifice Fires of Yavimaya: Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Tiddilywinkus , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , aeonstoremyliver , TheRealPeaches , ironax , Xunfor6iv3nX , bakeraj4|
Fires of Yavimaya Discussion
1 day ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
1 week ago
Wurmcoil is always a nice include, and i agree on Kessig replacing the Sanitarium, as you don't profit much off looting, whereas many other decks (U/B or Grixis or others) profit much, much more.
Bow of Nylea strikes me as pretty useless, as your fatties will probably kill oposing enemies anyways and the 4 abilities are all quite useless. I would rather invest in a haste enchantment such as Hammer of Purphoros or Fires of Yavimaya, since you can throw a ton of creatures in the field in 1 turn, and its nice if they can swing right off the bat.
In the lands department, i would consider Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, as zacama with double strike is pretty nasty, and if you add in Slayers' Stronghold and if you activate both is a one shot kill :)
1 week ago
I hear you. Sprout Swarm is nice because you can go off at an opponent's end step and attack on your turn, or play Fires of Yavimaya. Because Sprout Swarm is an instant with buyback, it's pretty flexible and helps rebuild quickly.
1 week ago
Hi friend! Good look so far! Some thoughts:
Open the Armory will find you an Aura you need.
Finally, Sun Titan hits 60% of your deck.
Cut suggestions: Divine Reckoning, Blessing of the Nephilim? That's all I got lol
Good luck! Can't wait to play against it!
1 week ago
Ya I figured it was a flavor ramp card and I'm all for flavorful decks buuuut, to be honest it's just a really bad card.
You can cut Cathars Crusade - You're not really making enough tokens to abuse it, and your creatures are already big.
Strider Harness can go - Its slow and doesn't really do anything special, plus you already have Greaves and Boots. If you want another haste effect go with Fires of Yavimaya.
One of the rocks can go, especially if you're fetching up duels like Cinder Glade and Scattered Groves.(I just prefer land ramp over rocks when in Green)
Also you could cut one land if you do add more ramp.
That's just taking a quick look, there are other cards I would cut that you have in there for flavor, but they're on theme and not that bad at all(except Migration) so don't mess with it if you don't want to.
3 weeks ago
I am happy to see so many Dino decks taking off - cool list.
Have you tested with some of these cards? They might be fun to try for card draw, cheating big creatures into play, and protecting them.
- Defense of the Heart
- Elemental Bond
- Fires of Yavimaya
- Frontier Siege
- Garruk, Caller of Beasts
- Genesis Wave
- Kindred Summons
- Mana Echoes
- Shamanic Revelation
- Sneak Attack
- Steely Resolve
- Sunbird's Invocation
- Tooth and Nail
- Wild Pair
3 weeks ago
Just 3? I'd suggest
- Pathbreaker Ibex.
- Scourge of the Throne (or Aurelia, the Warleader or any other recurring additional combat phase effect).
If I may suggest anything more, maybe Elemental Bond, Fires of Yavimaya, and cards like Comeuppance, Fight to the Death, Settle the Wreckage, and Teferi's Protection that encourage opponents to overextend without wiping your creatures. High Ground and Reconnaissance might be useful for that, too.
Might Garruk, Caller of Beasts, work better here than Wildpseaker?
Have fun playing!
3 weeks ago
IMO a token strategy wouldn't make the most out of all the mana Zacama nets you. Craterhoof would just be a nice finisher in case you get to draw you're whole deck with some Sabertooth blinks.
But as it stands Kozilek, Butcher of Truth is the one way I see you can do that and for that mini-combo alone, Fires of Yavimaya (or even Concordant Crossroads and Mass Hysteria) seems like a better option since the point is just play out your whole deck, and haste is a more reliable win con than hoofs +X/+X, since it will depend on you having a few creatures able to attack already.
Something granting haste works better on its own on your deck in most situations.
Anyway, Rampaging Baloths seems like another amazing option with all the ramp, it's actually on a similar power level here with an haste enabler as it is on Omnath with the added advantage of getting the elementals. Archangel of Thune, seems amazing as well as a way to weaponize all the life gain you get from Zacama with all the extra mana.