|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elemental
Trample (If this creature would deal enough damage to its blockers to destroy them, you may have it deal the rest of its damage to defending player or planeswalker.)
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer's power and toughness are each equal to the number of lands you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||duff87 , mziter501 , mcstang1986 , jaradgolgarilichlord , EdenGardenz , Ashy , Wolfebladeelite , Dr.Jackel , Antiat , ecurps|
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer Discussion
3 months ago
7 months ago
Don't forget about all the new voltron legeds in Dominaria!
Spoiler block in case you don't want to see spoilers for DOM Show
Tiana, Ship's Caretaker has evasion by herself, which is important for voltron, and makes sure you can get your equipment/auras back if they die.
Multani, yavimaya's avatar was spoiled today so it's probably not gonna show up, but it's pretty much an upgraded Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer, which means instead of buffing him normally, you'll just ramp and he'll get big enough to end games. Also, Grunn, the Lonely King works similarly- it just is gonna be big enough to 1-shot people, and Evra, Halcyon Witness as well.
Danitha Capashen, Paragon can also be a mono-white voltron commander, but I would probably go with Sram and her in the 99.
7 months ago
8 months ago
Sendaran Thank you for your input. I will explain some of the cards I added or explain why I won't add some of the cards.
Soulblast Doens't always hit 1 player. For example when I have Omnath, Locus of Rage Or Stalking Vengeance out on the battlefield. A Soulblast means often a two hit kill or a win. That's the reason why I have this card.
I agree with you on Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer I had this card in the deck since it started as an elemental Tribal deck. But it's not that usefull anymore.
I also agree on Angrath's Marauders I will change this one for Gratuitous Violence. This card interacts with Omnath, Warstorm surge and Stalking vengeance. It's still not the best card but it works better with my current setup and cost less mana. Though the 3 red mana is a bit much but i will give it a shot.
Elemental Bond Seems like a good addition to my deck. Draw is a bit of a problem from time to time but this one makes it a bit easier.
I also added some of your other suggestions to my maybe list but some didn't really make the cut. Such as the draw artifact.Goblin Bombardment is an important card in my deck and saved me a ton of times since its an instant sacrafice. I can simply sac an elemental at anytime to either damage a player or kill a creature.
Harrow Is an instant land drop which makes it a great card. I can get elementals on instant speed or deal damage with Warstorm Surge on instant speed. Therefore i won't switch that card.
But i really appreciate the tips and suggestions you gave me, hopefully the changes will help me :)
8 months ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
9 months ago
You have a fun looking package here with a pretty solid game plan.
I have a few tweaking suggestions you could try:
- Search for Tomorrow instead of Harrow, you have very few 1 drops, so the suspend gives your ramping another starting option for turn 1.
- Some sac-for-card draw engine instead of Goblin Bombardment. There are a few options with different mana usage schemes, e.g. Phyrexian Vault, Culling Dais or Carnage Altar
- Tireless Tracker is just one of the best creatures available for landfall based decks, even green decks in general.
- Elvish Piper or Fauna Shaman for getting your best stuff on the field on time.
- Continuous card draw over some of the one shot spells. You have multiple extra land play cards, so you should try to hit those as often as possible. Abzan Beastmaster, Triumph of Ferocity, Elemental Bond and Lifecrafter's Bestiary are usually safe options, Horn of Greed and Fecundity have higher risks involved, but favor your game plan.
- Possible cuts to consider: Soulblast only hits one target for the cost of your whole board, which limits its usability. Angrath's Marauders is likely the most mana inefficient option available for doubling damage. Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer is just big and often doing something more active is preferable.
You probably don't want or need all of that stuff, but you could try some of it and see what works best in your meta.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Since I have already created threads that list commanders and planeswalkers by home plane, I shall now create a thread that lists legendary creatures who have appeared in core sets by home plane.
As with my previous lists, I shall first list the planes known to be home to at least one legendary creature who has appeared in a core set alphabetically by name, and then list each legendary creature from that plane who has appeared in a core set alphabetically by name. If that creature is from a specific region of that plane or is a member of a specific faction on that plane, I shall list that region or faction in parenthesis after their name.
Legendary Creatures Show
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis (Grixis)
What does everyone think of this list? Is it sufficiently informative? Have I improperly labeled any creatures? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.