Sulfur Falls enters the battlefield tapped unless you control an Island or a Mountain.
: Add or .
|Have (5)||, Forkbeard , metalmagic , Thunderbeard , Taki117|
|Want (18)||brackcon , Gaous , paullmall96 , xepherian , BreauxCPA , Crescent , mattsfatt , ActualBird , arjanlot , Zacblu10 , zwant , MrTeeg , BeardedDandy , Tezlik , PELOS_TIZNE , dashwimp921 , Rabu , ZeroEntropy|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sulfur Falls occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
UR (Izzet): 1.68%
RUG (Temur): 2.52%
UBR (Grixis): 1.0%
All decks: 0.24%
All decks: 0.75%
Sulfur Falls Discussion
2 weeks ago
As a fan of LotR, a +1 just for the name.
Conjurer's Closet may be of interest to you to trigger more ETB's. The name is even on theme.
Boneclad Necromancer could be fun for creating a zombie token army while removing problematic creatures out of opponents' graveyards.
1 month ago
- Avarice Amulet > Folio of Fancies (Just a better card in this slot, cheaper cmc and will do more for you overall)
- Seer's Lantern > Mind Stone (Cheaper cmc mana rock)
- Rakdos Locket > Rakdos Signet
- Izzet Locket > Izzet Signet
- Dimir Locket > Dimir Signet (Signets are just much, much better)
- Cursed Rack > Mountain (Cursed Rack is just average and very narrow in your deck)
- Sulfur Falls > Swiftwater Cliffs (Slight downgrade but saves $3.00 USD)
- Canyon Slough > Rakdos Guildgate (Saves cash, Canyon Slough enters tapped just the same, the reason this costs more $$ is because it has Swamp and Mountain in its land type, rare for non-basic lands, it means it can be fetched by fetch-lands like Bloodstained Mire )
- Revolutionary Rebuff > Arcane Denial (Counters any spell and adds some draw for you and opponent, which likely means 2 more damage for them too, an added bonus)
- Manalith > Wayfarer's Bauble (Manalith is pretty average at 3cmc, land-ramp with the Bauble is better in this case)
- Rakdos Cluestone > Star Compass
2 months ago
I do not know if Shivan Reef is worth it, with how many aggro/burn decks in the meta. I think running Shocks/Fast lands ( Spirebluff Canal ) and the rest basics might be a better choice. Mabey two Sulfur Falls if you’re having problems with colored mana.
2 months ago
I saw your deck while looking for some Pioneer deck ideas. Really good deck, my dad used to play Izzet Drakes while it was still in Standard. Have you considered Spellheart Chimera and Steam Vents ? In my opinion, Spellheart is better than Enigma Drake , as it has trample, but you could replace Pteramander for it too. You only have 10 lands that make Sulfur Falls enter the battlefield untapped, and I think you need more to make it more consistent. Steam Vents fits that bill perfectly, as it's a duel land while also having basic land types. I think you should replace the Temples because you want to be using up all your lands to cast spells and creatures. You could also take out a Shivan Reef to make space for a playset of Steam Vents.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Fiery Cannonade can be replaced by Flame Sweep , The Mirari Conjecture by Thousand-Year Storm , Entrancing Melody by either Agent of Treachery or Stolen by the Fae , Chart a Course by Thrill of Possibility , Sulfur Falls by Temple of Epiphany , Dive Down by Lazotep Plating , and Blink of an Eye by Unsummon or Brazen Borrower . I have a thread, Quick, thoughtful deck help, you can submit this to if you would like more exposure for your deck.
3 months ago
Umm, well I can't offer my exact land selection to you as it involves revised duals I can say this:
Fetches are your friend, seriously. In a 5 color deck having fetches rarely make me sad, so I would run the full contingent:
There are Mirage fetches as well, a whole friendly color cycle of them, they are 'slow' but they can still grab shock lands, and cost no life: Rocky Tar Pit , Bad River , Flood Plain , Grasslands , Mountain Valley These also have the benefit of being absurdly cheap. That being said, if you do not have access to these, I'll offer some other suggestions.
Go up to 42-44 lands. Sure the curve hits 3/4, but I don't think the ideal is to hit 4 lands and be pleased with life, so I would suggest adding lands, and increasing consistency by removing some of the etb tapped lands:
Here are some 'simple' 1:1 conversions for cards I think would suit the deck better.
Honestly I hate the Terminate and some of the other choices but I am exhausted so I thought I would offer some help as opposed to trying to offer more and simply not posting.