|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
The next time a source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage. If damage is prevented this way, Deflecting Palm deals that much damage to that source's controller.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||bradyofportdetroit , YossarianLives , Bovine073 , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , TehDelta , Regulus1010 , Riders_of_Brohan , Venser_the_Sojoner , thetechzombie , Unlife , ironax , JAT0 , bakunet , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , Va1mar , sneferie , gildan_bladeborn , Sparky41 , Skydra2 , Myllyes314 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Hakira , jstn.mrrtt , mymanpotsandpans , mziter501 , MattN7498 , Kiortio , , dizzierabit|
|Want (2)||xpsychovampx , darthnuchi|
Deflecting Palm Discussion
4 days ago
Suns_Champion, ya I got a lot of those in, but you did point out a couple I missed. Comeuppance seems sweet, as effectively a wrath for one opponent, and fetchable with Sunforger (which I had been considering, but left out bc I didn't know if I had enough cards to get with it. I'm adding it after I add Comeuppance and maybe some of those Fogs). I already had Selfless Squire, Worship, and Rakdos Charm. Not a huge fan of Deflecting Palm here, as in my meta the only time it'll do a ton of damage is after a Craterhoof Behemoth resolves or something similar. Wrath of Goad seems at the very least a lot of fun. And a tad more damage prevention would probably be smart, so Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or something similar should be in here (Is Protection of the Hekma is probably too little for too much mana. Maybe Ajani Steadfast for the ult? His other abilities might be a good wincon, either by slowly getting in with Marchesa or pumping up a ton of tokens).
DrukenReaps: Gonna read through your deck as soon as I post this. I know Aikido is a much better version of what I'm trying to do here, but my playgroup always tries to kill me first, so politics isn't my strong point.
cdkime: As I said above, thanks so much for suggesting Near-Death Experience! Didn't even think about that. I'll test Soul Link and the others, since as I said above I do need a little more damage prevention so I don't just force people to kill me. On that note, the Fogs might make their way in, starting with Batwing Brume and Pollen Lullaby. Darkness and Holy Day will really only be considered if I go with the Paradox Engine idea, but I'll have to make sure I have enough instants w/ CMC 2 or 1 for Isochron Scepter, and enough cards that will make Paradox Engine useful elsewhere. Or maybe I just add a lot more tutors.
Thanks everyone for so much support on this deck so far!
4 days ago
How to make your opponents suffer: Comeuppance, Deflecting Palm, Selfless Squire, Rakdos Charm, Batwing Brume, maybe Delirium and Backlash. Consider making these a base for a Sunforger package. Settle the Wreckage is a really good one for Sunforger!
Looks like a good start! Long live the Queen!
6 days ago
i'm guessing you play standard since you mentioned Forerunner of the Empire, but if you play any modern, hexproof and protection are good things to know how to get around. for example, you can play a Deflecting Palm against an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, because Deflecting Palm does not target.
1 week ago
Love this. At one point in time I'd wanted to make a Karona deck that would "give people things to fight other people with". You also play two cards I'm quite fond of, Deflecting Palm and Neverending Torment, in addition to a few more. How does it play out generally? I'm quite interested.
1 week ago
So I have some questions about these, and/or I think you should cut them:
- Gaddock Teeg: 75% of your creatures are 4 or above cmc that seems contradictive.
- Dusk//Dawn: Again your creatures are pretty high CMC Dawn does nothing for you, and Dusk kills most of YOUR creatures. I suggest Austere Command as a much better alternative.
- Sword Of Kaldra: Just why? You aren't building tron, and you have none of the other Kaldra equipment.
- Birthing Pod: You have to build specifically around birthing pod to make it effective, and your CMC curve on creatures is anything but; in this deck it just feels like a waste of a slot.
- Furnace Of Wrath: It can hurt you WAY too much, it's too risky personally.
- Assemble The Legion: again I dont' get it, you aren't really a token deck. For this to be effective you'd need Parallel Live, Annointed Procession, and Primal Vigor to maximize the potential.
- Vicious Shadows: This is just a bad Stalking Vengeance so why not just play it?
- Fight to the death: I just don't see this as a good card at all, I'd prefer to see a Deflecting Palm here, same cost just a better card.
- Grazing Gladehart: Lifegain isn't in your gameplan especially with Sulfuric Vortex in the deck
You should consider adding:
- Warstorm Surge: it's a great source of damage and just does more the later the game goes with Marath getting bigger on each cast.
- Vigor: is phenomenal in this deck or any other really.
- Angrath's Marauders: great alternative to Furnace
- Path of Discovery: It's card advantage, ramp, and counters all in one.
- Rishkar's Expertise: huge draw spell and most likely a free spell, pays for itself.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar: All about the +1/+1 counter bro!
- Craterhoof Behemoth: it's just an alternate win con.
- Forgotten Ancient: Great to transfer off counters to Marath AND becomes MASSIVE late game.
- Lurking Predators: this card is massive and honestly just ends games.
1 week ago
SCORE: 3 | 719 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
There's quite a few things that I still need, like Deflecting Palm and Atarka's Command and sideboard is as important as the maindeck so I'd just suggest you keep track of that as well.
I'd recommend Thunderous Wrath, and Spark Elemental and maybe even Hellspark Elemental for your mono-red build that you can transform later. I still just recommend Thunderous Wrath as a one of, it's amazing as long as it's not in your opening hand or the first draw while you have no lands.
2 weeks ago
Everything other than the mana is fine. I'd run 9 fetches(many lists run up to 12), 4 vantages, 2 foundry, 5 mountains. You won't need 16 fetchable/mana producing lands as you're aiming to win by turn 4 or 5. Plus, although it is exceptionally minor you do thin out your deck a little more with more fetches for consistency. This also allows you to run Grim Lavamancer in the sideboard since you won't just be putting spells in the graveyard. The lands in the yard can mean a lot. For side, I'd run some Path to Exile, some Deflecting Palm, Kor Firewalker and Rest in Peace. You could add one Stomping Ground maindeck so you have access to Destructive Revelry for pesky cards... I'm talking to you Leyline of Sanctity....