|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
Whenever Dimir Cutpurse deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||bakunet , Fineontheoutside , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , geazykagar , Bluboltar , Shiromakuro , rakdos24|
|Want (6)||kodie53 , Radish , filipaco , Mind5hifty , LiKWiDCAKE , Pawstitute|
Dimir Cutpurse Discussion
3 months ago
I do like the idea of running Sakashima's Student, but I'm concerned that it would lose much of its appeal if I ever reach the "You are playing top deck and I bounce your shit" stage. I'm putting it on the maybeboard for experimentation
Asder on Fool's Gold
5 months ago
great budget brew. im liking the money theme in King Macar, the Gold-Cursed, Dimir Cutpurse and Gild. if you want to stick to a budget theme thats cool but mabye some cycling lands or some other cheap nonbasic could be cool
7 months ago
I think you should try to lower your curve and more mana-rocks like Dimir Signet, Talisman of Dominance and Coalition Relic wouldn't hurt either. It's true that the higher cost minions are pure value but I think it's better to play smaller "threats" to bait removal out while generating some card-advantage trough them. If you are going to stick with the B/U creature based strategy, then here are some suggestions;
- Glen Elendra Archmage
- Phyrexian Metamorph (I would run him over Sakashima)
- Dimir Cutpurse
- Dimir Infiltrator
- Baleful Strix
- Nightveil Specter (Might even be a better Ghastlord of Fugue)
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Havengul Lich
- Deadeye Navigator
- Notion Thief
- Looter il-Kor
- Massacre Wurm
- Solemn Simulacrum
You could try to take advantage of your creatures who can swing in without any problem since a lot of them can't be blocked by running Coastal Piracy
I would also try to fit in the Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots, they are great at keeping your value creatures on the battlefield. (Random thought), Maybe even run Quietus Spike to just annihilate opponents with one swing? The Spike combined with Wound Reflection is an insta-kill. Wound Reflection has also perfect synergy with Sorin Markov btw.
If you are playing valuable creatures, you also really need a SacOutlet to protect them from exile or the dreaded copy/steal effects, so Ashnod's Altar or even Phyrexian Altar could also be great additions.
And even though you are running counter spells, you can't counter everything people throw at you so some reanimation could come in handy. This combined with the sacoutlet makes Kokusho and Keiga so much better. Imagine what you could do with the Dragons when Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is on board as well. Mikaeus has a strong combo withTriskelion to, infinite damage ftw.
Last of, running some blue staples could really help you out. Blue is the best color for card advantage so why not take advantage from that with Rhystic Study? Capsize is also really good for controlling the board-state.
9 months ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
10 months ago
Yes, my meta is a little creature light right now, lot of my local players are playing control, combo (like cheating out Emrakul), 8Rack or Death's Shadow. I'm also in a small city, so my meta isn't healthy to begin with. My latest consideration for my meta is to swap out something for Dimir Cutpurse and some evasion like Aqueous Form or Artful Dodge...
That said, when I was vs Humans, Werewolves, Elves etc, there was MB removal. I'd probably revert to Rattlechains and Topplegeist then too. Maybe Midnight Haunting, Beckon Apparition...their synergy with Nebelgast Herald is pretty good, as is Essence Flux. I MB'ed Essence Flux for a long time, it's well worth testing.
10 months ago
1 year ago
Hey sorry for not commenting! Anyway +1 obviously! Card draw and sultai colors are honestly some of the coolest things in magic and benefiting off them are just some of the sweetest things! Some some I would suggest are Master of the Feast, Bident of Thassa, Coastal Piracy, Dimir Cutpurse mostly because these not only help enable card draw but Master of the Feast can combo with notion theif and in multiplayer thats alot of cards. Just some other things would be Chasm Skulker and Venser's Journal for a huge threat as well as some life gain to send you out of range of some players.