|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target permanent.
6 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
2 weeks ago
Someone made the argument to me and it made sense.... Generous Gift > Vindicate . You yourself said instant speed is key and they both hit permanents. That, and the easier casting cost make it a better fit IMO (coming from the guy who bought 4 vindicates because he loves the art)
2 weeks ago
Alright. As to what I would cut:
Utter End : It's a bit too little mana to be cheated out, yet too costly to be worth it.
Villainous Wealth : 'X' costs can't be abused with Jodah, so I'd remove it.
Genesis Wave : Same deal.
Enlightened Tutor : There are no artifacts outside of a couple of gearhulks and Magister Sphinx , and the only enchantments that seem worth finding are Rhystic Study and Omniscience . It doesn't seem too potent in here.
Enter the Infinite : You can't actually win immediately when this resolves (unless I'm missing something). When this is the case, it's not quite worth it.
Nissa's Revelation : Given how many ways this deck can refill its hand, consider that this doesn't add to the board state, reveals a card in your hand, and is a turn off of doing something else.
Terastodon : I've never really liked this card. Just personal preference. It's a vanilla 9/9 that doesn't do much outside of removal.
Vindicate : I prefer Beast Within or Swords to Plowshares when given the option. You have Anguished Unmaking , Cruel Ultimatum , Despark , Assassin's Trophy , and tutors to find them, sorcery speed is without use. More interaction in a deck like this seems as if it's a juxtaposition to the gameplan.
That's all I have for what may be banished, however, I have one recommendation:
Treachery seems as if it would be awesome in here. Steal a creature then cast something huge. A lot of value here.
2 weeks ago
I know you already run a lot of good spot removal and while I hate to recommend this to you, Vindicate can be helpful of getting rid of those pesky coffers, urborg and cradles.
Also, where is your card draw? I know you hate steady card draw and prefer burst, but with Orzhov, you need card draw.
You're actually running urborg? :P Jk But for real, you're running Worn Powerstone ? I would rather run Hedron Archive , but both suck IMO. Your curve is already filled up at 3, not including your commander, so having a 4 drop that can ramp you the turn it comes into play and draw you cards later when you need it would be useful in a deck with little to no card draw. Even Orzhov Locket might be worth considering.
Something that could be fun would be Angelic Renewal . Helps recur one of your value creatures, very good with ones with nice etbs. My particular favorite would be Sun Titan . That can be an alt wincon should you need it and it isn't completely useless either.
Ever consider running the monarch land (the name escapes me at the moment). With all your defense, and the fact they need to choose between attacking you or a walker, it can provide some card draw.
2 weeks ago
Yes! Reaper King! That card has always been close to my heart, so it's always great to see a deck for him.
I've brewed with it extensively, so I have some suggestions for you:
Gilt-Leaf Archdruid , if it's within budget, allows for quite a bit of card draw and a win-condition attached to it.
Gisa and Geralf will be able to recur the changelings for later use.
Knight Exemplar is fantastic defense for your board, Azami, Lady of Scrolls can draw many cards, Sygg, River Guide can protect creatures, and Ingenious Infiltrator can be awesome if you start to swarm. With so many creatures, Call to the Kindred could be cute.
Reaper King is a massive target whenever he hits the field, so it's important to have a few backup plans.
Good luck with Scarecrows and Vindicate EVERYTHING!
Here is my own list: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/time-to-reap-3/
2 weeks ago
For the sake of formatting, I'm just going to make lists for what I would cut and add respectively, but it's really personal preference.
What I would consider banishing:
Tainted Wood - The deck doesn't have a lot of swamps.
Memorial to Unity - It enters tapped and only produces one colour, so there are other things your deck could do instead.
Viridian Zealot - a bit costly for what it does.
Vampire Hexmage - You don't seem to really abuse it, so it can be lacking.
Tribute to the Wild - It's kind of restrictive and doesn't always get rid of something relevant.
Merciless Eviction - Your deck doesn't really want to exile its own stuff, so other wraths that destroy instead are preferable.
Vraska, Relic Seeker - This seems costly for what she does, but she has her moments.
Evolutionary Leap - It can be powerful, but all of your creatures seem huge and worth keeping around. It's best to run this with more fodder in the deck.
Whip of Erebos - This is up in the air. I don't enjoy the exile clause of this card, but it's instant-speed and efficient, whilst offering life-gain. Your choice.
Acidic Slime - It's an expensive effect, but a powerful one at that. You already have other five-drops in Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Thalia's Lancers so perhaps it's worth exclusion. Declaration in Stone - It's a bit restrictive for its cost and a sorcery, so I don't think it merits a deck slot.
What I would consider adding:
Grisly Salvage - Essentially takes a land slot with other worth in the later turns, stocking the graveyard.
Satyr Wayfinder - Can be fodder for your sacrifice shenanigans and a land for the early turns (hopefully).
Ransack the Lab - Fills the yard and draws a card. That rhymes, so it's fantastic. However, it only goes three cards deep, so it may be unreliable at finding a land. I'm yet to miss, but it's possible.
Altar of Dementia - This is just a ridiculous card that gives you options for the graveyard later and scales with your large creatures. Great defense, too, and a massive threat.
Perpetual Timepiece - This is great for decks that are all-in on the graveyard plan, so maybe not. It doesn't draw cards, but it grants other routes.
Unburial Rites - If you mill it over, it's still castable. Even if, it gets two things back.
Dread Return - Efficient reanimation and the same from the graveyard.
Buried Ruin - Recursion in the land-base is always lovely.
Ghostly Prison - With high-cost creatures, this can aid in surviving the early game.
Anguished Unmaking - This card almost always relevant, cheap, and instant-speed. It's a safe option that hits everything.
Necrotic Sliver - It is recurrable universal removal, so it could be rather effective.
Swords to Plowshares - One mana and an instant, it's far too potent. I'd add this.
Despark - This can be efficient, but restrictive. I've found success with it, but it comes down to preference.
Assassin's Trophy - If it's within budget, this is as good as it gets.
Vindicate - Hits it all and does it all.
Rampant Growth - Ramp and more ramp.
Wood Elves - Fodder and ramp.
Explosive Vegetation - Lots of ramp.
Paradise Druid - Fodder and ramp.
Lots of fodder, lots of ramp.
You can really customize your own removal, but you already have many ways to deal with creatures, so removal for other permanents is ideal.
That's what I have for you. Now wreck them all.
2 weeks ago
Ah, yes. Graveyard strategies always have an enthralling nature to them. Excellent choice in commander, as well.
I do have some recommendations for the deck.
One deck-building scheme I adhere to is fewer lands in place of cantrips. For your deck, you could cut some of the land base for Satyr Wayfinder and Grisly Salvage . They possess more value later in the game whilst filling up your yard for Karador. Ransack the Lab fulfills the same role. Taping the mana base towards early game cantrips also makes it more consistent to conduct your early game.
Altar of Dementia can earn you value even if a creature would die, permitting more options later.
You speak of win conditions in your description, thus I note Mortal Combat . That's a tricky build-around, so good luck there. Mindslicer is in my discard deck and often locks down the match, though people may not enjoy that.
As for removal, Anguished Unmaking , Despark , and Vindicate are universal and efficient, and Swords to Plowshares is quite possibly the best kill spell in the format. Ghastly Demise is also fun. If you wish to sacrifice creatures for gain, Angelic Purge is of use and Necrotic Sliver may be brought back later. Leonin Relic-Warder and Ravenous Chupacabra serve a similar purpose.
With such a high mana curve, more acceleration in ramp could be of aid. Outside of Temple of the False God and Phyrexian Altar which need some set-up before they do anything, there are only seven cards for ramp. I would add Birds of Paradise or Paradise Druid , some mana dork in that essence; Kodama's Reach , Rampant Growth , or Explosive Vegetation ; and perhaps Songs of the Damned as a one-shot influx of resource.
That is all from me, my apparitional liege. Fare thee well, and rejoice in haunting.
1 month ago
Add: Metallic Mimic , Adaptive Automaton , Foundry Inspector , Scion of Oona , Grand Architect , Hushbringer , Rankle, Master of Pranks , Emry, Lurker of the Loch . Shinechaser , Cranial Plating , Throne of the God-Pharaoh , Notorious Throng .
Control: Utter End , Anguished Unmaking , Cyclonic Rift , Damnation , Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , Fate Forgotten , Return to Dust , Disallow , Despark , Generous Gift , Reality Shift , Supreme Verdict , Stolen by the Fae , Vindicate .
Vindicate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
WB (Orzhov): 0.69%
WUB (Esper): 0.42%
RBW (Mardu): 0.61%