|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Draw a card for each creature you control.
Ferocious — You gain 4 life for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shamanic Revelation Discussion
6 days ago
Looks good! You've got a lot of the Ezuri staples that don't break the bank. Looks like it would be pretty effective. I designed my Ezuri deck around elves. I'll leave a link to it here so you can take a look at it. You might find some ideas there.
Commander / EDH
35 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
A lot of variation in decks containing blue come from your meta which determine what control cards you need. For the most part what you've included looks fairly well-rounded. I do have a few suggestions with a budget in mind.
I had Urban Evolution on my list as well before I deemed it too slow. By the time you have mana to cast it, you shouldn't need the ramp it provides. There are also more efficient means of card draw. I can't begin to describe the card advantage you get from Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest. Your mana curve looks low enough that I think you could be taking advantage of them. And even if you needed more mana ramp (which I don't think you need too much more), Gyre Sage and Viridian Joiner would give you a kick in addition to your Marwyn, the Nurturer. If you want more draw effects from playing a single card, might I suggest Prime Speaker Zegana, Shamanic Revelation, or Soul's Majesty. Any one of them will net you more cards than you need.
The other thing I can't stress enough if Panharmonicon if it's not out of your budget. The value from having this out with Ezuri is crazy especially when you play cards like Cultivator of Blades and Experimental Aviator. You basically get two experience counters for every creature under 2 power that you put into play.
Also as an afterthought, if you wanted to get your Sage of Hours out faster, you could add in Momir Vig, Simic Visionary who is really just good for getting any creature you might need. He's excellent for drawing right into your infinite win con, though.
Nice deck! Ezuri is so much fun to play!
1 week ago
Nantuko Mentor can pump your exalted attacker by a lot.
Citadel Siege can grow your creatures more or tap opponents' creatures more reliably than Angelic Benediction.
One thing you are missing is card advantage. Rishkar's Expertise, Hunter's Insight, and Hunter's Prowess can help draw cards from a big exalted creature. Beast Whisperer and Shamanic Revelation are great for drawing cards from all your creatures.
2 weeks ago
Yeah sorry... i was in a rush writing that last comment so my thoughts were all over the place! I wanted to provide the proper feedback.
And I actually just reaized I completely skipped over your draw/tutor question so my apologies for that. I'd recommend Congregation at Dawn if you're looking to just go for your dorks or a gamechanging creature. Weathered Wayfarer and Land Tax are alternative land ramp for white (and Land Tax texhnically allows you tos sift through all your lands if played properly). Same thing goes for Endless Horizons. As far as green draw there's Collective Unconscious, Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force off the top of my head. For a token deck there's always the option of putting in a Skullclamp as well. Always great synergy-draw for a token deck.
I was probably being a bit picky about Primal Command obviously it would depend on your meta (same thing goes for Savage Summoning but straight up it def doesnt help you out any great way with the theme of your deck).
I can also understand why you like keeping Revive and Gaea's Blessing. But remember it depends on your meta--and also remember our deck is t themed around the graveyard. It is always great to have backup plans, so again, we would have to see what doesn't make the cut first. IMO id keep Revive over Gaea's Blessing. And i believe I recall you have an Eternal Witness too, which is in the same vein.
I actually agree with 420chandra's advice about Huatli. I think she is DOPE for tokens and when I saw your list I immediately told my buddy who has Rhys to put her in. And talk about draw for green white... she's your babe. The stupidity would only rise when you're able to get multiple emblems haha.
I totally forgot Wilt-Leaf Liege pumps the tokens... that's a solid call over my mistake.
It's always good to have removal and I didn't want to completely steer you away with saying no to that worse version of Naturalize but it's good you took it out. If your hate runs low think about a Bane of Progress. But all-in-all, Aura Shards should be your master in this regard. (Maybe a Three Dreams to tutor for it? Or Idyllic Tutor i think?)
Hope that all helps! Sorry i wrote so much!
2 weeks ago
I'd drop Mossbridge Troll since you only have 2 creatures with 10+ power and not many ways for +1/+1 counters.
You have plenty of mana ramp, so I would personally throw in a Thicket Elemental with kicker to cheat another creature to the battlefield.
I also think a must for this deck is Tooth and Nail , ESPECIALLY since you already have a Concordant Crossroads . If for whatever reason you don't have your Crossroads out you can just TNN Surrak, the Hunt Caller + anything else to have it attack that turn.
3 weeks ago
Hour of Promise or Pir's Whim in place of Solemn Simulacrum. Horn of Greed for land-based card draw. Skullclamp could let you draw from the small tokens. Garruk's Packleader and Elemental Bond let you draw from the big ones. Deathreap Ritual and Smothering Abomination lets you draw from sacrificing tokens. Shamanic Revelation draws lots of cards and gains you life. Symbiotic Deployment works too.
Sporemound makes tokens from landfall and goes infinite with Life and Limb. Dunes of the Dead and Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai are lands that make tokens when they are sacrificed. Helm of the Host is great when equipped to creatures that make tokens. Blade of Selves might work too. Nacatl War-Pride is really strong with token doublers.
Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Mana Echoes, and Xenagos, the Reveler will generate a lot of mana from tokens. Druids' Repository adds mana when they attack, and Pitiless Plunderer adds mana when they die.
3 weeks ago
I have a fond place in my heart for Saskia though my deck is long retired. I have a few suggestions of cards that I used to run which can ramp up your deck's explosiveness:
I'd replace Putrefy with Anguished Unmaking and then run Sunforger as it likely would be the best card in your deck. You could also run Crackling Doom, Path to Exile, and Aura Mutation (all tutorable by Sunforger).
Martial Coup might be a solid board wipe to include here and there are a bunch of token doublers in green and white you could consider.
Lastly (I know this is a lot of suggestions, sorry) I think your deck could use more card draw. 6 total cards that provide card draw seems a little low to me (I usually never go below 10 in my decks). Mentor of the Meek, Shamanic Revelation, and Skullclamp are all really powerful in this type of build. There are also other card draw staples in these colors like Sylvan Library, Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, etc. which you could consider.
I hope some of these comments help and happy deck building!
1 month ago
Have you considered to take in Shamanic Revelation? It's nice card draw when you have your dorks on the board. Also the mana should not be a problem in an elf deck like yours.
1 month ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.