|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool. When that mana is spent to cast a red instant or sorcery spell, copy that spell and you may choose new targets for the copy.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||ironax , HydraOoze , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , DrLitebur , snackeater , Mousemke , burnedbread , duff87 , Riku580 , Jauntu , Dimarx , Kleptozaniac , Forkbeard , Hootiequack , SamCre1993 , , ChainerDragon65 , thetechzombie|
|Want (48)||ryaniskool , Twigg79 , TheseusRisen , marsp44 , oryandaw , Moonling , bigblue32123 , CryAll , Chaospowers , rco , adb_slayer , cameron.vancamp , Darklowi , SamFury , Loading_Error , king0fclubs , wannabepv , Kleptozaniac , Legendary_Shadow , mlouden03 , Entanglement , BlazeRider , orzhov_moskalski , Suns_Champion , Reikaosu , Pandaroon , mhmaurer , uglyone888 , Hakira , Deiaros , jmunda , dlbennett96 , kovellen , Elementalism , guntermench , toocoolrad , mcstew , Etello , MstrbtnManatee , sleepy104 , metalevolence , samuelianstorm , spacemonaut , Snydog17 , Prophet_of_Xenagos , vynnr , correcthorsebatterystaple , ImmortalCancer|
Pyromancer's Goggles Discussion
1 month ago
You would be correct in this situation.
You cast Molten Disaster which goes on the stack. Pyromancer's Goggles triggers putting a copy of Disaster on top of the original. Assuming you kicked Disaster, giving it split second, the copy resolves and deals 18 damage to each player.
At this point Exquisite Blood triggers five times (once for each of that player's opponents), and those triggers go on the stack above the original Molten Disaster. However, unfortunately for that player, before anyone can get priority so the triggers can resolve, state-basted actions are checked. The player with Exquisite Blood is at or below 0 life, and therefore loses before their Blood triggers can resolve.
Assuming more than one person survived that blow, the Exquisite Blood triggers would be gone from the stack due to their controller losing, and then the original Molten Disaster would deal another 18 damage to whoever or whatever was left.
1 month ago
In a 6 man commander game I cast Molten Disaster where X was 18 with Pyromancer's Goggles copying it. One of my opponents was at 16 life with Exquisite Blood . They were arguing that they would live because they would gain life when Molten Disaster hits the first time. I told them that since the damage happens at once and at the end of it they'd be below 0 Exquisite Blood would happen. Who is right in this situation?
1 month ago
poliscrusher you're totally right! This deck goes nuts. I took a modified list to my LGS and this happened: I had out Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain and enough of the cost reducers that I was ready to go off. The guy next to me saw Aetherflux Reservoir in my hand and was ready to scoop. I played 20 artifacts, then bounced all of them back with Rebuild. One of my opponents floated a red mana with Pyromancer's Goggles right before it got returned, and then realized how many cards I had in hand and cast a Runeflare Trap. R.I.P. me :(
1 month ago
I see what you're going for, and I appreciate it. Here's some thoughts I had that might help:
First off, Chaos Warp is just really good removal, which this deck lacks at the moment.
As nice as Foriysian Totem is as a mana rock/blocker, I think Silent Arbiter would be a better option. It's great for slowing down the game when you need to slow it down, and you can just pop it with one of your artifact destroyers when it's your turn to go in.
If you can afford it, I'd cut Sokenzan Spellblade and replace it with Daretti, Scrap Savant. You have enough artifacts that I think it would be worth the slot. Hell, with the prevalence of artifacts, you could even run Hellkite Tyrant as a surprise, cheeky wincon for when you've not been able to properly set up your wall of attackers.
As amazing as Dualcaster Mage is, idk if he runs enough Instants/Sorceries for it to be worth it. Like yeah you can copy Starstorm or Chain Reaction for the big boy damage, but you could produce a similar result (with repetition even) by running Pyromancer's Goggles. Like yeah you could copy Scour from Existence or Wild Swing as well, but idk.
In my opinion, Dormant Volcano is always a bad land. Mathematically, the benefit of DV is the same as if you ran another basic land. However, I think this deck is actively hurt by its inclusion. You use Snow-Covered Mountain for triggering so many different effects like Goblin Charbelcher and Glacial Crevasses so having to sacrifice one for a land that doesn't even come in untapped is just not good.
Overall, solid list! I like the strategy.
3 months ago
Highland Lake also run more then 33 god damn lands, Pyromancer's Goggles can come out, Bident of Thassa can come out for a deck like this you want competetive cards thats not it, Hammer of Purphoros trade for Lightning Greaves i'll get you a pair, Overwhelming Denial is not a good counterspell, Quietus Spike trade for a Basilisk Collar.
3 months ago
Here are my personal recommendations (with help from n8dm) for cards to add and cut from the deck. Let me know if you have any questions about cuts or recommendations.
Let's start with permanents:
Now for instants and sorceries:
Now to recommend some cards to cut:
4 months ago
Alright so I'm going to list a bunch of cards to cut but before I do... Mizzix is a deck that you either want to combo out in, or burn people's faces into oblivion; you don't want to make a bunch of tokens and swing with them because if you get boardwiped you probably can't get those token producers back. Also 90% of this deck you should be able to reduce cost for, and if you can't that card better make one hell of an impact. That said here is my list of cuts for you.
- Blustersquall: Turnabout is just a better card than this, it also can be your win con with Reiterate and is just more flexible
- Commit//Memory: I tried running this but it just never seemed good. I don't want my hand anywhere but in my hand, and if I counter something I'd rather it be gone.
- Counterflux: You can't reduce cost. More importantly you have to have both your colors and that can be a struggle sometimes.
- Dragonshift: You should only have 2-3 creatures at most for the majority of the game.
- Fall of the titans: I ran this for awhile but it ended up being a dead card in my hand 70% of the time.
- Fateful Showdown: Again, in this deck you should want every card in your hand, because a good portion of this deck is holding up mana.
- Izzet Charm: Not enough value.
- Prophetic Bolt: I recently cut Prophetic Bolt and to be honest I haven't missed it at all, just doesn't have enough value.
- Spellbook: Run Thought Vessel and/or Reliquary Tower in its place, its just not enough value to take a card slot. Pro tip, Reliquary Tower should be in EVERY EDH deck, same thing with Sol Ring
- Ral Zarek: You can't reduce cost. I get wanting a walker in the deck because value every turn for free is great BUT in this deck it's not really value because cost reduction.
- Pore Over The Pages: Ugin's Insight is just better, but I'd consider Mystic Speculation instead; still card advantage but you can play it over and over for more experience.
- Mizzium Mortars: If you are going to play a card like this, Blasphemous Act is just better.
- Devastation Tide: Cyclonic Rift is just worlds better.
- Call the Skybreaker: #NotYourWinCon
- Blatant Thievery: Great card honestly, but I think Bribery is just better and less expensive.
- Blast of Genius: Not enough value.
- Curious Homunculus: I tried running this card and honestly on turn two would you rather hold up man to counter a spell or play a guy who only produces colorless mana, not red, your other color?
- Docent of Perfection: You don't care about tokens, and you don't have enough Wizards to make it worth your while.
- Enigma Drake: I think this card slot is just better occupied elsewhere.
- Goblin Electromancer: Baral, Chief of Compliance is a better card in everyway.
- Guttersnipe: I get how useful it could be, but in my experience it's targeted right away.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: You can't reduce cost, and the value just isn't there.
- Niv-Mizzet, the firemind: You can't reduce cost.
- Talrand, sky summoner: You don't care about tokens.
Now that I'm done with cuts, and hopefully not making an ass out of myself here are some suggestions of really good cards that have lots of value!
- Pact of Negation & Force of Will I know they are expensive but... then when your opponent thinks they are safe you can still break them.
- Disallow You can reduce cost and it counters EVERYTHING!
- Mindswipe Counter and burn in one fell swoop, use it late game with a bunch of EXP and that's a good chunk of damage.
- Syncopate Permanently get rid of that dumb card you hate.
- Blue Sun's Zenith The card that just keeps on giving right? Also this card says 'Target Player' so you can mill a player out with this.
- Aetherflux Reservoir Jesus this card has saved my ass SOOOO many times, can't speak enough good about this card.
- Meekstone This is great if there's a lot of creature aggro in your meta, it crushes my play group
- Pyromancer's Goggles All aboard the value train...
- Inexorable Tide All of the EXPs!
- Leyline of Anticipation & Rhystic Study These are a MUST HAVE in ANY blue deck or deck playing blue. Your playgroup will hate you for it because 'Do you pay the one?' gets old but it's all value.
- Torrential Gearhulk Shit who cares about Snapcaster when you got this winner!
- Bonus Round & Spellseeker They just came out of battlebond but... I have high hopes for them in this deck.