|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Exile target nonland permanent. You lose 3 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (34)||Mousemke , ibraJG84 , clayperce , ericalt91 , Justinaut , gildan_bladeborn , HydraOoze , TheRealPeaches , DHermos , Hootiequack , RedSinR , pskinn01 , unnaturalelementals , Venser_the_Sojoner , ecurps , TrackerD , prete182 , jparker-sartori21 , Borg0th , Sergal , philktoken8998 , Swamy , DarkMagician , Snydog17 , Dawnsly , marsthesoos , DudeMan1031 , thetechzombie , Dr_Doomtrain , MattN7498 , TehDelta , Nightdragon779 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Va1mar|
|Want (8)||Wolfninja , DimSpirit , davir , rockleemyhero , Va1mar , brokendwarf , Spinalripper , vishnarg|
Anguished Unmaking Discussion
4 hours ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
13 hours ago
Here is my attempt to figure out my "7 by 9" classification of my deck (Referenced article about "7 by 9"). It appears I've slightly reversed it and have a "9 by 7" ratio. Some cards also overlap, but I put them in their main use case category.
After looking at the list though I only have 7 categories of cards which means I could look to add a new category by removing some of the weaker cards in each of the existing categories.
Target Protection (10)
- Adarkar Valkyrie
- Aegis Angel
- Benevolent Bodyguard
- Deathless Angel
- Devoted Caretaker
- Mother of Runes
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Lightning Greaves
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Angel of Despair
- Oblivion Ring
- Anguished Unmaking
- Crackling Doom
- Swords to Plowshares
- Angel of Serenity
- Day of Judgment
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Thalia's Lancers
- Demonic Collusion
- Demonic Tutor
- Diabolic Revelation
- Diabolic Tutor
- Increasing Ambition
- Liliana Vess
- Bloodgift Demon
- Dragon Mage
- Erebos, God of the Dead
- Harvester of Souls
- Phyrexian Arena
- Underworld Connections
- Read the Bones
- Nahiri, the Harbinger
- Sorin, Grim Nemesis
- Karmic Guide
- Reya Dawnbringer
- Whip of Erebos
- Animate Dead
- Beacon of Unrest
- Buried Alive
- Obzedat's Aid
- Unburial Rites
- Basandra, Battle Seraph
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Grand Abolisher
- Herald of War
- Platinum Angel
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Elixir of Immortality
- Steelshaper's Gift
- Magnetic Theft
- Bruna, the Fading Light
- Gisela, the Broken Blade
- Graf Rats
- Hanweir Garrison
- Midnight Scavengers
- Hanweir Battlements (Land)
Mana (5 + 35 - 1)
1 day ago
This seems like a very good budget deck! You definitely get a +1 from me :)
There are a few adjustments I would make, however. Anguished Unmaking is a fantastic piece of removal that this deck would love (even though it doesn't profit off of your bounty counters). Enlightened Tutor helps you find many of your pieces faster, and is useful at all points in the game. Curse of Misfortunes seems perfect here, if you wanted to go that route :) Black Market also seems like your cup of tea.
I hope that helps!
2 days ago
Hey, I like the deck! I tried Athreos but never had much success but I'm definitely a fan of orzhov. Here are some suggestions:
Wound Reflection really helps make Athreos a threat.
Hope these help!
3 days ago
And the whole argument about
Is an apples to oranges comparison.
I love both of those cards and use them in a pure Esper control deck.
Were talking Modern. And modern right now, is changing.
While it's (NOT BAN WORTHY) is forcing people to be creative and get off this bullshit linear train of boredom.
Hence the rise in Chalice of the Void
3 days ago
3 days ago
Like your deck :)
It doesn't look like your deck has a lot of card draw. Tribal decks tend to run out of gas in the hand without card draw. Phyrexian Arena, Read the Bones, Sign in Blood, and Night's Whisper are all cheap card draw spells.
I would also add a bit more ramp like the 3 signets (eg. Rakdos Signet) to speed up the deck and have more colour fixing.
In terms of cutting, you could cut a few of the vampires you find are the weakest. You've got 33 and you probably only need 25ish. Also, I personally would cut Exquisite Blood. People hate losing to its infinite combo with Sanguine Bond.
Hope this helps!
3 days ago
More cuts, you say?
I'm not wildly keen on the amount of point-removal you're currently running. It's a little meta-dependent, but you're already running 7 vampires that can deal with opposing creatures, making the 10 instants and sorceries feel a bit extra. I would keep the vampires, and then run only the strongest/most flavorful of the other 10. Keep New Blood, Anguished Unmaking, Utter End, and Urge to Feed; cut Terminate, Swords to Plowshares, Mortify, Feast of Blood, Crackling Doom, and Victim of Night. I'd also advocate adding in Vindicate. Really none of the current instants you run are bad per se (I mean, Swords to Plowshares is the best removal spell printed in Magic), but in the interest of making meaningful space, this is where I'd start. Hell, if you really think you need more spot-shot, you could add Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter, though I don't care for his services. Vein Drinker is a solid option, however.
You could still trim a Sorin, though he is pretty nifty. Solemn Visitor is my least favorite.
Blind Obedience and Stensia Masquerade are somewhat unneeded. The Masquerade does improve some if you add in Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (actually, I recommend running Rix Maadi regardless). The Dungeon Palace also enables you to trim Call the Bloodline if you wish.
You aren't running Cabal Coffers, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, or Black Market, so you only have Nirkana Revenant and Crypt of Agadeem to power up Exsanguinate. I think I'd cut it for a more impactful card.
On the topic of Nirkana Revenant, run more swamps! Yes, they're expensive, but you're going to have to track down two original duals (Scrubland and Badlands) and black fetches to make 3-color-Revenant functional. On the plus side, this would also enable Cabal Coffers, and the fetches synergize with Nocturnus. Bloodhusk Ritualist and Gatekeeper of Malakir will thank you likewise. Canyon Slough and Smoldering Marsh should at least replace some basic mountains.
Look at your color costs: You have only 10 red symbols, and 13 white. You don't need to run R/W dual lands (Sacred Foundry et al). You can get by with just black/x lands.
Blood Artist/Falkenrath Noble are better in Olivia Voldaren than Edgar. With Olivia, you want more sac-outlets to ditch borrowed creatures in the event of Olivia's downfall, so the drain effects are a little more consistently powerful. With Edgar at the helm, I think you'd want to add in Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos to augment Butcher of Malakir and sacrifice effects such as Viscera Seer and Indulgent Aristocrat. Without all that, they just aren't reliable enough.
I strongly dislike Mathas, Fiend Seeker. Political play and Group Hug be damned- I want my opponents to suffer alongside me, not get free goodies.... bunch of filthy, free-loading, commie-hippies....
Herald’s Horn doesn't excite me unless you're at 50%+ creatures of the chosen tribe, which is a tall order for most tribes.
Teferi's Protection is sick, but Edgar puts out a lot of tokens, which feel bad with phasing. Not that it's a bad inclusion, but Angel's Grace might be more what you want if you really think you need a Ace of Saves (unlikely). Or if you're after the board protection, Boros Charm could be considered, though it won't help with Merciless Eviction and tuck sweeps.