|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Polluted Delta: Search your library for an Island or Swamp card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Polluted Delta Discussion
1 hour ago
For the lands, since you don't want to spend money on Flooded Strand, Hallowed Fountain, Polluted Delta or Mystic Gate, I think you have chosen the best ones.
Then, I'd remove Think Twice and add Serum Visions, reduce up to 2 Supreme Verdict (put another one in side maybe) and add some Mana Leak (Remand and Cryptic Command would be other good counters, but they are too expensive, right?).
I'm not sure how Sphinx's Revelation could be a win-con. Having more life than an opponent (and less cards in the deck!) isn't always synonym of victory. Then just one Elspeth, Sun's Champion isn't enough. What if an opponent maages to kill her?
I really can't understand why Esper Charm is there: probably you won't need it's first ability since you have counters (and cards in sideboard), second ability is just and Opt or Serum Visions that costs too much and third is, basically, Inquisition of Kozilek or even Castigate / Thoughtseize / Raven's Crime that needs 3 specifical mana to be used.
Secure the Wastes is a win-con if used in token decks that use also Intangible Virtue, Honor of the Pure, Zealous Persecution and Vault of the Archangel. Now it's used only as a 1/1 creature spammer.
I'll also consider Gideon, Ally of Zendikar or Gideon of the Trials as an alternative win-con.
As for the sideboard I'll just give you some ideas: Tormod's Crypt (if you can afford it maybe also better a Relic of Progenitus or Rest in Peace); 1x Supreme Verdict (if you reduce them up to 2 in main); Kataki, War's Wage or Rest in Peace would be perfect against artifact decks; Pithing Needle or Sorcerous Spyglass; Grafdigger's Cage; even, if you want more budget things Blessed Alliance, Negate, Dismember.
Hope my ideas could help the development of your deck.
20 hours ago
21 hours ago
Jace, second of his name, The unbanned, devastator of wallets, warper of formats, and sculptor of minds, seems to be important these days.
Other than that, you can probably go with the "usual" stuff - a mix of hand disruption like Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek, counterspells like Logic Knot and Cryptic Command, removal like Fatal Push, sweepers like Damnation and card advantage like Snapcaster Mage and Dark Confidant. Oh, and Liliana of the Veil, too. Add to that lands like Watery Grave, Polluted Delta and Creeping Tar Pit, and a bit of card selection, like Serum Visions and/or Opt, and you should be running along just fine.
2 days ago
You really should be running fetch lands in this deck. Scalding Tarn would be ideal but if its too expensive something like Polluted Delta or Flooded Strand would be ok too. Grim Lavamancer would be great in this deck too.
3 days ago
You should look in to Slip Through Space playing infect having that extra card draw can be game changing. Also if you can Polluted Delta will help get you the lands you need faster as well as create more stuff to exile for become immense. Also I'd suggest a couple Fatal Push and even Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize. That should take care of any and all 1 or 2 drops that can be a problem for quick infect kills.
4 days ago
Good start, but it needs some work. Despise and Duress are not great, you should be running Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize. I'd run a full playset of Polluted Delta in here if you can afford it. You have way too many basics. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth should be a two of, especially if you're running Lashwrithe. Ancestral Vision should be Search for Azcanta Flip. Rune Snag is not great either, consider a split between Mana Leak, Logic Knot, Remand, and/or Spell Snare. There's way too many creatures in here, I'd cut down to like 6 creatures and throw in some removal and more counterspells. More Dismember, Fatal Push as a 4 of, and at least two Damnation. Also, Jace Beleren doesn't really fit in this deck. I'd do another Ashiok or a Liliana, like Liliana of the Veil or Liliana Vess.
on Oloro Stuff
5 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 week ago
The card exiled with Gonti can be cast. Arrest only stops activated abilities. Gonti has a static ability (deathtouch) and a triggered ability that creates a continuous effect. Activated abilities are always written [cost]: [effect] such as the abilities on Polluted Delta, Llanowar Elves, or Grindstone.