|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool. ( represents colourless mana.)
, : Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||Mousemke , Dsmonsta , ztanos , pokemate0 , aeonstoremyliver , , DFDGamer|
|Want (5)||LinkOpensChest_wav , rikimaru188 , THP88 , Ariumlegion , mlouden03|
Seer's Lantern Discussion
2 months ago
You have 34 lands and only 4 rocks. I'd work on that manabase - generally the average deck should run 40 mana producing lands, and you can reduce it by 1 for each Rock you have. Dimir Cluestone Seer's Lantern and Commander's Sphere aren't the best rocks either. Maybe Gilded Lotus or a Thran Dynamo would be good. Coalition Relic and others are better choices than the rocks you have, imho.
If you like the Longbow, also check out Neko-Te - longbow does 1 damage to a creature, Neko-te makes that creature no longer untap.
Also Quietus Spike may be worth having being creature heavy.
Thought of adding something like Vela the Night-Clad?
3 months ago
Fine deck! I see you have plan to win a game at least. And i see you love the vanilla creatures much.
When i first saw Resolute Blademaster, i was inspired to to make a deck on it, but failed when discover that have no card draw in commons. I want to make some suggestions to your deck through.
Also, Soltari Visionary cold be cool removal considering double strike.
Skirk Commando can triggered twice and kill creatures that player wont used as blockers
Some cantrip mana artifacts can give you buff at the start and let play Resolute Blademaster turn earlier, but in late game you can draw cards instead of them to play something else: Boros Cluestone, Commander's Sphere, Mind Stone
3 months ago
WalkingIllusion The infect stuff was based on the idea that I can use recurrsion to keep using them to drop infect counters on people and the creatures could just walk in. But I did pull all but Inkmoth nexus (because I can use it with hatred to instakill a player if needed) and a Phyrexian Juggernaut (which would work sweet with Blade of Selves and the Mirage Mirror to take out multiple people at once). Blightsteel Colossus is listed but I'm actually running the Darksteel Colossus instead because Blightsteel colossus is kinda boring to play. I may go back to an infect version but I'm liking the direction this is going now. As for your counterspells suggestion, I need to decide if I'm going with cheap CMC counters or some of the bigger ones.
jpsuchecki So Skeleton Shard is a good idea - need to fig out what to replace. Buried Ruin will go in and replace another land - I also have Academy Ruins which is sweet, but more ways to pull from my graveyard gives me more of an excuse to run Codex Shredder ;) Command Tower - not sure how I didn't add that. And probably Command Beacon too since Vela isn't cheap to cast. Rhystic Study... I.. want to add it... but i always want to add it... but "didja pay yer 1?? didja pay yer 1??" really starts to annoy my local group ;)
3 months ago
4 months ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
4 months ago
Sweet! I think Rashmi and Etali will be great friends! Did they tell you this is a 2DH 2HG buld? You have a few cards over 2 bucks right now. The Crystal Ball, Darksteel Pendant, Seer's Lantern will fit perfectly here and also be amazing for picking Etali bombs. Also, maybe run a few extra bombs for the Etali, Primal Storm triggers. Check out my build Etali 2DH which is set to private right now (I gave you access) so the other teams can't see my super secret 2HG tech!
5 months ago
ah. an artifact land destruction goblin deck. interesting. and with early game relying on discarding to get ahead. here are a few cards from another goblin artifact player.
Rummaging Goblin a good early card for draw and discarding.
Tamiyo's Journal doubles as both an artifact generator, a card ramper, and a tutor.
Goblin Kaboomist an artifact ramper which can also hinder ground attackers. just make sure to give him a shield or buff him so he don't blow himself to hell.
Krark-Clan Stoker an easy way to get more mana by sacking artifacts or artifact tokens.
Survey the Wreckage a land destruction with a free goblin token.
Seer's Lantern another mana rock with scrying. to get what you want easier.
Elaborate Firecannon a shooting artifact that encourages discarding.
Darksteel Ingot can't have an artifact deck without one of these.
Trading Post a multipurpose artifact with many uses.
Junk Diver kill/sack it to bring back an important artifact.
9 months ago
Well if no one else mentions it i will...
Scry effects tend to only reach the shallow top of the deck in modern, while cards that don't allow you to "put on the bottom of your library" di a lot deeper.
Cards like Index, Sage of Epityr are both pretty good cards.
They are as good as scrying, if you have a good number of fetch lands in the deck since you will get what you need from your stacked deck, then shuffle away the rest - the drawback is that too much fetch lands will make you trade between shuffling away wanted cards or playing lands on curve.
Is there a reason why no one mentions Counterbalance?
We have SOME pseudo Sensei's Divining Tops, like Crystal Ball, Hedron Alignment, Riddleform, Darksteel Pendant, Seer's Lantern, Descendant of Soramaro.Its worth it if we are able to float a 1 and a 2 cmc card on the top 3. that allows countering most removal and hate cards (not to mention dealing with stuff like affinity) - and wins counter wars by countering the cheap counters the opponent plays.
In my humble opinion Crystal Ball > Nissa, Steward of Elements, since it allows tinkering with the library at instant speed, thus facilitates Counterbalance.
And any and all instant speed scry AND DRAW effects are really potent with miracles - cards like Condescend are worth casting for X=0