Sulfur Falls enters the battlefield tapped unless you control an Island or a Mountain.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||jhTheMan99 , Forkbeard , CampbellStev , rockleemyhero , Swamy , Nemesis , KillDatBUG , Randomdeath , LTmiller|
|Want (6)||Atony1400 , acbooster , Kravian , brokendwarf , , MoJoMiXuP|
Sulfur Falls Discussion
5 hours ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
2 days ago
You may want to run 3 or 4 basic islands in place of a Sulfur Falls and something else, to keep cryptic a possibility against Blood Moon (in the top 30 most commonly played Modern cards). The 4th Island would be if you wanted to keep the dream of Snap-cryptic alive with a Moon in play.
Source: I play lots of blood moon decks ;D
3 days ago
Hey PTsmitty, I'm glad you found the deck helpful!
For Experiment One, it has potential but with a majority of other creatures being 1 or 2 power, you'll have a hard time Evolving it more than once. If you're looking for a good 1-drop, that spot would better belong to Champion of the Parish, Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip, Monastery Swiftspear or Boros Elite. That's just my opinion though based on what I have in this deck. If yours has some creatures with 3 or more power, then Experiment One is perfectly fine.
As for Hamlet Captain, it turns out I took this deck apart after Shadows over Innistrad, and didn't really re-visit it when Eldritch Moon came out. If I wanted to include Hamlet Captain, I would remove 1 Burning-Tree Emissary and 1 Lightning Berserker to put 2 copies in.
Finally, against graveyard based decks I never really had much trouble. Sometimes a Snapcaster Mage flashing back a Lightning Bolt to kill my stuff was annoying but otherwise it wasn't a big deal. However, that being said, I think I would remove 1 Choke and 1 Sigarda, Host of Herons and add 2 Rest in Peace. Choke doesn't help too much because most blue decks have lands that aren't actually Islands (such as Sulfur Falls) and Sigarda at 5 mana hardly sees any time on the field.
I hope this helped!
3 days ago
4 days ago
Looking to finish off my mana fixing for various EDH decks.
- Dimir Signet (MM3 art)
- Selesnya Signet
- Izzet Signet
- Rakdos Signet (MM3 art)
- Arid Mesa
- Sulfur Falls
- Reflecting Pool
- to a less extent, Scalding Tarn
1 week ago
Some card advantage would probably also be good here, like Think Twice. Also, Dramatic Reversal dosen't really make sense to me, since you're only using to untap creatures, and if your looking to preserve your lifetotal, you got removal to help doing that.
1 week ago
Land depends on budget imo - I like running the pain lands for budget, and shocks with fetches are ideal if you can afford. But for now-
is prob your best bet
1 week ago
I wouldn't run 2x Sulfur Falls alongside 3x Shivan Reef and 3x Spirebluff Canal. That's 8 lands that do not fulfill the check requirement and having land come into play tapped in early game in a deck like this can destroy your tempo.
Otherwise, nice build +1