|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal those cards, and put one onto the battlefield tapped and the other into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
7 hours ago
Ima try to not mention anything already in your deck or already mentioned by our friend above, but forgive me if I repeat anything.
Bear Umbra (You can swing with Omnath then pump him up with your untapped lands before damage goes through. Sick stuff)
Frontier Siege (2 mana on both first and second main phase is just 4 mana every turn for our friend. Very cheap and way better than I thought it would be. Just don't pick dragons on accident, even though dragons are neat)
Gaea's Touch (Basically free)
Garruk Wildspeaker (Costs two if you use his +1 the turn he comes in)
Gauntlet of Power (doubles your opponent's lands too, so watch out! Fun for political stuff in multiplayer though)
Mana Vault (One of those cards)
Nature's Lore (Comes in untapped! This makes it free with any mana doubler or land enchantment. Also costs like 50 cents or something)
Nissa, Worldwaker (actually costs one mana if you have 4 forests, just can't play it till later obvi)
Seedborn Muse (Even more disgusting in multiplayer)
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds (Double Omnath for (G) is pretty good)
Skyshroud Claim (Again, comes in untapped, and is a cheap card. Seriously recommend this one)
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger (Might make everyone hate you forever, but it is pretty damn good)
Most of this is just off of my Usually Not Voltron Omnath EDH if you wanna take a look at anything for ideas, though I think our decks may have slightly different goals in mind. Happy ramping!
1 day ago
Try running Viridian Emissary over the primal druids. They stomp on aggro like no one's business, which is exactly what this deck needs. Sylvan Primordial is a pretty brutal top end for a ramp deck, and adds some more removal. I would slot those in for the eldrazi you are currently running. I also like Sakura-Tribe Elder over the mystics for a heavier ramp strat like this, as you can block and then sac them to prevent some damage and still get your land, but thats a little more on personal choice. Mwonvuli Acid-Moss can be an allstar in a deck like this, especially if your friends build around powerful lands like Emeria, or have mutlicolor decks built on shoestring budgets, where a single land destruction effect can potentially screw them for several turns. The bridges are probably better served as Primal Command, and i'm not completely sold on the glade watchers, although they are one of your better stall pieces. If you run the Commands, Den Protector or the less budget Eternal Witness become amazing becuase you can loop your commands and force them to draw dead for 4 turns in a row by choosing to put a land on top and fetch another recursion piece, getting the command back into your hand, etc. Harrow is strictly better than natural connection, and you really want Kodama's Reach or Cultivate, despite them being a little less budget. The renewal is fine as a two of, but the expedition and the awakening should probably go for better ramp. What you want on top really depends on what you expect this to be playing against, but the primordial is a great place to start. For inspiration, look at mono-green edh lists here on tappedout and see what weird and janky stuff they have going on that you like.
1 day ago
Love Xira just never gotten a chance to build her, kudos for going the tribal route.
In janky/tribal decks I always enjoy sticking in relevant Theros gods (it's the block I began playing MTG) to add some relevant diversity. Nylea, God of the Hunt gives everyone trample and pump, Purphoros, God of the Forge every creature is a fire ant, and Erebos, God of the Dead is good card draw.
2 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
4 days ago
I would high suggest you run some more ramp cards in the sorcery slot kinda helps smooths out hands like:Kodama's Reach,Nature's Lore,Cultivate,Tempt with Discovery, Search for Tomorrow, Explore and maybe Three Visits if you feel like droping 60 bucks on a different Nature's Lore. lol don't worry just joking about that last one. But other than that you got a pretty good creature base as it seems. Awesome Deck! Love me some GW stompy!
6 days ago
so i've looked at all your ideas and suggestions, thanks a lot btw. and have made a few changes based on what kind of style i like to play:
Still looking to add Concordant Crossroads to be able to drop a bunch of creatures and end the game, but also Heroic Intervention to protect against mass removal, or simply adding a potentially ''free'' boardclear, and finally Scryb Ranger to untap selvala. Any suggestions what to move?
6 days ago
Just some random thoughts, sorry for the disorder. I don't really have time to organize this atm.
You're extremely light on way to interact with _non_creatures. You're gonna feel real silly as a green deck when you're facing an Asceticism and you don't have so much as a Reclamation Sage to deal with one enchantment. Consider taking out the tapping subtheme and adding Decimate, Beast Within, Hull Breach, or similar cards. Get Cyclonic Rift in there too. You need Turn to Frog much less than more noncreature interaction. Most any creature you can target, you can steal, one way or another, and the ones you can't probably aren't numerous enough to make Turn to Frog worth it.
17/39 is a lot of etb tapped lands. Try to replace some guildgates and Smoldering Crater at least, swap them for untapped dual lands, or conditionally untappeds or basics. I would guess that, while also etb tapped, the U and G vivid lands would serve better than guildgates. High Market has great utility with your gameplan. Opal Palace is possible, it helps with Yasova's power.
FYI, you can tag cards into multiple categories, so Helm of Possession, Grab the Reins, and Demonmail Hauberk can both go under Sacrificing as well. You might want even more sac outlets and fewer steal effects. Your general gives you the second but not the first, so the rest of your deck should provide more of the first and less of the second to ensure you have one of each every turn. It seems like you can do better than Barrin, Master Wizard. What about Ooze Garden? There's always the classics Fling and Birthing Pod.
You need card draw too, and a generous amount. A hand with 4 Threaten effects is a lot worse than one with 3 threaten effects and a Harmonize. At the very least, no Tibalt please. He doesn't even count as a steal effect, he's too slow for that. Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, and Treasure Cruise are all options. Skullclamp can turn your enemy's dorks into cards for you, or just pump up Yasova and give her death insurance. Add some more like Elvish Mystic of your own for more consistency out of the clamp. Life's Legacy and Momentous Fall do double duty. If Yasova is out, Life's Legacy is probably better than a hand of three threatens.
Under your ramp package, Temur Banner should be Commander's Sphere and Nissa's Pilgrimage should be Cultivate to fix your colors. You've got a pretty high curve, so adding even more ramp and bringing down the curve would help. Better to play a spell with 80% power than have a 100% power spell stuck in hand for three turns. Think about exchanging Clone Legion, Nissa's Renewal, and one of the expensive threaten effects with Rampant Growth, Farseek, and Primal Growth which gives another sac outlet. With more cheap fixing, you can run more basics, and therefor fewer etb tapped lands.
Rancor is nice for helping the general, much more efficient than Incremental Growth I think. Stormsurge Kraken seems pretty intimidating but it doesn't advance the gameplan and Yasova herself is pretty easy to remove.
6 days ago
Hi, nice deck! I like the theme. I've got a few suggestions, if they're not what you're looking for pay me no mind.
35 lands and average CMC 4 seems low, even counting the emerge effect. There are still more good budget lands available: Temple of the False God, Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse, (which are probably better than Foul Orchard, but I don't know if that's included for flavor) and Drownyard Temple which synergizes with self-mill and fits in Innistrad flavor too. There's hardly any ramp here, what about Rampant Growth, Cultivate, etc?
Draw looks really light too, especially for UBG. I don't know if you are bound to flavor to the point of rejecting good ol' Concentrate, but we can find some on theme things like Treasure Cruise that appreciate the milling. Ancient Craving at least sounds like eldritch horror, and Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, and Sign in Blood all sort of work too. Sift seems better than Amass the Components since you'd rather discard than put to bottom, though Sift has no flavor.
As for what to take out that I haven't mentioned, what catches my eye as not pulling their weight are Altar of the Brood (without an infinite combo this will just help opponents), Enlightened Maniac (low impact, no graveyard synergy), Ludevic's Test Subject Flip (slow), Geralf's Masterpiece, Momir Vig, Simic Visionary (not a huge number of triggers for him, the only other blue AND green creature is Sidisi), and Brood Monitor (Nice with blink effects but you haven't any).