|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Common|
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal those cards, and put one onto the battlefield tapped and the other into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
HobbyGamer007 Thank you for your time and effort, i'll go through every card now.
- Woolly Razorback: I know, I usually had it in here as another Plan B if Arcades gets too much hate but it's proven itself worthless and it will be exchanged.
- Counter: I know they are not the best and I'll replace them with some of you suggestions maybe, also probably Cyclonic Rift and Stifle
- Cultivate will be replaced with Farseek and i can't part with my japanese Skyshroud Claim i pulled in a Battlebond booster while I was in Tokyo. I know it's not the fastest but I also like Lands more than mana dorks because creatures die a lot faster in ouf group.
- Nature's Claim is a great card and it will replace Disenchant
- Don't underestimate Shield Wall and Steadfastness (the other mentioned cards are way worse). Normally I have 5-6 defender on the battlefield with an avg. toughness of 5, that's 25/30 strenght + one of the instants its 35-45 strenght which is normally enough to kill an opponent. Those cards often gave me the 1-2 extra damage I needed to kill.
- Disallow I like it because it gives versatility, but could be replaced with Stifle
- Dispel is very narrow and wasn't very usefull, could also be replaced
- Reality Shift is nice, probably switch Pongify for it
- Dorks: as I said, I don't really like dorks, maybe Noble Hierarch and/or Birds of Paradise will find a slot some day
- Signets are great to get the commander faster, depending on where I want to go with it
- Muddle the Mixture I don't really have any crucial 3 cmc cards in the deck yet
- Mystical Tutor great and could search Tower Defense for example but I don't think it is mach needed yet
- Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile are very nice I look if I can get my hands one one, but without lifegain I prefer Mirri's Guile
For the lands, they are very good and I mentioned a lot of them under the "Fast Mana Base" tab. But I initially tried to keep the deck on a budget also because I think a lot of people following the deck will do. Nonetheless I increasingly wish for cards like Strip Mine in my deck. So I'll probably add one or two in the future. Also I'd probably add Adarkar Wastes and Brushland.
Thank you again for your suggestions and I'm happy that you took the time to comment on my deck to show me good improvements for my existing cards!
2 days ago
Viscera Seer is an excellent 1-drop sac outlet that lets you manipulate your draw, very useful if you're digging for an answer.
Not sure exactly how budget you're going for, but Nether Traitor is a relatively inexpensive card with a powerful recursion effect.
Skullclamp gives you absolutely stupid card advantage while also providing synergy with your list.
Ashnod's Altar is a must for token EDH. Sac outlet, ramp, and interacts well with what your deck is trying to do.
Good old Cultivate is super useful for ramp and mana fixing; I'd actually push this one since your list is budget and you don't have access to the best landbase.
Also, I see these are already on your maybeboard, but I'd stress the power level/effectiveness to these; Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Solemn Simulacrum, Birthing Pod, Arguel's Blood Fast Flip, and Dictate of Erebos.
2 days ago
I'm seeing two main problems with the deck. The first and easily fixable thing is to shift away from ramp options like Llanowar Elves and move more towards land-based ramp such as Rampant Growth, Cultivate, and Kodama's Reach. Lands in general are much less susceptible to removal so your investment will be more secure. The first time someone casts a board wipe your creature-based ramp is gone, so it's better to stick with land or artifact ramp when possible because board wipes happen often in commander.
The second and largest issue is that I see almost zero ways to protect your board. Any deck that focuses largely on permanents (creatures in particular) needs to have at least 5-7 cards dedicated to making sure your permanents stick around. Simple things like Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots can protect your commander, but I strongly recommend cards like Heroic Intervention, Rootborn Defenses, Eerie Interlude, Teferi's Protection, and similar cards that can save your board from a massive wipe or a relevant spot removal spell. These cards can and will make the difference between conceding to control and making the control player rethink their decisions.
Hope this helps!
3 days ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
4 days ago
Your curve is pretty high so I recommend ramp spells like Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim and Cultivate, otherwise it's going to take too long until you have enough mana. Benefaction of Rhonas is bad here, 3 mana to cycle to a creature pretty much. Conqueror's Pledge might be fun. Song of Freyalise could help get some more mana
6 days ago
Hey, looking at your list, it is clearly higher budget than my list. SO keep that in mind if you compare it to mine, because cards like Asceticism and Demonic Tutor and stuff are definitely great inclusions.
Just looking at your list however, it does seem like you are fairly light on card draw. I have found that card draw is probably the single most important thing in a game of EDH, and I think most players would agree with me. Since you are going tall with your creatures by using +1/+1 counters, consider cards like Soul's Majesty and Rishkar's Expertise which draw you cards based on the strength of your greatest creature. Tezzeret's Gambit is also really good, and I personally run Ob Nixilis Reignited for repeated card draw and removal (which you also seem to be a little lacking on).
Another thing is that your mana base seems a little stretched by running all four of the depletion lands (Peat Bog, Saprazzan Skerry, etc) as well as all four of the filter lands (Mystic Gate, Fetid Heath, etc). If this mana base has been working for you no problem, then stick with it. However, if it is has been playing a little slow, consider getting rid of a few of the depletion lands for some faster lands like shocks or fetch lands (Verdant Catacombs, Overgrown Tomb, etc. These cards are out of my price range personally). You can also probably cut two lands since 35-37 is the normal amount, and slot in both a Cultivate and a Kodama's Reach which are both phenomenal ramp spells in green.
There also seems to be some confusion over the theme of your deck, I would try to focus it more in the +1/+1 counter aspect of the deck. Cards like Sterling Grove, Suppression Field, and Muldrotha, the Gravetide don't really help your strategy that well and I think you would find your deck is able to interact more if you slotted in removal spells like Cyclonic Rift, Anguished Unmaking, Return to Dust, Swords to Plowshares, and Path of Exile to name a few. I would also consider cutting Argivian Find and Flash for some of the cards in your maybeboard like Reyhan, Last of the Abzan and Kalonian Hydra. Some other cuts that I think would be good is getting rid of Verdant Force and Predator Ooze since three green devotion is a lot in 4 colors and they have low impact for their relative costs and speeds. Lastly, if you are going to include Pir, Imaginative Rascal, you really need to include Toothy, Imaginary Friend since drawing either of them tutors the other and Toothy, Imaginary Friend also fixes some of your card draw problem.
I hope this helps you at least a little bit, and I hope you continue enjoying the game and format! Feel free to message me if you want additional advice or have questions; or to ignore me if you don't care. Best of luck!
1 week ago
My initial thought upon looking over this list, is that you have a good focus on ramp, to continually help you regurgitate crap back out. But you don't have Zendikar Resurgent in the build. Seems like a shoe in to me, as you have green access.
I would also go with less Cultivate spells and more Burnished Hart type of land ramp as you would keep the deck synergy cranking along. You already have Solemn Simulacrum in the build. Maybe Expedition Map to help you get those lands you need like Cabal Coffers and urborg?
Muldrotha is a fun general. I would just advise to go as heavy into permanents as possible. Maybe sorcery and instant spells sometimes have a "on-a-stick" counterpart that can accomplish what the spell would do, plus it is a permanent. Just something to think about as you expand and update iterations.