Traverse the Outlands
Search your library for up to X basic land cards, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control. Put those lands onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Traverse the Outlands Discussion
2 days ago
Mycosynthlithium, I believe both versions will perform very well and I recommend choosing the build that best fits your meta. So with that being said I wouldn't necessarily call this version an upgrade, but more of an efficient way to adjust to a meta swing, which will happen often when playing Omnath. Cards I believe that will be missed that were not included would be: Sword of the Animist, Tooth and Nail, Defense of the Heart, Triumph of the Hordes, Rampaging Baloths, Traverse the Outlands, Doubling Season, Chord of Calling, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and the four fetch lands that were cut. Which makes me believe that this build will play a tad bit slower at obtaining a massive board, won't be as aggressive and winning by turn 4-6 in multiplayer will be more difficult. The upside is, this build has the removal, additional haste enablers and more sac outlets. So there will be heavy damage available, no doubt.
4 days ago
1 week ago
Well I came and took a look at your deck unfortunately we went about our decks in two different fashions.
I'm 100% about the instant-win and infinite combo victory so there wasn't a any cards here I could to my list.
But thank you for the link.
You might look into Traverse the Outlands yeah it's heavy on the cost but in a deck that ramps like this it shouldn't be a problem.
1 week ago
so. aside from some upgrades like;
I'm looking at a few different options for my LD package;
I'd like to know what you think, perhaps you've some choice cards I've missed
1 week ago
Uhhm, Reyhan always needs a 1 more piece combo to get off the ground and since people tend to not notice Ishai's strength until she becomes a 9/9, it can go very fast! for example a Hardened Scales+ishai, Mirror Mockery+Reyhan or the Kalonian Hydra makes for very fast games.
Reyhan or Ishai always are a reliable turn 3 play, which is why i don't really need 1 mana ramping spells and am also not a fan of putting any more mana rocks in this deck also, it's green enough to work without and i have creature fetching and global artifact removal in this deck. Instead i rather play creatures like Gyre Sage, Rishkar, Peema Renegade and Selvala, Heart of the Wilds or the newly introduced Traverse the Outlands.
Farseek is nice, I have been thinking about adding this card in since i added a few shocklands recently, but i haven't thought about what to replace it for yet.
1 week ago
Week 2 Changes
- Curse of Bounty - At best this untaps a few mana rocks or my attacker (assuming he doesn't already have vigilance). At worst it untaps dragons for the dragon player.
- Curse of Vitality - This thing is just awful.
- Grappling Hook - Doublestrike is pretty strong, but at this price point I'd want it paired with trample. If it could untap a creature and force it to block or simply allow you to fight, it would help racing dragons.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Only one other deck runs forests (dragons) and not a whole lot of them. Would be good in the mirror, but there's not a lot of Cat players in our league.
- Kindred Summons - This deck is 24% creatures. And cats aren't inherently strong without being equipped so this card feels awful every time I cast it.
- Stoneforge Mystic - Gets the add to tutor up Sword of the Animist early game or Argentum Armor late game.
- Adorned Pouncer - This guy is a beating with Arahbo's eminence ability. Eternalize gives you another late game play and body to equip swords to.
- Catastrophe - Get ahead on the power curve with equipment and blow up all the lands, giving you a vacuum to knock some players out. Chose this one so that it isn't a dead draw against a resolved Ur Dragon. Also it has cat in the name, and I was sure to pronounce it "CAT-tastrophe"
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos - A above-curve beater that produces sword-carriers seems great
- Sandwurm Convergence - Spicy tech against dragons and vampires.
Week 2 Results
Sitting down in a 3-man pod against two dragon decks, I was a little anxious about the matchup. Basically I would be in charge of trying to stop two snowballs from rolling down a hill, both of which had no interest in stopping each other, but are instead interested in being the first to reach the bottom and flatten Kittytown. The game was disastrous. Despite a turn 2 Adorned Pouncer, both dragon players had turn 2 ramp plays. One dragon player quickly sprinted ahead with a turn 3 Boneyard Scourge followed by a turn 4 Fist of Suns. Turn 5 saw his The Ur-Dragon come down and a punch-in with the Scourge allowing him to cheat a third dragon into play. Turn 5 and he was sitting on 20+ power flying. I had an Adorned Pouncer equipped with something irrelevant. Then the other dragon player plays Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund and before I knew what happened, I was dead. -1 point for not casting my commander.
In the interim while waiting for the other pods to finish up after our short 10 minute EDH game, we played some matches for fun, during which the Cat deck performed better, but proved to be unable to stop two Dragon decks from going off without the help of anyone else. During those matches I ended up playing all of my basics using a Sword of the Animist and Traverse the Outlands. This would prove to be my downfall in Game 2 due to poor shuffling.
Adorned Pouncer and three lands. Snap keep. This cat comes down on turn 2 and swings for 8 on turn 3. Feeling super-medium about my matchup as a dragon player starts ramping and a vampire player starts pumping out those free 1/1 blockers. Then it happens: Fist of Suns on turn 4. Why was that included in this deck!!? Turn 5 sees The Ur-Dragon and a shaky alliance between Cats and Vampires. The vampire player manages a Blade of the Bloodchief equipped Vampire Nighthawk which redirects the "Free Dragon Parade" over Kittytown. The vampire player casts Fell the Mighty in a blow-out of a play. Sitting on a 14/15 Nighthawk, I felt like the situation had stablized, but I miss my third land-drop in a row. Stuck on 4 mana, I am in damage control mode, just hoping to cast my commander before dying to prevent the loss-of-point. The Ur-Dragon (a mere 7 mana now with Fist) swings lethal commander damage at me so I fire off a Crushing Vines in order to live. But the vampire player sees a moment of weakness and an easy kill and finishes me off with a 16/17 Nighthawk.
What a miserable night it was.
2 weeks ago
Well I just bid $45 for an altered art Traverse the Outlands... I have a mix of excitement and regret, lol. I didnt think it would rise from $7 to $45 in the last 10 second.. It sure is pretty though!
2 weeks ago
The main new cards that come to mind are:
- Traverse the Outlands
- Hour of Promise
- Ramunap Excavator
- Song of the Dryads
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways
- Nature's Lore
- Splendid Reclamation
- Ulvenwald Hydra
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn
I will update the actual deck list when I get to a computer!