|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Kicker—Sacrifice a creature. (You may sacrifice a creature in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell.)
Search your library for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. If Primal Growth was kicked, instead search your library for two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||sombrevivo , killstars , Reliva , frederiklw , Swamy|
|Want (18)||marsp44 , PopeJonIII , AlphaSp , Thotny , bigblue32123 , Gryffix , frederiklw , kvfd1719 , DerektheRed , Jokulmorder1 , Wraith40k , Equino , mhmaurer , harbinger1221 , cornonjacob , oswrick , GldnUnicorn , Turgenyev|
Primal Growth Discussion
1 month ago
I think Storm the Vault is very much a ramp card--both front and back.
1 month ago
You don't actually need a sac outlet for the Mike&Trike combo, you just need to have the trike ping itself once so that it dies.
Since most of the counter-based cards in this deck don't really need to sit around for very long to get value, I imagine getting Reyhan exiled isn't too big of a deal.
In terms of some suggestions:
- Scavenging Ooze is probably better than Predator Ooze.
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal might be fun for your theme.
- Crop Rotation to find Urborg seems pretty important for Crypt Ghast to do anything given how few swamps the deck is running.
- You seem a little light on early ramp. Some number of Golgari Signet, Primal Growth, Kodama's Reach or Cultivate might not be amiss. I also like Yavimaya Elder
- When playing out of your graveyard, Hermit Druid is pretty much broken.
- Grave Titan is arguably even better than Wurmcoil in Meren.
Some possible cuts:
- I think Gyre Sage is worse than a ramp spell. In general, if you can afford the setup it needs to be good, you probably don't need the mana.
- I've run and cut Dark Imposter a lot of times. At 9 mana to do anything, it's almost always worse than Ravenous Chupacabra.
- Endrek Sahr is probably worth keeping an eye on. He gets worse the more board wipes your meta has.
- Also probably worth watching Bloodspore Thrinax and Mycoloth. Thrinax seems really solid here. Mycoloth is another "high upside, but puts such a huge target on you that it backfires a lot" sort of card.
Good luck. Looks like a fun list.
3 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
Dawntreader Elk will be better than Embodiment of Spring due to the lack of tap requirement. But as for the question about running a 1CMC who sacs for 2 or a 2CMC who sacs for 1; Technially the 1CMC who sacs for 2 is better as you can paly it turn 1 and sac it turn two rahter than playing it turn 2 and having to wait to sac it until turn 3.
Also on your comment - Yavimaya Elder is actually not ramp. While he's a source of card advantage, he is slow and only puts lands in your hand. A card I have been impresseed with however is Heart Warden. Acts as ramp early game but is repeatable card advantage late game with your commander.
There's also Primal Growth which while not repeatable, gets you two lands and lets you get benefit from another creature ETB with your commander. In the same vein is Far Wanderings which benefits from having a full graveyard.
4 months ago
Hey, thanks for the comment!
Once I get my hands to Horn of Greed I will try it for sure.
Sword of the Animist , Blackblade Reforged : After playing the deck I realized that I don't want to attack with any of my creatures (apart from tokens) because most of the time I combo out. Also one iteration with Tatyova is more than enough so Helm of the Host is a win more. Wood Elves , Grow from the Ashes : On 3 CMC I prefer two for one ramp spells like Cultivate . I guess that I could try replacing Primal Growth for Grow to see how it goes.
4 months ago
Here's how it would work:
Play any kicker spell, say Primal Growth, and sac a token for the kicker cost. It and a Hallar (and she has 0 counters, say) trigger goes on the stack.
With Strionic Resonator out, you pay it, targeting Hallar. Hallar would deal 1 damage after getting its counter.
Then, the original Hallar trigger resolves, and it gets another counter, dealing 2 this time for a total of 3 (from both triggers).
5 months ago
Cut deathreap ritual it's not a guaranteed draw, Phyrexian Arena is just better. Cut Chromatic lantern, its only good in 3 color+ decks; in this deck it's a wasted card slot.
Cut Primal Vigor, and just add Doubling Season as it doubles the amount of spore counters put on your fungus every turn.
Cut Greener Pastures, it just helps your opponents as much as you.
Cut Strength In Numbers, in this deck you are either going to combo out or swing wide with a bunch of dudes.
Cut Evolutionary Leap, you don't have many creatures you make tokens.
Cut Life And Limb, because its gonna feel real bad when Lindsy WOGs your lands away.
Cut Costly Plunder
Cut Sprout Swarm, your commander does that for 1 mana less
Cut a tutor, I don't care which one and replace it with Natural Order to tutor up a Craterhoof Behemoth(yes you need one of these) for game.
Cards you NEED to add:
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: This will just win you games with brute force.
- Emrakul's Evangel: Can be a win con, and does turn a bunch of your 1/1's into 3/2s
- High Market
- Viscera Seer: This can help you get to answers if you need them
- Smothering Abomination: Sure it comes at a cost but it's a lot of draw power
- Reprocess: You can draw insane amounts of cards with this.
- Primal Growth: stupid good ramp, and you will almost always be able to sac something into it.
Here are some cards worth looking at, not nessecarily SHOULD go in: