|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Champion of Rhonas
You may exert Champion of Rhonas as it attacks. When you do, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. (An exerted creature won't untap during your next untap step.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Wolfebladeelite , Big-Foot , PhotogenicParasympathetic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rakdos24 , _raeofsunlight , vashaclarens , Spinalripper , Vasbear1 , , golgarigirl , Lindough , Poptartz95 , CAPT.Shock , Ellyreia , jrschnoebelen , Atroxreaper , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , Archegos , KB2187 , Raknamadak , VoidCaster113 , GeminiSpartanX|
Champion of Rhonas Discussion
6 days ago
3 weeks ago
Champion of Rhonas exert ability can get you your big creatures fairly early for free as long as you can protect it.
4 weeks ago
Hi there. I've a similar deck Ruric Thar Smash Face with only a few noncreature spells. Maybe you can find some ideas there. On a quick view I'd suggest:
- Quirion Ranger is great to untap Priest of Titania and get you an additional mana if you don't have a land drop.
- Channeler Initiate fixes color mana, triggers Garruk's Packleader and can simply kill a mana dork to enter as a 3/4 beatstick lategame.
- My meta is plagued by control and counter, so Prowling Serpopard is a must, as well as a bunch of indestructibles like Rhonas the Indomitable, Stonehoof Chieftain and Spearbreaker Behemoth.
- It's also very helpful to have ways to cheat the fatties into play, like Elvish Piper and Champion of Rhonas
- Great Oak Guardian is a blast. Flash, untaps your folks and pumps them. Can be used on offense and defense alike and reach is a great plus.
1 month ago
1 Carnage Tyrant unless you can afford more.
And 4 Champion of Rhonas
1 month ago
I was thinking more along the lines of cards like Mulch, Benefaction of Rhonas, and Harrow with Crucible of Worlds or Ramunap Excavator or Splendid Reclamation to sift through the deck faster and potentially abuse some land hate.
1 month ago
My pleasure. I like your changes. A few more thoughts:
1) With 14 creatures, I'd get rid of Shapers' Sanctuary. If you're looking for a 1 drop, I'd go with Siren Stormtamer. It also gives you the ability to protect your fish. Alternatively, I'd recommend Blossoming Defense to protect against removal.
2) Also, I would drop Desert of the Mindful and Desert of the Indomitable in favor of the corresponding basic lands. You already have 8 desserts without them, and they slow do your turn since they come into play tapped.
4) I don't think Storm Fleet Aerialist fits well here. Channeler Initiate is your preferred 2 drop, and based on your creature based, you probably won't attack until Champion of Rhonas lands on the field; so raid won't trigger for Storm Fleet Aerialist. I would recommend Vizier of Tumbling Sands (untap Champion of Rhonas after exert); Watertrap Weaver (control/utility); or Siren Lookout (explore trigger to get through your deck).
1 month ago
Saw your post on the MTG Rocks My World Facebook page. Thought I'd check it out.
1) I'd recommend using Channeler Initiate instead of Ornithopter + Prying Blade to ramp into the T3 Champion of Rhonas. Channeler Initiate is a nice two drop and it is not reliant on a combo or dealing combat damage to ramp. It also frees up 4 card slots for some control or removal.
2) I would remove the 4 Navigator's Ruin and run some of the control you have in your side board in your mainboard. Fleet Swallower is a huge mill threat, make sure it lives long enough for you to use it. Additionally, as you point out, the main combo (and finisher) with Fleet Swallower is Fraying Sanity, not Navigator's Ruin. Navigator's Ruin is pretty powerful in limited but against 60 card standard decks, it isn't as effective by itself (although it does combo well with Fraying Sanity. That said, I would invest in landing your main combo; and making sure that when you land it... it wins you the game.
Great ideas here. +1 from me!