|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||abby315 , pskinn01 , switchkill65 , LoneCrusader399 , Nemesis , Falte , TheBl0b , ibraJG84 , MattN7498|
Akroma's Vengeance Discussion
2 days ago
1 week ago
I run a similar list including anya in the 99 but with tajic at the helm.
Due to her indestructible nature and access to stuff like Boros Charm Frontline Medic Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Iroas, God of Victory, i would recommend running powerful spells that indestructible creatures like anya, see my list for reference, but a ton of spells exist that anya survives but everything else wont
Also, your lack of tutors is disturbing :/
As far as artifact theme, you're missing a few key cards
Without this, a single Vandalblast neuters your game plan
not just flavor, this card allows you to run a "toolbox" of 1-4 cmc instants, some i run in tajic are
Creatures constantly being destroyed? Fear not. Leave 4 mana open and anya and friends will NEVER die, it also abuses etb effects like Godo, Bandit Warlord
1 week ago
1,2)I fixed the mana base a bit wasn't able to choose which two cards to take out to add lands.
3) I plan on keeping Akroma's Vengeance for just that reason, I wanna keep it for in case of emergency also to just wipe the whole board under the right circumstances, for the lolz.
2 weeks ago
As far as cuts go I think you can turn the transmute cards into something else, especially if you are adding additional unconditional tutors. Anything that can't cycle has to be very special to be included, although I'm also not exactly sure how many cycling cards you need for the cycling combo thing to work in general. It's possible that card draw spells are mostly unnecessary with all the cycling and tutoring already going on...although you do need 7 in hand for New Perspectives to work...hard to say without testing the deck personally. I do like Treasure Cruise though since it will basically always only cost .
Some more random ideas... maybe turn Akroma's Vengeance into Wrath of God or Supreme Verdict so it doesn't kill your New Perspectives and Fluctuator. Grasp of Fate and Detention Sphere are both upgrades on Oblivion Ring too. Possessed Skaab and Restoration Gearsmith could be a great blink targets to recur cards with Astral Slide too. And Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo are pretty much the best ramp spells you can get in Esper, can't have too much mana. Good luck friend :)
3 weeks ago
Here are some things that I would fix.
1) Get the land up to 37. That's a must in every commander deck.
2) I would try to find more things that don't just shuffle your graveyard into your library, but instead puts things from your yard into you hand in multiples. For example, Seasons Past could return multiple curses to your hand either after you eliminate someone or someone does a board wipe for enchantments. Shuffling so you can draw is fine, but to the hand is much better.
3) Please replace Akroma's Vengeance with something else. Your deck is all about enchantments, you probably want them to stay on the board, yes? And whereas Enchanted Evening is neat, and casting Akroma's Vengeance with it in play seems like a way to make everyone laugh and then cry, I'm not sure resetting the game is what your deck really wants. And if you're trying to build around that with Avacyn, I don't think it's a throw in combo to this deck- it's probably more of a build around.
4) I still think you have a number of cards in here that don't help your deck (like Dega Sanctuary but since you're already short 10 land there's no need to suggest replacements that aren't... well, land.
I'd work on this and then go from there.
1 month ago
Themes Blue/White Good Stuff UWgud Stax Your things cost less, theirs cost more. ETB Mill Pillowfort
Cards to cut or just don't do enough Slow Motion, Stormscape Familiar, Select for Inspection (too Specific), Etherium Sculptor (Not justifiable), Mindshrieker, Burnished Hart (Look, we all love this stupid Elk, but he sits at a slot where you need to have around that much mana up for counter spells. You really only want to be spending that type of mana to reduce your costs or increase opponents costs or stop them from attacking you. Else, counterspells. Two mana ramp is what you are looking for, ideally, not six spread over two turns), Jace's Archivist(I like this card a lot, and I think it's great with things like Thousand-Year Elixir, but realistically you want to be sculpting the perfect control hand all game rather than tossing it away.), Rhystic Study(Great card, but not $8 great. Mostly priced based on popularity. Budget choice for you, you don't need it). Temple Bell (Fun card, but too beneficial for your opponents. Don't spend mana to speed other's race, that's the opposite goal of the deck.), Cataclysm (I don't see why you have this other than as a combo with As Foretold.), Entrapment Maneuver, Hindering Touch, Leave in the Dust, Sleep(Only beneficial against creature decks), Psychic Spiral(You have to devote yourself to wheel for this card to work well, and wheel arguably doesn't help your deck.), Sunder(This combos only with As Foretold), Isperia, Supreme Judge (Costs six, his only creature decks, they don't have to attack you, there is better card draw.), Sphinx of Magosi, Silent Sentinel (Requires attack and arguably not enough enchantments).
You have a pretty decent Stax and 'Don't touch me there' package going on here, but not a whole lot of direction other than that. Some mill, some land destruction, but no real win-cons. If you want to have a serious mill win con, you can take out a little of your protection package and focus it on ETB effects and pair with a card like Altar of the Brood. Is that enough justification? I don't know, but ETB effects can be very strong and already seem like a small sub-theme. You would have to make more serious cuts for it. You definitely need to upgrade your mill-win con to be more flexible if you intend on winning that way. Sitting down at the average CMDR table of at least sum(4) means that you have hundreds of cards to whittle away. Some suggestions:Aforementioned Altar of the Brood, only for considerationSands of Delirium, Memory Erosion, Jace's Erasure, Sphinx's Tutelage, Increasing Confusion, Hinder/Spell Crumple + Tunnel Vision is a particular jank combo favorite of mine. Really you want stuff that hits early and doesn't require any further effort so you can pillowfort yourself, or are huge sinks for the late game push.
If you are looking to remove some pillowfort and upgrade your stax package, check out Brago, King Eternal, Paradox Engine, Static Orb, Tangle Wire, Torpor Orb, Smokestack, Trinisphere, Thorn of Amethyst, Meekstone, Clock of Omens (This is especially useful), Dovin Baan, Inspiring Statuary.
Also, you should take out all land destruction since you don't have a real way to take advantage of it. Even with a couple of your reductions, the green player/ Mizzix player will get on board faster and annihilate you out of spite.
Also, the deck only has mill as its win-con thus far, which is tenuous at best even in the most refined EDH decks. I suggest you put some of the not-so-flashy-feels-bad-win-cons in this deck such as Approach of the Second Sun, Azor's Elocutors, Laboratory Maniac, etc.
Also, after above edits, you only have three board clears by my count. Even if I'm off, you want around 7-10 for a deck of this style that covers a multitude of fronts. Most board-wipes are just creature based, but you should include ones like Akroma's Vengeance, Consulate Crackdown, Planar Cleansing, Nevinyrral's Disk. Things that can be instant speed are also great like Rout and Evacuation.
Your land base needs a pretty big update as well. You should really only be running 10 or less of each basic for a dual colored deck, though not as important for three and up decks. But, you have quite a few double-symbol costs that your cost reduction can't affect.Fixing lands Coastal Tower, Meandering River, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Azorius Guildgate, Sejiri Refuge, Tranquil Cove, Prairie Stream, Exotic Orchard.
Hope this helps! :)
2 months ago
checking out this list and offering my constructive criticism :D
Please keep in mind that this is just my take on Scion, there's definitely a lot of ways you can build it, so these comments are going with the train of though that being voltron for the win is the most efficient path to victory :D
I'll break it down by category:
Lands:I'd probably cut minamo and high market. From there, I think 36 lands is fine, and I'd play 2 of each basic to play around non-basic hate and to take advantage of some other effects from cards I'll mention later.
I'd also consider running ancient tombs in place of Crystal Quarry, cascading cataracts just seems like a better version
Sorcery:I feel like these should mostly be either- Powerful board wipes- Powerful card draw- Stuff that will win you the game
My reasoning for this is that this deck probably draws stuff it doesn't want to/can't play, and those cards end up being dead in the hand for too long.
In your list, I'd probably cut:
1x Channel the Suns - this card takes up a slot to net you 1 mana. If you're fetching right and have mana rocks, this card is basically dead.
1x Fearsome Awakening - very slow reanimation spell, the 2x +1/+1 counters aren't an upside worth paying 5 mana for in my opinion.
1x Skyshroud Claim - you can probably find a better rate for ramp + fixing, a 4cmc sorcery seems like too steep of a price to pay.
Sorceries I'd consider bringing in are:
- Maelstrom Pulse - relevant vs tokens
- Akroma's Vengeance - flexible boarwipe thanks to cycling.
- Time Spiral - re-gas or reconstitute a weak hand.
- Rite of Replication - either copy the best threat, or make 5x of one of your dudes. Basically wins you the game with Scourge of Valkas if kicked (basically a super Valakut - 6x5x6 = 180 damage, since each copy Valkas will see 6 dragons entering the field at once)
- Bring to Light - essentially a tutor
Moving on to Instants:I'd cut Lure of Prey and Sarkhan's Triump. Feels like this deck wants to basically win with Scion getting through with commander damage, ultimately a voltron approach to victory. With that being said, I think you can jam a lot of high impact instants. These come to mind:
- Path to Exile
- Swords to Plowshares - life gain doesn't really matter if you're winning with 21 commander damage.
- Disallow - gets rid of tricky stuff, and its a solid counterpell overall
- Fact or Fiction - fills the GY, digs 5 cards deep at instant speed for 4cmc.
- Savage Beating - for 5 or 7 cmc, you win the game
- Hatred - seems decent in EDH, with 40 life, you're basically trading off 5cmc + 15 life to either win the game, or to knock someone out of the game (commander damage).
Enchantments:Cuts, due to low impact, in my opinion:
- Aura Shards
- Dragon Tempest - might be keepable, haste is relevant.
Greater Good - don't think you want to be sacrificing your dudes, plus your blue instant speed stuff should be drawing you cards :D
- Pattern of Rebirth
- Pernicious Deed
- Sylvan Library
If I were jamming Scion, I'd probably want my enchantments to do 1 of 3 things - either keep me alive, protect my dudes, or act as a damage multiplier or grants evasion so I can win via commander damage.
Stuff that keeps you alive:
Stuff that protects my dudes:- Asceticism - you already run this, nothing else off the top of my head atm.
Evasion/game winning stuff:
- Thasa God of the Sea - an enchantment that gives auto-scry, is indestructible, AND grants unblockable? Seems decent.
- In the Web of War - haste seems good, or maybe this can just be an Anger? Meta call, depends on how much GY hate there happens to be :D
- Xenagos, God of Revels - more commander damage!
- Duelist's Heritage - MORE damage!
- Gratuitous Violence - even MORE damage
- Finest Hour - this is basically game ending
Now, on to Artifacts:
First, stuff that doesn't pass the initial eye test:
- Crucible - no obvious synergy
- Dragon Arch - seems iffy, you end up paying 7cmc to play a multi-colored creature, at which point, you can probably just play the creature. If the creature costs less than 7cmc, you kind of just owned yourself.
Stuff I think is worth checking out:- Chrome Mox- Prismatic Geoscope - this is what those basics will help out with :D- Fellwar Stone - most likely fixes some colors + ramps- Swiftfoot Boots - lightning greaves #2- Credit Voucher - cycles dead cards for potentially not dead cards, for the low cost of 2cmc
Planeswalkers - I noticed you don't run any, I think these might be decent:Sarkhan Unbroken - CARD DRAW + mana fixing/ramp in one? SEEMS GOOD!Sorin, Grim Nemesis - MORE CARD DRAW!? AND with the high CMC of your stuff, the drain should be excellent every now and then.Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker - Takes care of any creature threat + flavor win
CREATURES!!I'd make these cuts on the thinking that they either:A) Don't win you the gameB) Don't advance your boardstate enoughC) Don't provide adequate utilityC) You're never going to be able to abuse their 3cmc payment abilities + you probably will only have one shot with them. Feels like the mana would be better spent winning with Scion.
- 1x Balefire Dragon
- 1x Bladewing the Risen
- 1x Dragon Mage
- 1x Dragonlord Ojutai
- 1x Dragonlord's Servant
- 1x Dragonspeaker Shaman
- 1x Hellkite Tyrant
- 1x Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
- 1x Numot, the Devastator
- 1x Savage Ventmaw
- 1x Steel Hellkite
- 1x Teneb, the Harvester
- 1x Tyrant's Familiar
- 1x Utvara Hellkite
- 1x Vorosh, the Hunter
Creatures I'd consider running:
- Magus of the Moat
- Kaalia of the Vast
- Dragonlord Kolaghan
- Rafiq of the Many
- Scourge of the Throne
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Spellbound Dragon
- Mana-Charged Dragon
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind + Ophidian Eye - classic combo + alternate wincon
- Hellkite Overlord
- Dragon Tyrant
Whew, that's all I've got! Again, this is just my take on what I think is the path of least resistance to victory with a Scion deck that's not as vulnerable to GY hate. GY strats are definitely legit, so feel free to jam all the reanimation + tutors too :D
Hope you found some of this useful :D