|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Kicker—Sacrifice a creature. (You may sacrifice a creature in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell.)
Search your library for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. If Primal Growth was kicked, instead search your library for two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||sombrevivo , killstars , Reliva , frederiklw , Swamy|
|Want (25)||marsp44 , PopeJonIII , JBert , Eratosthenes , Thotny , bigblue32123 , Gryffix , frederiklw , Gordanfreman1 , kvfd1719 , Verusor , Jokulmorder1 , drjager21 , meatpopsicle42 , harbinger1221 , oswrick , Equino , AlphaSp , Turgenyev , EDWlNNING , cornonjacob , Wraith40k , DerektheRed , allyrallytally , AyyAyyRon|
Primal Growth Discussion
1 week ago
Update: Wanted to make the deck a bit faster, cutting out some "cute" cards, and add some toolbox stuff 1. Primal Growth OUT > Elvish Mystic IN 2. Mulch OUT > Satyr Wayfinder IN 3. Viridian Emissary OUT > Llanowar Elves 4. Crop Rotation OUT > Arbor Elf 5. Solemn Simulacrum OUT > Priest of Titania 6. Crypt of Agadeem OUT > Homeward Path WHY: 1, 3 and 4 are some of the 1cmc mana dorks I want to test at the moment. I'll decide on only adding these because I don't want to change the deck drastically and these are the best ones in my opinion (Given that I don't have a Birds of Paradise currently available. Primal Growth and Viridian Emissary are slower ramps and they needed to be cut off someday. Crop Rotation is currently out because I don't have a lot of utility lands to search for, and it felt like a weird draw 80% of my games. 2 was an obvious change, really, since Satyr is way better given it's a creature. The only reason I didn't change it before is because I couldn't find that card in my collection since I put it on a forgotten corner after so many whiffs with it. 5 was a bold move, after I counted that almost 1/4 of my creatures are elves, I wanted to test Priest to see how well she performs, although I'm a bit unsure on that yet 6 happened because the crypt never seemed to make a huge difference on table. Most of the time, it was just a swamp that entered tapped, wasting a turn. I know Homeward Path produces colorless, but I believe its effect is worth the for this cost. Besides, there's Urborg, so once that's on the battlefield, at the worst case, we can tap it for black. Best case, we avoid dying to spells and effects such as Insurrection. And since creature stealing is pretty common on the format, I believe that this new addition will work out quite well in our favor.
1 week ago
1 month ago
Thanks for your suggestions!
I actively avoided adding Meren of Clan Nel Toth as everyone in my playgroup that has a deck of golgari colours runs her.
Out of the second list you suggested I have variations of cards that do the same thing; which is also true for your fourth list of suggestions.
In my first iteration of the deck I had Corpsejack Menace etc but I've found that I didn't need them for +1/+1 counters to get out of hand.
1 month ago
Golgari? Sacrifice Themed?
Oh, come on now, Meren of Clan Nel Toth is a must have!
There are some crads, which have "Sacrifice a creature" as an additional cost, which could be beneficial to you:
These cards are useful tools as well:
You are kind of not using the +1/+1 counter ability of your commander enough, if you ask me. These cards enhance the ability of your commander:
These cards make your opponents sacrifice stuff, whenever you lose your own stuff, which means, they practically get hit twice as much:
Also nice buffs alongside:
3 months ago
I think Storm the Vault is very much a ramp card--both front and back.
3 months ago
You don't actually need a sac outlet for the Mike&Trike combo, you just need to have the trike ping itself once so that it dies.
Since most of the counter-based cards in this deck don't really need to sit around for very long to get value, I imagine getting Reyhan exiled isn't too big of a deal.
In terms of some suggestions:
- Scavenging Ooze is probably better than Predator Ooze.
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal might be fun for your theme.
- Crop Rotation to find Urborg seems pretty important for Crypt Ghast to do anything given how few swamps the deck is running.
- You seem a little light on early ramp. Some number of Golgari Signet, Primal Growth, Kodama's Reach or Cultivate might not be amiss. I also like Yavimaya Elder
- When playing out of your graveyard, Hermit Druid is pretty much broken.
- Grave Titan is arguably even better than Wurmcoil in Meren.
Some possible cuts:
- I think Gyre Sage is worse than a ramp spell. In general, if you can afford the setup it needs to be good, you probably don't need the mana.
- I've run and cut Dark Imposter a lot of times. At 9 mana to do anything, it's almost always worse than Ravenous Chupacabra.
- Endrek Sahr is probably worth keeping an eye on. He gets worse the more board wipes your meta has.
- Also probably worth watching Bloodspore Thrinax and Mycoloth. Thrinax seems really solid here. Mycoloth is another "high upside, but puts such a huge target on you that it backfires a lot" sort of card.
Good luck. Looks like a fun list.