|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to four land cards with different names and reveal them. An opponent chooses two of those cards. Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||GoldGhost012 , gosora , rakdos24 , silvereh , golgarigirl , CastleSiege , Ashy , ZombieFood , switchkill65 , accioali , Kravian , MrCrazzyc|
|Want (3)||twospires , Fergernuggets , fireborne1986|
Realms Uncharted Discussion
50 minutes ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
3 weeks ago
Congregation at Dawn Realms Uncharted Predatory Focus Soul's Might Kindred Summons Canopy Vista Cinder Glade Command Tower Jungle Shrine Naya Panorama Sacred Foundry Temple of Abandon Temple of Plenty Temple of Triumph Unclaimed Territory
1 month ago
What ramp is best, what to cut?
1 month ago
From gitrog I have: Ash Barrens, Barren Moor, Blighted Woodland, Ebon StrongholdF, Raven's Crime, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Sylvan Safekeeper, Exploration, Squandered Resources, and Pernicious Deed
2 months ago
Good list! After perusing it and a few other Land-based decks, I decided to make a series of changes.
Over all, I think these changes give me better Landfall triggers, more potential for Land Sacrifice + Recursion, and just simply better value. There were a few cuts in there that I didn't really want to make, but I think it's worth it in the end.
2 months ago
Seeing as your deck is budget, I'll try to keep the suggestions under $3. I just made a BoBo deck, so here's a few cards that have been great for me.
Swiftfoot Boots, Journeyer's Kite, and Firewild Borderpost are all amazing for BoBo as well, either putting him online faster, or giving more fuel and making it more consistant to cast your spells even with a land light draw if you're unlucky.
Soul's Majesty, and Rishkar's Expertise can both draw you a tonne of cards with BoBo, and the latter even lets you cast another spell for free. I also like Realms Uncharted, but it's better in my build than this one due to a higher non-basic land count. Any lands with Cycling are also great, as they can give you extra card draw if you don't need the damage, or need to dig for answers.
Keen Sense and Snake Umbra a sooooooo goooood in this deck, allowing you to draw a card anytime a land goes to the face of an opponent. These 2 cards are probably 2 of the most powerful effects in the deck, with the latter actually protecting BoBo as well.
Hope any of this is helpful, and doesn't break the bank too bad.
3 months ago
Gottsplitter, you too!? thank you so much for the ideas, i think theyre all great! But about the panoranas you suggested; i dont know, i guess im just weird because even if it would help the deck and i would benefit from it because i would be getting more land drops, i wont use them simply because theyre off color.(you can say im a little OCD) Yavimaya Elder,Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip and Sylvan Advocate are all cards that ive considered but havent gotten my hands on yet. and im going to have to find a Scryb Ranger and see how it goes, i can see how it would be useful. i would definitely have Life from the Loam in here as well, but i havent gotten a copy yet.(youre right about it being a little pricey)Realms Uncharted is a good idea too because even with the lands that end up in my graveyard, it wont matter if i can just get them back with Ramunap Excavator on the field. very clever indeed good sir. ill try and pick one up. Definitely let me know when you have your deck posted, and ill try and return the favor. thanks again so much
3 months ago
Hi Duff 87!
One can see that you put a lot of thought into the deck!
I built and played a similar deck for a while now and have some suggestions for you to consider:
Yavimaya Elder is also a good way to get more lands and is a common
Krosan Tusker is very versatile for a land-fetch
I found Scryb Ranger extremly usefull for all its abilities. Most usefull in your deck is of cause the bounce-a-forest-ability. But an surprising blocker by flashing it in and untapping a creature can kill an attacking creature and the protection saved my life more than once with my Mina and Denn-Deck.
Also World Breaker proofed very useful as repeatable and colorless removal in some cases.
As you already play the two embodiments (of fury and insight) a Sylvan Advocate would be a nice addition
Realms Uncharted is a very good land fetch for nonbasic lands.
Although not cheap a Life from the Loam can be put to very good use in such a deck
Also on the higher price segment we have Lotus Cobra which is very good even in multiplayer as is fuels you with mana in your turns which I always could put to good use.
+1 for the well thought through deck of yours.
For further inspiration I will add the link to my decklist later, when I put it on tapped out.
Greetings form Gottsplitter