Return target creature card from you graveyard to your hand. If you control an artifact, draw a card.
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Resourceful Return Discussion
3 months ago
Alright, let's see if maybe this will help. I'm really new to everything on here sorry. //Lands 2 Dismal Backwater 1 Dimir Guildgate 2 Submerged Boneyard 4 Evolving Wilds 2 Desert of the Mindful 1 Arcane Lighthouse 1 Reliquary Tower 1 Temple of the False God
//Spells 4 Duress 2 Ghoulcaller's Chant 3 Macabre Waltz 3 Sleep 4 Slip Through Space 2 Taigam's Scheming 4 Tome Scour 4 Lich's Caress 4 Sovereign's Bite 4 Resourceful Return 3 March of the Returned 1 In Garruk's Wake 1 Army of the Damned 1 Dutiful Return 1 Decompose 1 Worst Fears 1 Rise of the Dark Realms 4 Hubris 4 Countermand 1 Tezzeret's Touch 1 Paranoid Delusions 1 Coerced Confession 2 Mind Sculpt 1 Compelling Argument 1 Index 1 Redirect 1 Dream Twist 2 Gift of Tusks 2 Rewind 3 Thought Scour 2 Psychic Spiral 1 Gigadrowse 4 Negate 1 Overwhelming Denial 1 Dramatic Reversal 1 Impulse 2 Cremate 3 Crypt Incursion 2 Grim Harvest 1 Scarab Feast 1 Grim Return 1 Gravepurge 1 Dark Ritual 4 Font of Return 3 Death's Approach 2 Cast into Darkness 1 Triskaidekaphobia 1 Grave Betrayal 1 Endless Ranks of the Dead 3 Invisibility 2 Curiosity 4 Curse of the Bloody Tome 3 Illusory Wrappings 3 Ice Over 1 Chronic Flooding 1 Navigator's Ruin 1 Chant of the Skifsang 3 Bone Saw 3 Millstone 3 Tormod's Crypt 2 Trepanation Blade 1 Ghoulcaller's Bell 1 Masterwork of Ingenuity 1 Sol Ring 1 Nihil Spellbomb 1 Illusionist's Bracers 1 Codex Shredder 1 Profane Memento 1 Loxodon Warhammer 1 Bonehoard 1 Trusty Machete 1 Mirari 1 Argentum Armor
//Creatures 1 Archetype of Finality 1 Overeager Apprentice 1 Agent of Erebos 1 Butcher Ghoul 1 Risen Executioner 1 Dutiful Attendant 1 Sly Requisitioner 1 Sepulchral Primordial 2 Zombie Assassin 1 Nightmare 1 Marshmist Titan 3 Graven Abomination 4 Workshop Assistant 4 Guardians of Meletis 2 Phyrexian Revoker 2 Ornithopter 1 Juggernaut 2 Veilborn Ghoul 2 Minotaur Abomination 4 Undead Servant 3 Gravedigger 2 Mogis's Marauder 2 Bogstomper 4 Walking Corpse 3 Corpse Hauler 4 Gravewaker 2 Returned Phalanx 3 Faerie Miscreant 1 Master of Predicaments 2 Benthic Giant 1 Stormtide Leviathan 4 Screeching Skaab 2 Seer of the Last Tomorrow 1 Floating-Dream Zubera 3 Fog Bank 1 Possessed Skaab 3 Armored Skaab 2 Murmuring Phantasm 1 Wall of Frost 4 Doorkeeper 1 Clever Impersonator 1 Jace's Mindseeker 1 Oculus 1 Mindshrieker 1 Willbreaker 1 Spellweaver Eternal 1 Wall of Mist 1 Sultai Skullkeeper 1 Diregraf Captain
1 year ago
Really not a fan of Resourceful Return when you have this few artifacts.
I also think you should cut a bit down an the sheer volume of your lategame combo. With this many pieces it could easily end up clogging up your game-plan early on, leading to a loss before you get properly set up.
1 year ago
2 years ago
FlipNissa, Steward of ElementsFate ForetoldHoofprints of the StagIrresistible PreyJushi ApprenticeKarametra
s favorLifespark SpellbombOrigin SpellbombTrackers instinctsProphet of DistortionResourceful ReturnRiver HoopoeScarscale RitualScout
s warningSmugglers copterVerdant RebirthWharf InfiltratorZameck Guildmage
2 years ago
Cards I'd consider adding:
- Xenic Poltergeist - Ok, this is so good for this deck. Hear me out. The artifact becomes a creature until your next turn. So it'll be an artifact on your opponent's upkeep which is when they conveniently have to sacrifice a creature. Super useful if you've already wiped their board but there's some problematic artifacts floating around, which in EDH, there always are.
- Mortuary Mire - useful for when Sheoldred isn't out or to retrieve an extra creature
- Draw power! Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Night's Whisper, Cremate, Harvester of Souls, Resourceful Return.
- Vona's Hunger - helps get around indestructible or hexproof
- Black Market - for even more mana
- Scour from Existence - more non-creature removal, something black struggles with
- Solemn Simulacrum - really good ramp, especially when you have as much recursion as you do
- Kokusho, the Evening Star - another good target for killing and recurring and killing again.
- Hell's Caretaker - I'm not quite sure how the abilities/triggers stack, but I'm pretty sure you could sac something to this to bring something back and then bring back the sacrificed creature with Sheoldred all in the same upkeep.
Cards I'd remove:
- Annihilate - for 5 mana, yeah it can't be regenerated and yeah you get to draw a card, but gosh that's expensive. Is regeneration enough of a problem in your meta that Doom Blade doesn't suffice?
- Commander's Sphere - sure it draws a card but a mono-colored deck doesn't really need 'mana of any color'. There's surely other rocks that are better. Hedron Archive comes to mind.
- Leyline of the Void - seems extremely counterproductive to what your deck and your commander want to do
3 years ago
Jaruun Yes I ran 3 Authority of the Consuls A few of the issues that came up. Was when their creatures either had double strike or they just exiled my enchantments/artifacts as I put them out. I often found myself needing to block with my creatures just to survive till turn 6, while hoping for a Dusk. The creatures I found to be most useful were Kalastria Healer and Cliffhaven Vampire. I think a better drain option is to switch out Ondu War Cleric and Zulaport Cutthroat for something like Chaplain's Blessing, Dazzling Reflection, Expedition Envoy or Battle at the Bridge. I will trade out Live Fast for Resourceful Return or Renewed Faith.
What I might try and go for is getting 1-2 Cliffhaven Vampire out then using instant spells to trigger drain. I know Live Fast was a way to get energy for Aether Hub but I added a couple Evolving Wilds to get plains if I need them. I also added two Sunscorched Desert.
3 years ago
Here are some sideboard ideas from Kaladesh and Aether Revolt in no particular order.
3 years ago
i know this has already been mentioned before, but if you can swing it, you should really consider adding (AT LEAST) the following cards:
though i like Voldaren Pariah
Flip for flavor, i'm not really convinced that it's worth it. she's a 3/3 for that requires sacrificing THREE creatures to do anything even halfway decent...maybe you can squeeze her in as a one-of? as an alternative win-con? iunno
in terms of which cards to remove, i would prob do:
Nightmare isn't synergistic enough for including ANY really, let alone x4; Vampire Noble = just plain awful; Stromkirk Mentor is OKAY, but Kalitas is MUCH better; Resourceful Return is meh, especially with only 2x artifacts in the entire deck;
& maybe the hardest cut overall, Carrier Thrall--i understand the synergy with Indulgent Aristocrat, i do, but your curve is wayyyyyyyyy maxed on in the 2-drop, so you really need to cut something clogging up that spot. for creatures to sacrifice in-game, you'd still have:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$i know my suggestions might break the bank a bit, but Amonkhet coming out soon, prices on a lot of cards are dropping pretty significantly. Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet & Drana, Liberator of Malakir are still pretty expensive (around $50 for all five), BUT yahenni is only 1$, visitor is only $.60, & grasp/transgress fluctuate between $1 to $2.
SORRY FOR THE NOVEL / HOPE THIS HELPS !!