|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool. When that mana is spent to cast a red instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||ironax , HydraOoze , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , DrLitebur , snackeater , Mousemke , burnedbread , duff87 , Riku580 , Jauntu , Dimarx , Forkbeard , Kleptozaniac , Hootiequack , SamCre1993 , , ChainerDragon65 , thetechzombie|
|Want (31)||ryaniskool , Twigg79 , TheseusRisen , marsp44 , oryandaw , Moonling , bigblue32123 , CryAll , Chaospowers , rco , adb_slayer , SamFury , Loading_Error , golgariizzet , Elementalism , wannabepv , orzhov_moskalski , Suns_Champion , guntermench , toocoolrad , mcstew , r3493r , kovellen , sleepy104 , metalevolence , samuelianstorm , Snydog17 , Prophet_of_Xenagos , vynnr , correcthorsebatterystaple , ImmortalCancer|
Pyromancer's Goggles Discussion
1 month ago
Highland Lake also run more then 33 god damn lands, Pyromancer's Goggles can come out, Bident of Thassa can come out for a deck like this you want competetive cards thats not it, Hammer of Purphoros trade for Lightning Greaves i'll get you a pair, Overwhelming Denial is not a good counterspell, Quietus Spike trade for a Basilisk Collar.
1 month ago
Here are my personal recommendations (with help from n8dm) for cards to add and cut from the deck. Let me know if you have any questions about cuts or recommendations.
Let's start with permanents:
Now for instants and sorceries:
Now to recommend some cards to cut:
2 months ago
Alright so I'm going to list a bunch of cards to cut but before I do... Mizzix is a deck that you either want to combo out in, or burn people's faces into oblivion; you don't want to make a bunch of tokens and swing with them because if you get boardwiped you probably can't get those token producers back. Also 90% of this deck you should be able to reduce cost for, and if you can't that card better make one hell of an impact. That said here is my list of cuts for you.
- Blustersquall: Turnabout is just a better card than this, it also can be your win con with Reiterate and is just more flexible
- Commit//Memory: I tried running this but it just never seemed good. I don't want my hand anywhere but in my hand, and if I counter something I'd rather it be gone.
- Counterflux: You can't reduce cost. More importantly you have to have both your colors and that can be a struggle sometimes.
- Dragonshift: You should only have 2-3 creatures at most for the majority of the game.
- Fall of the titans: I ran this for awhile but it ended up being a dead card in my hand 70% of the time.
- Fateful Showdown: Again, in this deck you should want every card in your hand, because a good portion of this deck is holding up mana.
- Izzet Charm: Not enough value.
- Prophetic Bolt: I recently cut Prophetic Bolt and to be honest I haven't missed it at all, just doesn't have enough value.
- Spellbook: Run Thought Vessel and/or Reliquary Tower in its place, its just not enough value to take a card slot. Pro tip, Reliquary Tower should be in EVERY EDH deck, same thing with Sol Ring
- Ral Zarek: You can't reduce cost. I get wanting a walker in the deck because value every turn for free is great BUT in this deck it's not really value because cost reduction.
- Pore Over The Pages: Ugin's Insight is just better, but I'd consider Mystic Speculation instead; still card advantage but you can play it over and over for more experience.
- Mizzium Mortars: If you are going to play a card like this, Blasphemous Act is just better.
- Devastation Tide: Cyclonic Rift is just worlds better.
- Call the Skybreaker: #NotYourWinCon
- Blatant Thievery: Great card honestly, but I think Bribery is just better and less expensive.
- Blast of Genius: Not enough value.
- Curious Homunculus: I tried running this card and honestly on turn two would you rather hold up man to counter a spell or play a guy who only produces colorless mana, not red, your other color?
- Docent of Perfection: You don't care about tokens, and you don't have enough Wizards to make it worth your while.
- Enigma Drake: I think this card slot is just better occupied elsewhere.
- Goblin Electromancer: Baral, Chief of Compliance is a better card in everyway.
- Guttersnipe: I get how useful it could be, but in my experience it's targeted right away.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: You can't reduce cost, and the value just isn't there.
- Niv-Mizzet, the firemind: You can't reduce cost.
- Talrand, sky summoner: You don't care about tokens.
Now that I'm done with cuts, and hopefully not making an ass out of myself here are some suggestions of really good cards that have lots of value!
- Pact of Negation & Force of Will I know they are expensive but... then when your opponent thinks they are safe you can still break them.
- Disallow You can reduce cost and it counters EVERYTHING!
- Mindswipe Counter and burn in one fell swoop, use it late game with a bunch of EXP and that's a good chunk of damage.
- Syncopate Permanently get rid of that dumb card you hate.
- Blue Sun's Zenith The card that just keeps on giving right? Also this card says 'Target Player' so you can mill a player out with this.
- Aetherflux Reservoir Jesus this card has saved my ass SOOOO many times, can't speak enough good about this card.
- Meekstone This is great if there's a lot of creature aggro in your meta, it crushes my play group
- Pyromancer's Goggles All aboard the value train...
- Inexorable Tide All of the EXPs!
- Leyline of Anticipation & Rhystic Study These are a MUST HAVE in ANY blue deck or deck playing blue. Your playgroup will hate you for it because 'Do you pay the one?' gets old but it's all value.
- Torrential Gearhulk Shit who cares about Snapcaster when you got this winner!
- Bonus Round & Spellseeker They just came out of battlebond but... I have high hopes for them in this deck.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I figured it out this time, I swear. :p
Two Desperate Ritual for 4 mana will create 6 mana which can be doubled by Reverberate or Twincast to make 12 mana, allowing you to cast Howl of the Horde, and a fully kicked Fight with Fire and two of its copies to deal 30 damage.
Good deals? Did I redeem myself? Lol.
3 months ago
Also Pyromancer's Goggles wouldn't work on its since it is not casting, but Kicking. So it would need to dupe a Howl of the Horde for the low cost version. So less cool, but still a good fallback. And a good way of dealing 6 damage divided any which way for 2 islands.
3 months ago
Yep. I can. Kicker is apparently an optional cost that can be done after a free cast.
So, as a Living Lore fanatic, this is good news. :)
Throw in a Renowned Weaponsmith, a Quicksilver Amulet + Living Lore + Twincast, or an Imprinted Artifact that cast be Imprinted for 3 on a previous turn, and then duped with Pyromancer's Goggles. Giving the spell Rebound would also work. I forget which card did that. Maybe a Chandra Planeswalker or something. She a Reverberate loyalty ability of some kind. I typically only mix red and blue when I want to mass replicate a single spell into a one-shot kill. Pinging with a bunch of small attacks seems like a lot of work and I'm way too lazy for that. :p
Last time I did this was in Standard using Living Lore, Howl of the Horde, and Arrow Storm. But Imprinting and Copying with Artifacts should work here too. Though I guess Mono-Red could throw in Living Lore if they used a Quicksilver Amulet themselves. But then Generator Servant and Howl of the Horde did pretty well on their own for rushing a Living Lore. Of course, using Pyromancer's Goggles on a 2 copy spell like Howl of the Horde means there's 5 versions of the next spell cast. So if you cast just a 4 damage spell like Exquisite Firecraft, then it becomes a fatal strike. But, Fight with Fire when used at that point would most likely still kill because the opponent would most likely be wounded by their own lands or a previous creature or red spell. So the 9 mana wouldn't actually be required. Just 5 mana. Not a bad cost for a winning shot. While there are cheaper spells, they don't scale up to kill with a single copy. They don't let you finish an opponent who is at half health. They don't keep card draw/casting down. And take up more room in your deck. Especially if you want a low damage card and a high damage card. This card is a two for one. It also puts in place a system which can be abused by other spells, giving your deck more versatility. Throw in some Seismic Spike cards to shift the mana game around so you can follow up with a kicked Fight with Fire. Lots of choices here.
So... a went a bit off the rails here I think. :p