|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Song of Freyalise
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
, — Until your next turn, creatures you control gain ": Add one mana of any color."
— Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. Those creatures gain vigilance, trample, and indestructible until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Song of Freyalise Discussion
9 hours ago
Vraska, Scheming Gorgon doesn't work in standard simply for the fact that it's 6 mana and takes 4 turns for you to use it's ultimate. But since you want to use it, ill give some suggestions.
Get out of blue as you are only using it for Wall of Mist, Open into Wonder, Cancel and Unwind. It's not strong enough to be splashing blue. That gives you 12 slots to fill.
Old-Growth Dryads is a terrible card. Yes its 3/3 for 2, but it ramps your opponents and helps them get ahead. Ramunap Hydra is a cool card, but is reliant on how your deck plays. Some deserts hurt you simply because they enter tapped and set you back a turn. Song of Freyalise although ramps you, it's slow in this deck and slow in the meta. I would cut all 3 cards for other cards that speed you up and get to end game better.
Gift of Strength is a worse Blossoming Defense. Defense is more versatile and stops opponents from using spot removal on your key creatures.
I realize this is a complete overhaul but I believe my suggestions will help. Llanowar Elves does for you, what you would be doing for your opponents with Old-Growth Dryads. It ramps and helps you get out a kicked Untamed Kavu or Vraska, Scheming Gorgon quicker. 2 Druid of the Cowl to help get to 6 mana quicker.
I'm suggesting tokens/saprolings because of the ultimate Vraska, Scheming Gorgon has. It adds chump blockers to save Vraska, and offers a go wide strategy. Slimefoot, the Stowaway helps you add value on your little guys dying, and adds a mana sink if you have no play. Saproling Migration adds a turn 2 option and has kicker to make 4 tokens if you need it. Spore Swarm just adds more creature count.
I'm leaving 1 Song of Freyalise as it does ramp you up, but isn't fast enough to rely on. Its a win more card in my head. Only helps when you are winning games but is dead when you aren't
If you want to stay in blue. Opt for cheap draw. Omenspeaker over Wall of Mist. Aether Tunnel or Ghostform over Open Into Wonder depending on what you want more. Cut Unwind for Opt and switch Cancel with 2 Negate and 1 Essence Scatter.
Ravenous Chupacabra is also another card you should consider.
3 days ago
If you want to see more consistency, I would suggest the following changes:
1) Implement a sideboard
2) Move Reclamation Sage to the side board, it is ok to have a single one main, but it is very underwhelming when it has no targets.
3) I think Nissa, Vital Force is better in the sideboard and best brought in against control.
4) Vivien Reid is a great mainboard card and up her to at least 2 of.
5) Adventurous Impulse should be a 4 of main deck because it is never a bad top deck and is very good early game at finding your next land or finding your next creature. It smooths out the curve.
6) Greenwheel Liberator is very underwhelming in this particular build because it is harder for you to trigger Revolt yourself. Whereas Narnam Renegade is very good because of the keyword "Deathtouch" and is only 1 CMC.
7) I think Song of Freyalise is underwhelming because it takes a while for it to "Go Off" and you really aren't ramping to anything that costs that much. Maybe move it down to a 1 or 2 of.
8) I like Lifecrafter's Bestiary but move it to the sideboard and side in against midrange and control. You want to be fast and hit the ground and go very wide.
9) Your listed "Maybeboard" has some good cards, in particular, the one that stands out as the best option is Heroic Intervention and it should be in your deck, somewhere in the 75. At least a 1 or 2 of in the sideboard. Shapers' Sanctuary is a great card for this type of build, if you can fit some number after all is said in done, I would say 1 or 2 of would be best fit for it somewhere in the 75.
10) I also would like to see some number of Blossoming Defense in the deck. It does not have to be a 4 of. But maybe a 2 of somewhere in the 75. Just don't know if I like it in the maindeck or not.
That's what I got for now. Best of luck.
4 days ago
Thank you t3hdarkness for your insight first of all. I would also like to mention that I do still have some cards on order, Sword of Feast and Famine,Hazezon Tamar, are just a couple I can name off the top of my head.
When initially building the deck I didn't want to make it a combo deck, however I didn't realize how easy it is to just combo off and win. I was debating whether I wanted to put Cryptolith Rite in the deck, but Song of Freyalise is also another good choice.
And lastly as far as the wrath effect cards go, I would like to personally thank you for bringing a card like Aligned Hedron Network to my attention. Had no idea this card existed and I love it. I was also planning on taking Play of the Game out for Merciless Eviction. I just had to order it because I didn't want to take it out of my other deck. The same is true for replacing Wrath of God for Austere Command.
I fully intend to make necessary changes, and hope that I can rely on your knowledgeable feedback again.
5 days ago
I've been playing against Najeela quite a bit recently. Some of your choices don't really seem to synergize with your deck.
For Example; Wrath of God, Play of the Game, and Cataclysmic Gearhulk hit your field just as hard as the hit your opponents. Cards like Aligned Hedron Network, Austere Command, Hour of Reckoning, or Merciless Eviction will allow you to carve your field wiping to primarily benefit you.
Since you are already running Druids' Repository I'm guessing your group allows infinite combos. With all of the enchantment tutoring you have, you might want to add Cryptolith Rite or Song of Freyalise and Reconnaissance.
Red_X on Holy lands
5 days ago
So, you're running a bunch of cards that benefit from having a lot of small creatures (Benalish Marshal, Song of Freyalise), but you don't really have any cards that put a lot of creatures on the board to successfully use them. Any 2 for one creature production cards are going to help you, and cards like Call the Cavalry and Regal Caracal are pretty budget and get the job done. A lot of token support is rotating, so there'll be slimmer pickings than before. I would cut some of your payoff cards to make room for them, along with Helm of the Host (too much mana for a not fantastic effect), Gilded Lotus (ramping from 5 to 8 is not that fantastic), and overwhelming splendor (control decks and aggro don't care about it, and those are what you're going to have the most trouble with). Like the idea
1 week ago
I thought about Song of Freyalise for ramp, but I think it isn't that good.
Radiant Destiny sounds interesting.
I will link a just white version this week.