|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elf
Tap: Destroy target artifact if its converted mana cost is equal to the amount of mana in your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Glissa Sunseeker Discussion
5 days ago
I did a few playtests. The deck can go off, but it's also really limited in the first few turns by the high number of 4 and 5 mana sphinxes. It's also really luck based from the limited tutor power. (The time I went off I had Paradox in my opener.)
griffstick, CyborgAeon: One card does not a meta make. There are plenty of black stax decks in the upper tiers. There's also plenty of decks packing answers for those decks in the top tiers. Nearly every color has access to similar effect anyway (Blood Moon, Back to Basics, Choke, Winter Orb.) No card is powerful enough that we're going to demote commanders left and right because of it.
Hissp, Yeah, I think I'm probably going to put that one up. It's too polished not to have.
apavel, Started a Xiahou brew for you: Xiahou Brew. Not finished, but Him + Paradox Engine + Reanimation Spell seems like a neat way to get infinite mana. Plus you can dump your finisher in the yard. It's probably still going to be T3 though.
Razulghul, Partner commanders are weird because we're not ranking them off of every possible combination here. Can you post over on List of Partner Pairs by Tier with a short description of how your deck plays?
M8yena, That's an interesting deck, but I think it might be too many hoops to jump though for Tolsimir to move up. For comparison, I can make an elfball version of Glissa Sunseeker that blows up all artifacts as it goes off, and it would be about as good as other elfball decks, but that's not enough of an edge to promote her either. It also doesn't help that your main combo is a default 12 mana to play.
3 months ago
Looks like you got most of the major players minus these-
Other good stuff
You can also search up planeswalkers now as well since they are legendary. That opens up a whole other aspect of deck building depending on what you want to do. Hope this gives you some more ideas to brew with!
4 months ago
3 removals, like you said, is definitely way too low. Of course, doesn't have a LOT of removal, but you can consider those :
Scour from Existence, Bramblecrush, Desert Twister, Mwonvuli Acid-Moss, Reclaiming Vines. Land destruction is good for those who use Glacial Chasm, which is bad for your strategy. All Is Dust ONLY if you're in a pinch.
To a certain extent, you can go the route of making everything on the board an artifact with Mycosynth Lattice and all the green artifact/enchantment removal becomes effective against anything - even lands.
Also, an elf deck without Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury? BLASPHEMY! (I'm joking.)
Non-elf too good to pass : Eternal Witness.
Notable utility : Mirri's Guile is a free pseudo scry 3, every turn. Abundance if you do not need any other land drop OR if your absolutely need a land, you can choose... AND! If you got Sylvan Library out with it, it transforms it into a free Draw 3 every turn due to its replacement effect!
Hope this helps a bit!
6 months ago
Hmm...what about Glissa Sunseeker?
6 months ago
Hey you're welcome glad I could help. The changes you've made look good, you've done very well to keep the deck under $60. Thanks also for the upvote at Fury.
Here's three cut options to consider to try to make room for Harbinger. Option one: cut Rishkar, Peema Renegade($1.81), Predation($.47) and Offering($.47). Option two: cut Glissa Sunseeker, Predation and Offering which is lacking $.50 of $2.50. Option three: cut both Rishkar and Glissa.
Your deck is currently at 102 cards so you need to make two cuts to make 100. Rishkar is close to $2.00 making him the best most cost effective cut to add Harbinger. I make these suggestions to add Harbinger because she has much more impact in the deck because she can tutor for any Elf. Rishkar has synergy with a few Elves, but not enough to matter and compare with what Harbinger does for the deck. Ramp is also not really a concern, you have plenty of ramp with lots of other Elves, but creature tutors are lacking which I understand is because of the low budget. Glissa is okay, but she can't compare with what Harbinger does.
8 months ago
9 months ago
first wave of cuts: Unbridled Growth does literally nothing in mono-green, Prophetic Prism same reason, Karametra's Favor don't need. also anything that is giving you energy you dont need it. unless you have some pay off for energy there is no point in running those
things to add (this is a long list so obviously just pick things up as you can. also not all of this will fit in but this is all good stuff):Arbor Elf, Allosaurus Rider, Birchlore Rangers, Bow of Nylea, Cultivate, Devoted Druid, Drove of Elves, Druid of the Cowl, Eladamri, Lord of Leaves, Elvish Archdruid, Elvish Champion, Elvish Harbinger, Elvish Mystic, Elvish Promenade, Elvish Vanguard, Everglove Courier, Explosive Vegetation, Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Fyndhorn Elder, Gaea's Herald, Gladehart Cavalry, Glissa Sunseeker, Greatbow Doyen, Green Sun's Zenith, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Sage, Heritage Druid, Harmonize, Hunting Triad, Immaculate Magistrate, Imperious Perfect, Joraga Treespeaker, Joraga Warcaller, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Mentor, Lys Alana Bowmaster, Lys Alana Huntmaster, Masked Admirers, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Norwood Priestess, Nullmage Shepherd, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Priest of Titania, Realm Seekers, Reclamation Sage, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary, Tajuru Preserver, Talara's Battalion, terrastodon, Thornweald Archer, Titania's Chosen, Viridian Shaman, Wellwisher, Wildslayer Elves, Winnower Patrol, Wirewood Elf, Wren's Run Packmaster, Yeva, Nature's Herald
(takes giant breath)
yeah.. its a lot of stuff. I got a little carried away.. also this is not a budgeted list of suggestions. you will need some of the $3-10 cards to make elves a serious threat.
10 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries