Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand, then shuffle your library. You lose 3 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Grim Tutor Discussion
4 days ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
1 week ago
Dimir Signet or other on-color signets
This is the best I have off the top of my head. The multicolored ones add some things, too.
2 weeks ago
Kind regards from germany
3 weeks ago
I like it, cool deck mate! However, as powerful as this looks, it feels a touch too slow in competitive EDH. I would switch time stretch for a mere Time Warp if you still want to keep that win con of infinite turns. JTMS, day's undoing, and whispering madness look like the weakest links imo. I'd replace them with more counterspells (5 is far too few for a control deck in a 100 card deck, try Flusterstorm, Delay, or Arcane Denial) or spot removal (like trusty ol' Abrupt Decay. Where's Mystic Remora? That card is bonkers if you are playing against other competitive decks, easily one of the strongest auto includes in blue. Ad naus is a super powerful card, but at an average CMC of 2.6, it's a bit high and you aren't going to get many cards off of it as you'd like. But i understand if you are just using it as a Stroke of Genius effect.
If you decide to gain an infinite budget or play on cockatrice, I'd recommend the obligatory $$ spells including but not limited to: Timetwister, Imperial Seal, Three Visits, Mana Drain, and maybe Grim Tutor
Again, great deck, it feels very close to its maximum potential. +1 from me and gl! Here's a solid BUG control list for competitive EDH I'd recommend looking over, although it plays a tad differently with tasigur at the helm
3 weeks ago
Ditch Mass Mutiny for Insurrection for sure. I see a Food Chain so you're obviously not gun-shy about infinite combos. On that note, and since you appear to have the budget for Earthcraft, you should ditch one of the larger redundancies such as Tooth and Claw for a Squirrel Nest, which makes infinite squirrels with Earthcraft.
Other recommendations depend on your playstyle. If you want this to be a combo deck, and it looks a lot like you do, you need more tutors. Vampiric Tutor is king, but with tokens you can also play Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Diabolic Intent. Worldly Tutor can help you find answers when someone has you stuck, or can If you have no budget or your friends allow proxies, there is also Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Cruel Tutor...
My advice to you is to decide if you want a combo deck. If you do, commit to it and build a combo deck. Tutors, combo pieces, and recursion for those combo pieces. I even run Riftsweeper in my competitive combo decks.
If you do not wish to make a combo deck, don't. Get rid of them. Prossh is super fun as a face-beating general as well. I have built both. You'll want to focus on finding ways to help Prossh connect with an enemy, as well as ways to pump him up. Combat tricks like Temur Battle Rage come to mind. Beastmaster Ascension can allow you to swing with all of your kobolds to bring up the counters, and then sacrifice them to Prossh after declare blockers. Shared Animosity can help you win by actually dealing Kobold damage which is kind of cute.
Choose your path to victory and build around it. Mixing all sorts of styles together often just results ina deck that is not good at any of them.
Side note: if you want a deck that makes a ton of tokens and sacrifices them for value, which seems to be a subtheme of this deck, give Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest a look. I have a list on here that plays exactly that playstyle here: Mazirek Token Horde.
3 weeks ago
Hi thank you.
I have one more request. What would be the standard/best Intuition search, if nothing is on the table. i would say Blasting Station,Phyrexian Metamorph and Sculpting Steel? But with this, you need 9 Mana for the next turn. Is there a better option?
The problem with Imperial Seal and Grim Tutor is, that they are not on the reserved list. I realy dont wanna spend that much money on reprintable cards. i think about to buy a Mishra's Workshop. That price will definitely not drop in the future. But Grim Tutor is worthy a consideration.
3 weeks ago
kingdingeling136 sorry I missed your post. No I haven't tried Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, it's not bad in a casual group where planeswalkers can stick few turns. Due to the fact that I have very limited ability to protect planeswalkers plus only his first ability is relevant for my deck I don't think I will ever use it.
Btw, I added a section shows a few turn 1 win combos to answer the question you asked the other day. Thanks for bringing it up so I have ideas to improve my description.
1 month ago
@BrotherofTarmogoyf Point taken. I considered adding in Grim Tutor and Imperial Seal before. I think I'll add in Personal Tutor and Grim Tutor in place of Phenax, God of Deception and Thoughtrender Lamia. Idk why Phenax was there in the first place considering he doesn't really fit in with the theme of this deck. I think I just added in all the Esper gods for kicks. Thoughtrender Lamia is ok, but it's a bit of a mid game card and once Enduring Ideal is cast there are probably a lot more valuable enchantments to get. Thanks for all the input!