|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact, target creature, target enchantment, and target land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , Willis1994 , metlguy , , ZombieFood , Kvothe1115 , Ellyreia , pokemate0 , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , darthnuchi , Kravian , zn.tportlock , RPG_FOX , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sonnet666 , Reliva , , AlucardZain , rakdos24 , Razulghul , rockleemyhero , mziter501 , golgarigirl|
1 day ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
3 weeks ago
I've got some testing done with this deck and have some feedback.
There's some sweet new cards to play with for this deck:
Wayward Swordtooth: gets you extra lands per turn like Minn and Denn. TappedOut says it's not legal, but that seems to be a glitch. It does not appear on any banlist anywhere.
Decimate and By Force: helps with board control
Hangarback Walker: pretty much a variant of Hooded Hydra.
Some cards I'd remove include:
Windswept Heath: even though it allows you to fetch Cinder Glade or Stomping Ground, there is more than enough other cards in the deck that do the same thing. In my opinion, I'd just swap it with a forest, to also keep costs down.
Amulet of Vigor: There's just not enough use cases for this. Sure it brings your tap lands in untapped, but that's all. Also another $8 cost reduction
Doubling Season: The only card I found while testing to use tokens was Hooded Hydra, and even then it only died once. Doubling Season is not necessary in this deck in regards to tokens, but counter doublers are. Though there are no replacements for Doubling Season that I can find, I would remove it if you want to try and keep costs down again.
Other than that, it's a very fun deck. It can hold its own against some more competitive decks, but at the same time be not unfun to play against.
3 weeks ago
You need Pyrohemia. It is the best enrage enabler, period. It also can wipe boards since most of your creatures are higher toughness than your opponents'.
I would replace Huatli, Warrior Poet with Huatli, Dinosaur Knight. I like Lightning Greaves a lot because it protects your big dino's from spot removal and gives them haste. I think the storage lands are too slow and would cut them for lands that are faster or have better effects. Path of Ancestry is pretty great in my Gishath deck. I don't have Decimate in my deck because if no opponents have artifacts or enchantments I am forced to destroy one of my own, which tend to be high impact. I like Hull Breach better. AEther Flash is an excellent card for your enrage dinos. It also shuts down decks that go wide with smaller creatures. Taurean Mauler is a great card and counts as a dino. Congregation at Dawn is great for stacking your deck for Gishath, Descendants' Path, and Herald's Horn.
I think your most cuttable creatures are Imperial Ceratops and Thrash of Raptors. I already mentioned the storage lands. Tbh your mana base could be sped up considerable but that can get very expensive very fast. Rogue's Passage is good for making sure Gishath hits.
4 weeks ago
Update: Cleared Maybeboard
As the Maybeboard cards from the original deck were already Mainboarded, I cleared it:
4 weeks ago
Hey! I saw your list on the FB group. Here is some feedback...
Since you a running green, you do not need mana rocks, rather, you need just get out your lands faster. Rocks can be destroyed, lands usually arent. As such, I suggest you remove the following...
Fork in the Road - There is much better ramp
Ground Assault - Much better removal
Slagstorm - See above
Sylvan Scrying - Gets you any land card, but since you don't run specialty lands like Cradle or Eye of Ugin, its best to replace this with better ramp
Blanchwood Armor - better in a mono green deck, also auras have the 2-1 issue (try to place aura on creature, they doomblade in response).
Vessel of Nascency - Weak card
Vessel of Volatility - Weak, nonrepeatable ramp
Pit Fight - Better versions of this card exist
Cards to put in Show
Cultivate - better ramp
Decimate - really good removal
Hull Breach - see above
Explosive Vegetation - better ramp
Kodama's Reach - see above
Nissa's Pilgrimage - see above
Rishkar's Expertise - Card draw and free stuff is cool
Skyshroud Claim - better ramp
Traverse the Outlands - Have a 6/6, Xenagos makes it 12/12, cast this, get 12 lands. Seems good.
Beast Within - PERMANENT REMOVAL IN GREEN!!!
Song of the Dryads - see above! (extra points if used on their commander)
Garruk, Primal Hunter - His -3 is like a Soul's majesty (similar to Rishkars expertise)
Greater Good - Card draw is always great
Malignus - Used to one shot an opponent with your commander
Tyrant's Familiar - speaks for itself
Thunderfoot Baloth - Trample is key!
I can give you more suggestions if you like. I see your deck is budget so feel free to ignore the more costly cards and put them in an acquireboard for trades/purchase later on.
1 month ago
First things first...Sakura-Tribe Elder and Sol Ring. By using Omnath, Locus of Rage with expensive dragons you want early and inexpensive ramp. Shaman of Forgotten Ways is also a great ramp for creature-heavy decks. I understand this aspires to be a budget deck so Burgeoning finds home here and not Exploration too. Take out Relentless Hunter for Rubblehulk. Take out Harbinger of the Hunt for Savage Ventmaw.
Zendikar's Roil is a bit slow and ineffective here as you don't focus on small tokens rather than big fat tokens from Omnath and creatures. Where Ancients Tread also finds home here it has won me lots of games (I also play EDH with this Omnath). Take out Peregrination for Cultivate it's essential to have cheap ramp spells. You can scry a lot more with Lifecrafter's Bestiary.
Wild Slash and Draconic Roar are awful in EDH. Instead have Comet Storm and perhaps Starstorm or Mizzium Mortars...Ground Assault, Hull Breach, Decimate and Vandalblast are all excellent removals for Gruul EDH.
In the end some good cards are: Elemental Bond for card draw. Rite of the Raging Storm which triggers both Elemental Bond,Omnath, Locus of Rage AND Where Ancients Tread. You can take out Revel of the Fallen God for it...it's not such a good card. Spellbreaker Behemoth to mess with those blue players out there. Gruul Turf, Naya Panorama, Terramorphic Expanse as for lands. Grave Sifter or Creeping Renaissance for turning the game to your advantage. And perhaps Mistcutter Hydra for a kill out of nowhere.
1 month ago
Captain_Shakespeare, thank you for all of your suggestions! Currently at this time I am not looking to make any changes to the build. I'll be sure to keep your recommendations in mind for future updates. As for Shamanic Revelation, it is in this build. I also have 11 cards that are used for draw in the deck. I don't feel it's too necessary to include more. I do run a side board that supports as a removal package. I'll include it in the list at some point in time. It includes the following: Acidic Slime, Beast Within, Chaos Warp, Decimate, Hull Breach, Krosan Grip, Pyroblast, Reclamation Sage, Red Elemental Blast and Song of the Dryads. Nonetheless, thank you for checking out my ARMAGEDDON build. I hope it didn't disappoint. It has been devastating within my playgroup.
feyn_do_alduin, your suggestions have always been much appreciated! You have been very resourceful when I first constructed A Michael Bay Film, Omnath: Age of Explosions! v3. With that being said, I removed such cards as Tireless Tracker, Genesis Wave, Boundless Realms, and Green Sun's Zenith to include my land destruction package. Those are great cards, no doubt! They just didn't fit the flavor of what I was trying to achieve this go around. Thank you again, for all of your help!
1 month ago
Realized that there were only eight non-creature spells in the deck. Cut 17 slivers and added 2 filling the deck with more support spells and a handfull of removal.
Plated Sliver, Sidewinder Sliver, Quilled Sliver, Shadow Sliver, Synchronous Sliver, Spectral Sliver, Mindwhip Sliver, Spitting Sliver, Heart Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Magma Sliver, Battering Sliver, Spinneret Sliver, Fungus Sliver, Spined Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Dormant Sliver
Expedition Map, Sol Ring, Training Grounds, Vandalblast, Chromatic Lantern, Urza's Incubator, Sphinx's Revelation, Door of Destinies, Tempt with Discovery, Supreme Verdict, Decimate, Unburial Rites, All Suns' Dawn, Obzedat's Aid, Tsabo's Decree, Austere Command, Akroma's Vengeance, Akroma's Memorial,