|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cleric
You may play land cards from your graveyard.
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Ramunap Excavator Discussion
20 hours ago
Hey, interesting version of Omnath, I really like the deck name :)
Budget cards ($5 or less each) that I think can help your deck to consider adding:
- Cinder Glade : dual land to tutor for with Farseek, Lore, Claim, Spoils, etc.
- Sheltered Thicket : same as Glade.
- Stomping Ground : same as Glade, only nonbudget card I'm suggesting.
- Jund Panorama : budget fetch land.
- Naya Panorama
- Horn of Greed : draw cards when lands ETB.
- Elemental Bond : draw cards when Beasts or Elementals are created, etc.
- Greater Good : sac Elementals to draw and do damage to opponents.
- Sol Ring : one of the best cards in Commander helps to ramp into Omnath.
- Fierce Empath : budget tutor for Avenger, Rampaging, Liege, etc.
- Signal the Clans : same as Empath, but an instant.
- Nissa, Vital Force : repeatable effects for lands; makes a land an attacker with haste, recur a land or any other permanent card, fast ultimate draw when lands ETB.
- Ramunap Excavator : play lands from your graveyard good with Wilds, Expanse, Panoramas, etc.
- Lotus Cobra : good mana ramp with all the land ramp spells.
- Llanowar Scout : play a land from your hand.
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn : budget more play additional lands per turn.
- Courser of Kruphix : play lands from the top of your library.
- Nature's Lore : tutor for a dual land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Rampant Growth
- Circuitous Route : another Explosive Vegetation .
- Beast Within : permanent removal.
- Chaos Warp
Cards to consider cutting:
- Scourge of Geier Reach
- Taurean Mauler
- Tyrant of Discord
- Elfhame Sanctuary
- Gruul War Chant
- Argentum Armor
- Lay of the Land
- Sprouting Vines
- Map the Wastes
- Untamed Wilds
- Natural Connection
- Retreat to Kazandu
- One with Nature
- Seer's Sundial
Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
Hmmm xander11, you can probably consider going for a more land based build with dredging than. Life from the Loam is a strong engine along with Ramunap Excavator , Oracle of Mul Daya , Azusa, Lost but Seeking , Wayward Swordtooth , and Exploration . Against the faster aggro decks as well, Spore Frog is a lit card. If you do move towards the land type build than you can also consider the synergy between Constant Mists and Ramunap Excavator as the lands you sac'ed for the buyback cost will pay itself and any additional land plays you have will net you value. However moving towards this direction does make the deck a bit more slower, but you will definitely outvalue them in midgame and lategame.
Jarad is also pretty greedy with mana so making it more resilient seems key, you already have teched in all the great low drop removal spells that matter. So it is up to you how you want to define the deck. Let me know what you think.
4 days ago
Hey, sometimes it's not good to have so many ideas because then you feel you have to put them all into one deck, which is not necessary :)
Budget cards ($1 or less each) to consider adding:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ghost Quarter
- Bojuka Bog
- Golgari Grave-Troll
- Golgari Thug
- Buried Alive
- Satyr Wayfinder
- Stitcher's Supplier
- Coiling Oracle
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Mind Stone
- Farhaven Elf
- Phyrexian Delver
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Body Double
- Dread Return
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider:
- Ash Barrens
- Eternal Witness
- Fauna Shaman
- Protean Hulk
- Ramunap Excavator
- Animate Dead
- Pernicious Deed
Opponent mill is not worth it in multiplayer Commander; it's too slow, not reliable enough unless infinite combo with Altar of the Brood or Altar of Dementia . Self-mill however is good especially with dredge. Consider Grave-Troll and Thug? These along with Stinkweed who you're already playing give a lot of budget repeatable self-mill. Buried is a powerful budget spell especially with these dredge creatures since you can tutor for and put all three into your graveyard with one card.
If you're willing to add a few other cards that are over $1 then consider adding Eternal Witness , Fauna Shaman and Protean Hulk ? These three are powerful and do different effects that are good with Muldrotha. Witness can recur any card from your graveyard. Fauna is a repeatable creature tutor while also an enabler to get creatures such as dredge creatures into your graveyard. Hulk has budget combo potential.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Golgari Guildgate
- Thornwood Falls
- Jwar Isle Refuge
- Ambush Viper
- Fleet Swallower
- Scribe of the Mindful
- Dreamborn Muse
- Manic Scribe
- Chronic Flooding
- Mirror-Mad Phantasm
- Necrotic Ooze
- Mind Grind
- Tolarian Winds
- Villainous Wealth
- Bloodchief Ascension
6 days ago
Hi iatetoomxch i really like your list. I play a similar list. So i will give you some recommendions. Because of your direct impact preference:
- Aura of Silence - hate and destroy one ^^
- Wood Elves - really good with the recursion possibilitys
- Plaguecrafter - best. Only creature Answer for planeswalker
- Ravenous Chupacabra - destroy target creature (an opponent controls)
- Ramunap Excavator - i play this card with - Azusa, Lost but Seeking and Oracle of Mul Daya and Yavimaya Elder to ramp lands or Wasteland or Horizon Canopy
- Grand Abolisher - make your turn save
- Grasp of Fate - sometimes you want more than one thing away
- Massacre Wurm - shave live
- Bane of Progress - destroy all enchantment and artifact
good but not direct impact:
- Underrealm Lich i like him... sure to mana expensive for your meta
- Bounty Agent - idk new try to kill commander i think
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - soft lock for life
- Mesmeric Orb really good fill for the graveyard and annoys the other ^^
- Caustic Caterpillar
- Bloom Tender
- Helm of Obedience - against my deck all who can play Rest in Peace so this is the answer...
1 week ago
At first glance I think you’d be fine cutting any of these, mostly because their various effects are all already represented by other, better cards in the deck.
Haven’t had enough time to fully digest this list yet as I’m at work right now, so I’ll take another look when I get home tonight and see if I can’t find anything else I think you could pull out.
1 week ago
triproberts12 Thanks! These are all cards that I've tried out which shows that we're own a similar page!
Exploration is excellent, but I don't own a copy and it is expensive.
Verdant Confluence I found a little expensive and that I didn't need the recursion it offers.
Pir's Whim I found good, but I haven't played it in a game yet so I'm finding it difficult to tell whether it's worth it and what to cut. I agree it's underplayed!
I didn't find the panorama's very good! The point you make about being able to have them on the field before getting Omnath, Locus of Rage to the battle field is a good one, so I might need to test them out again, but the no cost of Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds is incredible in combo with Ramunap Excavator and Crucible of Worlds , especially with Exploration type effects.
Field of Ruin actually ramps everyone else which I didn't get when I read the card, and I don't think I need anymore land destruction as Strip Mine has done the job for me, but I will consider it if I think I need more in future.
Explosive Vegetation I think actually has a home here, and is hence an exception to the article! He mentions that it shouldn't be in the other Omnath though! The two landfall triggers are much better than the one of a Rampant Growth .
Cheers! Appreciate the help!
P.S. Roil Elemental is blue unfortunately! Haha one of those days eh?!
1 week ago
--Planeswalker: Nissa, Vital Force
Remove from deck:
Primeval Titan and Sylvan Primordial (both are edh illegal, I'll vote useable, but I'd double check with the group), Assassin's Trophy (nvr help your enemy), Solemn Simulacrum (this card's effects are too slow to be worth 4 mana imo), Moonlight Bargain , Hunting Wilds ,
1 week ago
Kamerot In games when you draw Constant Mists but don't get Ramunap Excavator do you still feel like you can use it effectively without it being too detrimental to your game plan? In other words how many times would you suggest playing it with its buyback price before it starts hurting your mana sources.
Ramunap Excavator occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
G/U (Simic): 0.16%
RG (Gruul): 0.66%
BRG (Jund): 0.47%
BUG (Sultai): 0.38%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 0.14%
All decks: 0.13%
All decks: 0.06%