|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As Steely Resolve enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures of the chosen type have shroud. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||Boza , sonnet666 , Esquire_ , Forkbeard , VoidCaster113|
|Want (7)||jbriedis , Fergernuggets , hammythepig , Doom_of_Valyria , RPG_FOX , Big-Foot , Jelatinator|
Steely Resolve Discussion
21 hours ago
Lurking Predators seems sweet.
There are a couple of cards I've seen recently that might be fun to play like Urza's Filter. I think you can shave off some spells like Bring to Light and Rain of Thorns and Prismatic Geoscope for better rocks - maybe some signets. Navigator's Compass is a new card I love. Maybe Mox Amber, too. I like Elemental Bond or Steely Resolve over Bower Passage. Often, you'll want opponents to block your dragons with worse creatures as a means to control their boards.
I also think you should spend some time on your land base - your color wheel is out of whack. It seems like you need a lot more red, a little more green, and fewer sources from other colors to draw the lands that are most likely to cast the spells you draw alongside them. I'd drop all but 1 Plains, all but 1 Swamp, 1 Island, and the Vivid Lands for R and G sources that come in untapped.
Have fun with the dragons!
1 week ago
Steely Resolve is a nice tribal protection enchantment that can protect your dinosaurs.
I'd say Heroic Intervention and Boros Charm are both very important to protecting your dinosaurs and the charm is even better for sudden double strike on Gishath. Both cards also enable a potential Forerunner of the Empire, Polyraptor / Raptor Hatchling infinite token enrage win con with the indestructibility.
I've also personally had success running a damage board wipe package alongside the indestructibility spells (and Temple Altisaur ) like Blasphemous Act, Star of Extinction, and Wave of Reckoning just to get that enrage value. Board wipes hurt in Gishath, but sometimes you just have to. You can at least get something out of it if you have enrage dinosaurs out using those spells. Getting the occasional one sided wipe with the package of cards alongside enrage has always felt good.
3 weeks ago
Hi! I really like your take on Ur-Dragon deck so I have a few questions to ask:
- Aren't Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Ojutai, Soul of Winter and Wasitora, Nekoru Queen underperforming? What is your experience in playing them?
- Doesn't this deck suffer too much from artifact hate and counterspelling key dragons? Mine playgroup uses counterspells a lot so I started using cards like Taigam, Ojutai Master, Surrak Dragonclaw, Conqueror's Flail and Steely Resolve for additional protection
- How good are your planeswalkers overall and why don't you use Sarkhans: the Mad and Unbroken?
1 month ago
1 month ago
How effective has the mana-doubling package been for you? Mirari's Wake is good but Zendikar Resurgent/Vorinclex seem really slow! Mana dorks like Somberwald Sage, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Frontier Siege would be more helpful.
I think you may not need so many boardwipes as you are playing the Aggro role instead of the Control one. Earthquake doubles as a wincon, Cyclonic Rift/Crux of Fate is good, but I'd cut the rest. Living Death can be a wincon as well if you have Dragon Tempest or Scourge of Valkas in the GY with the rest of your dragons.
Instead of Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot boots, you may want to consider using field wide haste enablers like Fervor and Fires of Yavimaya. You can protect your field with Steely Resolve and Asceticism.
1 month ago
- Mayael's Aria - I don't see how you can get 20 power creature (maybe go with Aggravated Assault, which with Savage Ventmaw gives infinite combat steps?)
- Rampant Growth - you have Cultivate, Kodama's Reach and Sakura-Tribe Elder and for me that's too much for only 6 basic lands
- Sakura-Tribe Elder - speaking of it I'd go for Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- Akroma's Memorial - here is just an overkill, because most important mechanics in Dragons are haste, double strike and protection - 2 of them you have from Dragons already and they are a little cheaper. If you need more protection, then I'd suggest Steely Resolve and you have Dragonlord Dromoka and Conqueror's Flail
That's what I'd change for now and see how it works out :)
1 month ago
There's only 10 creatures that benefit fully from the cost reduction on Urza's Incubator, assuming you choose Elf. That's not even half of your creatures. I think you'd be better off with Herald's Horn.
Also, Concordant Crossroads to be able to attack right away once you've assembled your combo.
1 month ago
Great suggestions. I really like the idea of Hunter's Insight. Instant and at a better CMC is great. Need to find me a copy.
I also like Steely Resolve because of it's lower CMC and it less symmetrical effect. At 2 mana, I can drop it first then cast Multani. He is the only creature I really care about protecting.