, Sacrifice Pernicious Deed: Destroy each artifact, creature, and enchantment with converted mana cost X or less.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , Bluboltar|
|Want (3)||Miehen , buzzwulf , BasedNorseman|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Pernicious Deed occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
BUG (Sultai): 1.13%
Pernicious Deed Discussion
1 week ago
Massacre Wurm and Sheoldred, Whispering One are nice cards for some removal that you can replay. Sheoldred is also nice cause its pretty much having two merens. I enjoy the massacre wurm cause it can also be another way you can win the game.
Pernicious Deed is one of the best boardwipes in the game.
These should be good for you
1 week ago
I don't want to lose low CMC creatures (CMC < 3), because, honestly, they're the reason I never really have mana problems. However, I don't know which bigger creatures I could spare more than others. I'm already looking at swapping out Grave Titan to be replaced by Kessig Cagebreakers, and next on the chopping block would be Polukranos, Unchained. But really, I wouldn't want to go down to too few big creatures if I was replacing them with the mana production necessary to cast them faster. It seems counterproductive.
I know it's how the pros play, and I'm not saying I know better than the standard practice. I also know that I've been in a lot of games, albeit with other decks, where late-game I'm drawing mana rocks and land, like "man, I wish I would have put more creatures and such in this deck." Besides the 32 lands, I have 2 land fetch spells, 4 rocks, 5 creatures that produce mana, and Black Market and Smothering Tithe. That's 45 cards out of 100 dedicated to mana production. Nearly half the deck.
I'm going to place the suggestions I'm going for into the maybe board. Please do tell me what you would take out for them.
1 week ago
Ooh, reanimator. Some thoughts about the deck:
- You may not be playing enough lands/mana sources, even if you're not having so many mana troubles like you say, considering that your curve peaks at around CMC 3-4. I normally aim for 34 minimum. If you have access to Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, and/or Chrome Mox, I'd definitely run one or more of those. (Mox Tantalite could be a good back-up if needed.) Otherwise, maybe upping your land count to 34 or so would probably help, or throwing in things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library to help you find your land cards. (Smothering Tithe, as you said, is a great ramp spell... but you need the lands to cast it!) Other lands I could see as good additions are Murmuring Bosk and Eiganjo Castle.
- While your white is a splash, Thalia's Lancers is a fairly good tutor for your legendary stuff (and you have quite a bit of it!). In terms of tutors, I could suggest Entomb.
- Apart from the gold standard Reanimate and Animate Dead, a possibly interesting reanimation spell that might work in your deck is Living Death (and especially in a combo with Grave Pact!). You could also look into Journey to Eternity Flip, which gives you a repeatable reanimation effect (in land form!).
- For other kill spells, in your colors, Vindicate or Pernicious Deed are the ones that immediately come to mind.
1 month ago
Nice unique take on Muldrotha! For starters, I would try to cut as many nonpermanents as possible because the less of those, the more cards you can cast with Muldrotha. I would take out Counterspell, Devious Cover-Up, and Price of Fame and replace them with cards like Lunar Force and Decree of Silence or even Siren Stormtamer and Kheru Spellsnatcher. You could also replace them with plain removal like Pernicious Deed, Oblivion Stone, Hostage Taker, etc. However, I very much like Spelljack because it is so on theme with the deck, keep it in! In terms of ramp, Cultivate and Explosive Vegetation are great choices, but you can get by with using Sakura-Tribe Elder, Wayfarer's Bauble, Khalni Heart Expedition, The Mending of Dominaria for your ramp package. These are useful because, once again, they are repeatable. I would also cut the Llanowar Elves if you add enough other ramp cards. Archaeomancer can be upgraded for Eternal Witness. Bond of Insight, Merfolk Secretkeeper, and Mire Triton feel a little out of place because they only mill a few cards. If you want big mill spells I would put in Mind Funeral and Traumatize and for permanents that mill, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Stitcher's Supplier, and Dreamborn Muse from your sideboard are all great cards and to top it all off Mesmeric Orb is a terrific card. If you want more instant and sorcery recurral The Mirari Conjecture is great for that. I'm not sure what Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake are doing for you when they are on their own. Evil Twin, and any cards that copy other creatures are flavorful additions. Lastly, why not just steal their permanents when you can also steal their turns with Mindslaver. I hope my ideas have helped, and I hope you keep improving this deck!
1 month ago
Hey, I'm by no means a very competitive player (in terms of cEDH) but it looks like you don't have many artifacts. Maybe Collector Ouphe could help slow down your opponents? Also I guess it comes down to preference, but I feel like Pernicious Deed is usually better than Gaze of Granite. Even though it doesn't hit planeswalkers, separating the cost often makes it easier to use with a higher X value. Honestly though, this already looks like a pretty solid list if you don't want pure combo.
2 months ago
Hey, good start. The 18 cards to consider cutting to make 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God
- Keiga, the Tide Star
- Moldgraf Monstrosity
- Apex Altisaur
- Daring Apprentice
- Yavimaya Elder
- Consuming Aberration
- End-Raze Forerunners
- Control Magic
- Diabolic Servitude
- Plasm Capture
- Profane Command
- Far Wanderings
- Rite of Replication
- Rescue from the Underworld
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Rain of Revelation
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Pernicious Deed: good with Muldrotha since you can keep playing it from your graveyard and you can control how much mana you put into it.
- Kaya's Ghostform: makes it difficult for your opponents to deal with Muldrotha by keeping Muldrotha out of the Command Zone. Good with other creatures who have an ETB ability.
- Eternal Witness: gives you access to nonpermanent cards in your graveyard with Muldrotha. Can only play one card of each permanent type with Muldrotha, Witness lets you recur another permanent of the same and then cast/play it from your hand.
- Satyr Wayfinder: good way to self-mill for Muldrotha while also finding lands.
- Mystic Remora: potentially draw cards during your opponents turns, don't pay the upkeep cost on your turn and play it from your graveyard to repeat.
- Beast Within
Cards to consider cutting for these:
- Seal of Doom
- Canopy Cover
- Corpse Connoisseur
- Geth, Lord of the Vault
- Bident of Thassa
- Makeshift Mannequin
3 months ago
There's also a few staples like Pernicious Deed that probably deserve a spot here.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
3 months ago
so here is my meren deck of almost 5 years. it isnt budget anymore however there are some budget cards in there for ya to consider and it can help ya figure out how ya want to build the deck or maybe a way for you not to want to build the deck. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/graveyard-queen-meren-of-clan-nel-toth/
So some basic tips is you want a lot of sac outlets, you want stuff that have good etb abilities or stuff that want to die, then any flavor for wins. For cuts i think a lot of your artifact creatures doesn't add much for your deck. There are a lot better cards that can help you with control.
Mana: Devoted Druid (2 dollar card) Can get you mana and exp counters
Graveyard: Having multiple ways to interact with graveyard is important because people will try to get rid of meren cause she is a gravy engine. A lot of the good ones are a bit expensive like Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip and Sheoldred, Whispering One so if you don't want to do expensive upgrades it is understandable.
Tutor: Fierce Empath has a solid etb trigger to get creatures for you. Woodland Bellower is another solid etb trigger to get creatures for you and interacts with fierce empath. Pattern of Rebirth is nice tutor because your creatures should be easy to kill and now you can get your best creature on the field right away.
Removal: Plaguecrafter , Merciless Executioner , and Fleshbag Marauder are solid creatures that can get rid of your opponents creatures and with meren you can bring them back to cause constant removal. I personally like using two of the three in my deck.
Boardwipes: Boardwipes are solid cause you benefit the most from them. Pox , Living Death , Pernicious Deed are all really wonderful ones that I use. If i have to push one I recommend Pernicious deed because that card scares a lot of people from doing stuff, and at worst you can always blow it up for 0 to get rid of tokens or 1 to get rid of a lot of mana rocks.