|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact, target creature, target enchantment, and target land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , coyler2016 , Willis1994 , metlguy , SoggyGecko , ZombieFood , Kvothe1115 , Ellyreia , pokemate0 , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , darthnuchi , Kravian , zn.tportlock , RPG_FOX , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , Reliva , AlucardZain , Razulghul , , gvlassek , rikertchu , mziter501 , bpiser95 , Lander , techneil , Kleptozaniac , bennybubbles , mandoso , ninjaclevs13 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Pumpkinking913 , sonnet666 , rockleemyhero|
|Want (42)||Njc12345 , Bluewolf_Sun , sleepy104 , Animale , LordTechnusMaster , Arekku , epic-jargon , fluffybunny35 , jonnyfive82 , MrSage , Verusor , pigtap , zn.tportlock , gusk001 , mango_channel , plumptons , PopeJonIII , coadster , Georgez96 , afeuling , absciss , Warxuaroz , Wolfninja , dougalops , WhipJr , kovellen , king0fclubs , Killingfool , obitus , Jdawn24 , agardels , dauid , houmbus , chucklebot , wegood456 , oswrick , RhobearST , SleepySushi , pmpott , AntiheroFOREVER , squirrel009 , Timishue|
4 days ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).
4 days ago
Hour of Promise can either grab the full Dark Depths combo, or it can grab Valakut + T-Stage, which gives you a lot of options. It can also pull out any other combination of helpful lands, like Glacial Chasm.
Constant Mists is a way to take advantage of your mass of lands, and can let you stay in the game far longer than you have any right to with this card.
Sylvan Library + Abundance is a pretty sweet little combo that lets you draw 3 cards per turn. Since Abundance "draw" triggers don't actually draw, but rather place the cards in your hand, as long as you trigger Abundance on all three Library triggers, you get to draw 3 cards. Both cards are obviously pretty good on their own too.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just a stupidly awesome power-house. Not only does he double your mana, but he shuts down your opponents plays for as long as he's in play.
Realm Seekers often comes down with 15+ +1/+1 counters and can single-handedly set up any land combo you want.
Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon are great for stalling out opponents. They have the side effect of turning off Valakut though. I run them in my R/G Borborygmos deck and they pay off more often than they mess you up.
Sylvan Safekeeper can help you keep your permanents safe while throwing lands in the yard for later use.
The main reason to run Boundless Realms is as a win-con once Valakut is in play. It can often give you enough bolts to take out all of your opponents.
5 days ago
Hey, this looks like a solid list so far, I like it, but there are a few things I highly recommend to make it much faster and more consistent
First off, I would highly recommend more card draw. I see you have some, but it could definitely use at least Rhystic Study and Sylvan Library. Those are possibly the best card draw engines in the format. Skullclamp also looks amazing in this deck.
Secondly, some more mana acceleration would greatly help the speed of the deck. I would recommend at the very least Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Bloom Tender, Mana Crypt, and Deathrite Shaman. Commander's Sphere, Thran Dynamo, Mana Vault, and Gilded Lotus also wouldn't hurt, but they aren't as essential.
I know they're not warriors and might seem kinda boring, but they are crucial to a successful deck. I would also recommend cutting the lands the enter the battlefield tapped in favor of all the fetchlands and original duals if you can afford them or can proxy them. Considering this optimized landbase, Farseek, Nature's Lore, and Skyshroud Claim all become viable options if you need them since they hit shocklands and the og duals as opposed to Cultivate and Harvest Season (though I don't think you really will need them).
As for cuts, at first glance, Archetype of Aggression doesn't seem overly strong considering the bulk of most of your creatures. Combat Celebrant seems redundant with Najeela, and Thrilling Encore is probably just better than Garna, the Bloodflame, but you might need to maintain your warrior count, you've done more testing than I with this deck, so that's up to you. Aggravated Assault seems unnecessary for the same reason as celebrant, but it's not even a warrior. Wretched Confluence is actually surprisingly weak, I'd recommend cutting that. Chance for Glory isn't really the greatest; it does nothing the vast majority of the game, sometimes all of the game. You're in blue, just run Time Warp if you want an extra turn. Kolaghan's Command is dissapointing in edh as compared to modern. If you're looking for something that hits multiple targets, you can run Decimate and Curtains' Call. I'd also recommend Austere Command for this. Noxious Revival seems kinda unnecessary for this kind of deck, but it's fine.
A few random suggestions to end off, I'd recommend at least having one or two emergency counterspells like Pact of Negation, Negate, and/or Disallow/Counterspell. I would also highly recommend a Craterhoof Behemoth. That thing slaughters people. Eldrazi Monument also seems great in this deck due to all the tokens you're generating.
Sorry, I know that's a lot more suggestions for additions than cuts, but that speaks to the power of the list you already have here. It's kinda tricky balancing the warrior count with other "better" options. Trust me, I played a Gishath, Sun's Avatar deck back when he was released, and keeping dino numbers high while trying to run as many cards that are just better was rough, but it can be done. Keep at it!
2 weeks ago
So I've played a decent amount of UR dragon, but am by no means an expert. Tuning up 5 colors decks full of 6 and 7 drops is not the easiest thing to do.
Your land count looks good. I like 39-40 for a deck like this. Your ramp count also looks good as you were north of 10 also good for a high curve deck like this. I do think your creature count is a bit high especially for higher curve deck. I generally aim for 22-30 with something like this, with 25 probably being the sweet spot.
Here are the cards that I don't like and would like to see cut. Birds of paradise - too fragile,
hornet queen off theme and not really necessary,
mirrorwing dragon just not built to take advantage of its ability,
Scourge of the throne its just never as good as you want it to be, rarely get more than 1 additional combat off of it,
Wasitora - you need to build around it for it to be good. not really good enough without support.
I would also cut Ramos and O-Kagachi, they are fun but you really need to build around them to make good use.
Cut creeping renaissance, we can find better things.
fist of suns - it doesn't help much in this deck because of the eminence ability.
So Ive cut 9 cards
Heres what I would add
Blasphemous Act - more board wipes are good
Living Death - it doubles as a board wipe and as a reanimation card, be careful tho, it will give and it will take.
Rise of the Dark Realms is also good if theres a lot of removal in your meta, but not entirely necessary. Great card though.
Mirari's Wake - the mana doubling will be fantastic.
Kindred Discovery can draw lots of cards.
at least one of these to protect your stuff.
Scourge of Valkas is really good you should add that back in
Maybe - keep an eye on these, cut if they underperform Taigam dragon master - keep an eye on it could be useful for the ramp
Hellkite Charger - i don't think I've ever seen anyone actually be able to pay for that ability over the years.
Intet the Dreamer - not the most practical, but its a fun card.
Bower passage - you only need this if your opponents use a lot of flying. flying is generally uncommon in commander, so much of the time it won't be necessary. maybe have it as a sb option.
I am cutting some creatures from your deck, which means higher likelihood of missing with Selvalas Stampede, just keep an eye on it.
4 weeks ago
@Unceasing I can definitely understand why that's a thing to worry about similar to something like Decimate where you have to have those targets, the thing about Gruesome Menagerie is that it does not target. So if I have 3 Plaguecrafter in my yard an my opponent somehow gets rid of 2 of them as I cast Menagerie I can still get the 3rd one back since it doesn't get anything back until it resolves! It's really an amazing and slightly stupid card, but it's not Rally the Ancestors so I'm happy.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
All: Mirrorpool Sea Gate Wreckage Worn Powerstone Mind Stone Hedron Archive Rogue's Passage Ashnod's Altar Swiftfoot Boots Blue: Insidious Will Neurok Stealthsuit Kefnet's Monument Green: Zendikar Resurgent Manglehorn Rhonas's Monument Red: Word of Seizing Mana Geyser Hazoret's Monument White: Oketra's Monument Black: Bontu's Monument Razaketh's Rite Green/Black: Creakwood Liege Golgari Signet Green/Blue: Murkfiend Liege Simic Signet Green/White: Dromoka's Command Selesnya Signet Red/Green: Decimate Gruul Signet Red/Blue: Izzet Signet
1 month ago
You're missing the core of a lands deck to play lots of lands with things like Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Exploration, Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Oracle of Mul Daya, Storm Cauldron, Wayward Swordtooth, and Burgeoning. Also, recursion from Crucible of Worlds, and more lands that sacrifice. These will be much stronger than the typical ramp cards you are playing like Birds of Paradise and Sylvan Caryatid and Chromatic Lantern.
Rather than all the mana doubling effects that help your opponents, just play Mana Reflection and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Mirari and Wort, the Raidmother can help copy spells. You might as well add in some good removal like Decimate, Windgrace's Judgment, and Lavalanche to copy. You might have too many spells that just copy spells though.
I would cut Doubling Season and all the planeswalkers since they don't contribute much to that strategy.