Creature — Beast
Whenever another creature with power 3 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Garruk's Packleader Discussion
13 hours ago
Besides flavor, Bow of Nylea ought to be included for the slew of effects it gives you. Blocking is now very undesirable for opponents, plus it shoots down smaller flying creature, and shuffles cards from your graveyard back into your library. Utility is everything in EDH.
Rishkar's Expertise is an insane EDH card that should be acquired while the price is still low. Draws you a crapton of cards, then you can play something from your hand with mana cost 5 or less, which potentially includes a card you just drew into.
Hydra Omnivore is a stellar card for when you're facing off multiple opponents; bully the player with the weakest board state to ensure everyone else will be clocking in 8 damage every swing.
Garruk's Packleader is a great way to keep your engine running, by maximizing off the creatures you're playing and drawing you into more big creatures.
Where's Acidic Slime? One of the best green cards in EDH for sure. Deathtouch + artifact/enchantment/LAND removal? Sign me up!
Genesis Hydra is a great two-for-one, lets you play something huge off the top of your deck when you've ramped enough, and sticks around as a pretty big creature.
Zendikar Resurgent is excellent for lategame gas, plus it makes your X-spell Hydras more insane.
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 week ago
MLD is great for aggro because it basically puts everybody else on pause while you attack them to death. Basically every deck that aims to win though combat damage should have it IMO.
That being said, why no Boom/Bust or Winter Orb? I don't really see what Wildfire or Destructive Force have going for them other than clearing out blockers, and in a creature based deck that usually means clearing out half of your own board too.
As for draw, I don't know PartyJ recommended cutting Regal Force and Shamanic Revelation. Those two, along with Collective Unconscious, are some of green's best tools for picking up large chunks of your deck. This deck isn't tokens though, so I'm not sure how much gas you were getting out of these. If you were drawing less than 6 cards on average than they're not worth it and you should go with power based draw. Rishkar's Expertise is a beautiful card, but there's also Soul's Majesty, Life's Legacy, and Momentous Fall. Also Abzan Beastmaster, Elemental Bond, and Garruk's Packleader are oft-overlooked gems for creature based decks.
1 week ago
If you're at all into , Omnath, Locus of Rage can be built well for cheap. Many of the staples hover around $2.00 (Cultivate, Skyshroud Claim, et al.), but most are less than $1.00 (Goblin Bombardment, Where Ancients Tread, Stalking Vengeance, Elemental Bond, Garruk's Packleader).
2 weeks ago
I'd missed the token interaction. I'd typically prefer the deathtoucher, but cheating out a big thing early is definitely good. As for a big thing to cheat out, Zendikar Resurgent can act as somewhat of a wincon, in the same vane as Elemental Bond. It's advantage is of course the mana doubling, which is even better if you can get it out a few turns early and not have to worry about mana later. The problem with both is that the card draw is required, which could result in having to play out (and lose) games where you assemble the combo. Garruk's Packleader has the advantage that the draw is optional, so your mana isn't limited to the cards in your deck. It's big drawback is being a higher cost than Elemental Bond for the same effect, and being easier to kill.
2 weeks ago
Hope they continue to enjoy Magic!
EDH can be a little intense at first, because so many different cards come at you all at once.
2 weeks ago
Keeping it under $15 should be really interesting, You should be fine with creatures but spells might cost you more.. I'm curious as to how functional it will become.
Here are a couple suggestions off the top of my head that should fit:
Naturalize, Naya Charm, Keeper of Progenitus, Terastodon, Fires of Yavimaya, Swiftfoot Boots, Drumhunter, Knotvine Mystic, Hull Breach, Garruk's Packleader, Gruul Ragebeast, Garruk's Companion, Behemoth Sledge, Hunted Dragon, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Dauntless Escort, Paleoloth, Baloth Woodcrasher, Destructive Revelry, Stalking Vengeance.
1 month ago
Garruk's Packleader is an option
Regal Force is an option and probably better due to your hornet queen