|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Signature Spellbook: Gideon (SS2)||Rare|
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Path to Exile
Exile target creature. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle his or her library.
|Have (6)||, Bluboltar , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , WillofForce , jecder|
|Want (16)||Cpt._Crunch , coolman156 , Telph , Verathragna213 , Otakufan64 , bwellington82 , Soara , the_moonshiner , kmxlink , GabenLagann , Alt_Trix , rudek , tylanderrr , targetschwab , SpetznazM16 , Jproco99|
Path to Exile Discussion
22 hours ago
I’d add more mana ramp and some interaction to your deck. A bunch of double strike creatures won’t help if your opponent can consistently blow them up or make attacks not profitable.
As for mana ramp I would first get a Smothering Tithe and then just grabbing more low cmc mana rocks like Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , and Marble Diamond could be good picks. A few others that I think would be good and pretty budget are Hedron Archive and Worn Powerstone
You will also want some card draw so you can dig into your deck a bit. Endless Atlas and Mind's Eye are both decent card draw options that you could use another that I use in my land is Geier Reach Sanitarium and Mikokoro, Center of the Sea lastly The Immortal Sun will buff creatures, make your spells cost 1 less, and draw you cards.
Some last few additions I think would be good is Brave the Sands since having those double strike creatures able to block as well will be very beneficial. Since your deck is very creature heavy I would include some instant speed spells to protect you from board wipes like Make a Stand , Eerie Interlude , Selfless Spirit , and possibly Teferi's Protection
True Conviction could be a nice substitute for your commander if the commander tax gets too high and gives your guys lifelink. Light from Within will give your creatures some really good boosts, Marshal's Anthem will help bring some creatures back and is an anthem effect, also Force of Virtue is a potentially free cast at instant speed for a team boost.
2 days ago
This is a cute concept, I like it!
I think you're going in the right direction to optimize this, but I'm questioning the Pacifism, Pariah, and Deflecting Palm. Pacifism should probably be replaced with Path to Exile if it's in your budget, or if not you could look at Condemn . If you're more concerned about getting rid of blockers, you could replace it with Journey to Nowhere . The point being, there's lots of better cards you can look at that do the same job. I'm not sure what your idea with Pariah is - if you're trying to protect your 'important' creatures, there's a million better ways to do it - you could try Apostle's Blessing or Brave the Elements . I think you can actually do better than both of those though if you opt for Boros Charm - it does everything this deck could want on any given turn, I'm surprised you don't have it in already. As for Delfecting Palm, I like it as a card and it's fun to "Gotcha!" people with, but it's a strictly defensive card that you've put in a very aggressive deck. I'd consider swapping it with something like Azorius Charm , which can be defensive if you need it to be (either floating an attacker or giving your team lifelink), or it can be more aggressive (floating a blocker or using the draw card mode to act as a "free" prowess trigger).
Lastly and most importantly, you have WAY too many lands for this deck. Hard control decks that plan on having 10+ lands on the field at once only usually run a maximum of 26, and you're here in an aggro list with your most expensive card at THREE mana running 27 lands. You're going to flood FREQUENTLY if you keep it this way. A list like this one generally runs between 20 and 22 lands - if I were you, I'd go down to 22 and replace the 5 lands you cut with some mix of more creatures (12 is a little low), the spells I mentioned, and the planeswalkers you're looking at.
All of this is just my (well informed) opinion though - if you don't like the changes I suggest then feel free to ignore them! Whatever you decide to do, be sure to have fun with it!
2 days ago
Piolun I think if we were more token centered, like Aristocrats, then Spark Harvest would be worth it. Right now, in the build, the tokens are more of a side theme. I think if you main boarded Goblin Rabblemaster or used some other token generator, it might be worth it
bankrupt_on_selling those are all great removal spells in our colors that I have used or still use at one time or the other. Fatal Push and Dreadbore are essential right now, with a myriad of planeswalkers and some cheap/big creatures coming from Jund decks. Dreadbore also helps us stay somewhat competitive against Tron based decks. As for Path to Exile , if you forgo playing Blood Moon , I would play 2 copies. Since I have Blood Moon in the side, I took out the Path to Exile , since I don't want to give my opponent basics to negate Blood Moon . The choice is up to you. I personally reverted back to a control/stun Mardu Pyromancer, in which Blood Moon can steal us some games.
YamishiTheWickedOne I LOVE using Hazoret the Fervent . Dog Mom gives us a big, beefy, hasty, indestructible creature that can also burn late. We don't want to see multiple copies, which is why I just play the one. I think she is still Modern applicable, even with more available exile based spells.
JacenSolo29 hmmm... with Lightning Skelemental and the other Rakdos elementals, it comes down to what you want your deck to do. The Rakdos elemental deck is fast and stun heavy, with a crap ton of discard. It can be weak to counter and control decks, and even graveyard hate, but might have an edge to Tron due to speed. I think, again, it's up to you. I wouldn't play them here simply because I want to value with Lingering Souls and Young Pyromancer . Therefore, you would need to change the build here to be, I think, solely Rakdos and hit hard, and hit fast. Unearth is good with Seasoned Pyromancer and the elemental creatures, but doesn't go well with Bedlam Reveler and Hazoret the Fervent . Test it out!
Thank you all for your comments! Sorry that took so long! School got busy, but I'm looking forward to continuing to test this in the new Modern Meta!
6 days ago
So basically let's say that my opponent has an Void Winnower on the field, and it just so happens that the majority of my deck has low cost even spells. We're talking 2 drops and 4 drops. My Commander also is an even-cost spell, so I am effectively shut out of the game.
What makes this particular Void Winnower especially frustrating is that it is run in a Golgari deck, so recursion isn't an issue.
I can pay X (X = 3 for this example) to put a Bounty Emblem out that effectively says: "Hey, if someone EXILES Void Winnower , you get 3x Treasure tokens."
What happens if Void Winnower is dealt with beforehand, such as someone casting a Crux of Fate naming non-Dragons?
6 days ago
Being able to fetch out Ordeal of Nylea , for example, can allow for a quick rebuild after armageddon. And instead of Path to Exile for removal, Oppressive Rays would tutorable, and benefits from armageddon.
1 week ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
1 week ago
Funkydiscogod: ah, i see. I would play 4 poly and no Indomitable Creativity in a deck like this just to get that hexproof.. abbatromebone paying 3+1 for the ”token” would be better if your opponent has Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push or any other removal in their hand. This combo cant go off if your opponent has removal, and there are plenty of removal in modern ;) Thraben Inspector was a brainfart, of course you cant play creatures :).
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
Path to Exile occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.16%
All decks: 1.06%
WU (Azorius): 25.85%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.16%
WU (Azorius): 1.7%
GW (Selesnya): 1.66%
WB (Orzhov): 0.74%
RW (Boros): 2.57%
WUB (Esper): 0.68%
RGW (Naya): 2.11%
GWU (Bant): 0.74%
RBW (Mardu): 0.86%