|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool. When that mana is spent to cast a red instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||HydraOoze , mercury19 , Mousemke , TheAlmostHero , ironax , Forkbeard , Hootiequack , Paradise_Collectibles , DrLitebur , thetechzombie , Wiggins , SamCre1993|
Pyromancer's Goggles Discussion
1 day ago
This commander seems great!! I want to build it too maybe... got some ideas...
Stormbreath Dragon, Comet Storm, Volcanic Fallout, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, Cryptolith Fragment Flip, Past in Flames, Pyromancer's Goggles, Pyromancer's Gauntlet, Blade of Selves, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, Grenzo's Ruffians, Warchief Giant, Charmbreaker Devils, Chandra, Pyromaster, Embermaw Hellion, Fire Servant :)
1 day ago
Rite of the Raging Storm can help lower life totals.
Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess, Cathartic Reunion, Staff of Nin, Loreseeker's Stone and Daretti, Scrap Savant. These are all card draw, and red generally needs all the help it can get. Bonus to Staff, Daretti and Stone for being repeatable. Plus, Staff pings. Daretti also does all the artifact goofiness, which generally gets you some value, even if you don't primarily use artifacts.
Blasphemous Act is one of red's best sweepers. It always does work for me.
Cascading Cataracts and Darksteel Citadel are great in decks that destroy lands.
5 days ago
1 week ago
Hands down this is my favorite of all the decks you've done! I love playing Mizzix, but she can draw a lot of hate. Your deck takes all of the stuff I love from Mizzix and puts it in a less suspicious shell. I figured I'd throw out a few of my favorties from my own experiences, although not all of these are budget options.
- Turnabout - helps power-up your experiment by untapping your lands
- Past in Flames - why return Epic Exp to your hand when you can just cast it from the GY?
- Capsize - spells with buyback work great with Epic Exp
- Mizzix's Mastery - incredible useful as long as Epic Exp is NOT in your GY
- Mystic Confluence - not budget, but fantastic utility card
- Part the Waterveil - you can't awaken it off Epic Exp but it's still a free extra turn
- Walk the Aeons - extra turn, and with all your fetching you might have the islands to buy it back
- Firemind's Foresight - a severely underrated tutor, especially with the amount of ramp at your disposal. I'd recommend fetching Swan Song for protection, Epic Exp, and Reiterate for the payoff.
- Snap - if you hit it with Epic Exp then you get free mana!
- High Tide - I dont think there are enough islands in here to justify it, but it's really sweet with some of the untap effects
- Sphinx of the Final Word - meta-dependent, can help make sure your Epic Exp doesn't get countered
- Pyromancer's Goggles - great way to copy your Epic Exp, and it's just a great card to own in general
- As Foretold - I'm not sure if it's great in this deck, but it DOES let you cast spells for free, which means you have extra mana available for the Epic Exp
- Isochron Scepter - so many good targets for this one
- Dissipation Field - helpful defensive tech
- Everflowing Chalice - Pairs really well with Kruphix to power-up your Epic Experiments
1 month ago
Some of the main questions I have are:
2: How does my sideboard look? (Question 1 probably has a lot to do with this answer)
3: How are the burn spells I have in already? Are there some that can be swapped for better ones?
1 month ago
Thanks so much for all of the input! I have considered all opinions and this, I think, will help the best for my set up:
How does that look in comparison from what I had? Hopefully this will be much faster and more effective.
1 month ago
there should be a Guttersnipe in place of the mainboard Torpor Orb. Fire Servant is too expensive of a spell for burn. by the time you play it, it won't matter, because if you're doing it right, they will be dead. same with Pyromancer's Goggles. Searing Blaze should be mainboard. no matter what, it is a very good card. I think that your only creatures should be Monastery Mentor, Vexing Devil, and maybe Guttersnipe.
1 month ago
if a creature cost 3 mana or more, it has nothing to do in a modern burn deck. So, now you have 2 Satyr Firedancer left.
Guttersnipe is bad in this deck, because it would take up your whole turn 3, without having haste and without dealing damage - at best it deals damage the next turn. If and when your opponent doesn't kill it first - with 1-mana removal - and then go on to play something relevant for the last 2 mana they have available (yes, it's a worst-case scenario, but not particularly unrealistic).
Like others have said: Monastery Swiftspear is an auto-include 4-of in any version of modern burn.
Pyromancer's Goggles. Just no. Something that cost 5 mana, and sometimes-sometimes enables other spells is not what you want to do in burn (at 5 mana you get to play it long after you've played your burn spells).
18 lands is probably not wrong for burn, but it's wrong for a deck with 5 cmc creatures and artifacts.