|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Flooded Strand: Search your library for a Plains or Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (15)||x_Tetris_Dude_x , BlackShads , lorddarkstar , ORNAMENT , snip102 , personwhoplays , scotteiro , Haldarr , the_moonshiner , Illhavethesoup , yewminyst81 , Shaggy2cul , MTG_Optometry , Forkbeard , mikegioia|
Flooded Strand Discussion
3 weeks ago
Frozen AEther has very little synergy with the rest of the deck
Greater Auramancy the card is good and great enchantment protection but it is not needed here
Burnished Hart maybe, good ramp for your colors, but is just a maybe
Solemn Simulacrum very good, but I think you can have a better card in the spot, no real way to abuse/recure him
1 month ago
- Taurean Mauler : He big mean and super easy to block. Even though he is technically an angel, he lacks the power most other angles have. Very little way to give trample.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : Six CMC fetch an equipment and cheat it out to battlefield, seems good and has combo potential. However, is a dead card early game when needing equipment to protect and generate value. Maby? Still very torn over cutting this card.
- Spinerock Knoll : Hard to activate and never have the mana open to activate it when needed. Most of the time it hit a low CMC card and it not very useful.
- Rugged Prairie : More room for Basic/Fetch.
- Clifftop Retreat : More room for Basic/Fetch.
- Inkmoth Nexus : Only man-land in the deck to equip and swing almost never comes up and only killed with this little guy once. Low performance.
- Dockside Extortionist : Good for huge burst of mana, easily fetched with the two Recruiter. Can easily allow me to make a massive threat early.
- Steelshaper's Gift : Early tutor for equipment allowing for more equipment that is useful in times of need.
- Flooded Strand : More fetch to reduce deck size.
- Wooded Foothills : More fetch to reduce deck size.
- Slayers' Stronghold : Way to give Vigilance and haste.
- Mountain : More Basic due to reduce red sources.
1 month ago
Argy well I'm really wanting to be apart of something other than commander. Modern seemed way to expensive to get into definitely with everyone telling me I needed to get cards like Flooded Strand and Misty Rainforest which is a little rich for my blood, and clearly Oko, Thief of Crowns is chokong out standard.
I'll be honest I don't completely understand pioneer, but what I can gather is that its like modern just with more recent sets. If there are format rules I don't know them. Is there away I can convert my Angelic Gift of Grace standard deck to pioneer??
1 month ago
i agree with keevel Darkness works well 1 mana to buy you another turn.
also you do not necessarily need to be limited by your on colour fetch lands, running a couple of Flooded Strand could up your landfall triggers and thin your deck, using them to tutor for just the basic island or the watery grave.
Shelldock Isle may be a slower land but it can really help when their deck is low and you are running out of steam.
Mind Funeral i would fill out your playset as they are extremely potent against most modern decks with all their fetch lands. For example my modern deck plays 19 lands of which 7 are fetch lands. by turn 3 it is possible that excluding any mill you have done my land count could be as low as 13!
1 month ago
Roon is the engine of the deck, but he's a five drop which makes the engine pretty slow without more ramp. Consider adding more low mana cost 1-3 CMC ramp?
- Sol Ring
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Kiora's Follower : untap a land, Roon, mana dork, mana rock or another creature.
- Faeburrow Elder
- Fellwar Stone
- Springbloom Druid
- Risen Reef
- Wood Elves
Roon can benefit from cards that can untap a creature giving you more activations of his blink ability.
There's several budget lands to consider adding to upgrade the manabase.
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ash Barrens
- Bant Panorama
- Seaside Citadel
- Prairie Stream : Flooded Strand can search for it.
- Canopy Vista : Strand and Wood Elves can search for it.
- Sunpetal Grove
- Fortified Village
- Port Town
- Scattered Groves : Strand and Wood can search for it.
- Irrigated Farmland : Strand can search for it.
Command Tower is a budget staple of multicolored decks. Dual lands that have interaction with basic lands are good when playing a lot of basic lands.
Budget tutors can help to search for an put a certain creature into your hand or onto the battlefield. These tutors let you play less high mana cost creatures instead use a tutor to search for one when you have to the mana to cast it.
If you like any of these suggestions then I offer more advice about what to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Wow, lots of good card here. It's not every day I see a Candelabra of Tawnos :)
I don't think you're taking enough advantage of having a sac outlet in the Command Zone. Grimgrin's no mana cost sac is his strongest ability.
- Undead Augur > Walking Corpse
- Midnight Reaper > Graveshifter
- Diregraf Captain > Gravedigger
- Plague Belcher > Ingenious Infiltrator
- Relentless Dead > Tattered Mummy
These Zombies give you value when another Zombie dies, when one is saced by Grimgrin.
Some other upgrades to consider:
- Brainstorm > Divination
- Ponder > Scour All Possibilities
- Phyrexian Altar > Ashnod's Altar
- Necropotence > Gruesome Fate
- Diabolic Intent > Grave Betrayal
- Buried Alive > Witchbane Orb
- Reanimate > Return from Extinction
- Animate Dead > Finale of Eternity
- Cyclonic Rift > Kindred Dominance
- Counterspell > Exclude
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier > Risen Executioner
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel > Necromaster Dragon
- Apprentice Necromancer > Graveshifter
- Carrion Feeder > Stronghold Assassin
Black is too important of the color to have in the early game because the majority of Zombies are black not blue. 10x Island is a lot I suggest cutting lots of Islands and replacing them with other playable Dimir dual lands.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Scour All Possibilities
- Gruesome Fate
- Return from Extinction
- Walking Corpse
- Tattered Mummy
- Ingenious Infiltrator
- Stronghold Assassin
- Necromaster Dragon
- Argentum Armor
- Door of Destinies
- Grave Betrayal
- Finale of Eternity
- Kindred Dominance
- Ashnod's Altar
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
First 5 additions:
2 months ago
Duals Volcanic Island , Plateau , Tundra > fetches Scalding Tarn , Arid Mesa , Flooded Strand > shocks Steam Vents , Sacred Foundry , Hallowed Fountain > rainbows Mana Confluence , City of Brass , Tarnished Citadel
Good mana bases are expensive; basically, if something is out of budget look at the next thing. :) hope this helps some.
Flooded Strand occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.77%
WU (Azorius): 22.83%
All decks: 1.5%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.19%
WU (Azorius): 1.9%
GU (Simic): 0.63%
WUB (Esper): 1.25%
UBR (Grixis): 0.59%
GWU (Bant): 1.25%
BUG (Sultai): 0.84%