|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to four land cards with different names and reveal them. An opponent chooses two of those cards. Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||GoldGhost012 , gosora , silvereh , Metaphisyk , Cazaz0816 , Florg , techneil , Kleptozaniac , Sav547 , rakdos24 , CastleSiege , Ashy , ZombieFood , switchkill65 , accioali , Kravian , MrCrazzyc|
|Want (24)||darbodeluxe , Sonlin , Sky_Ward_Syndicate , TheRedDeath , snoopywashere , Xats , angelx , CryAll , CoryDean , WarIsHats , Wolfninja , agardels , ShishkyBob , TheSuperDodo , cannon_Spectacle , relyks16 , Cowshogun , Verbatiam , kovellen , twospires , Fergernuggets , 1337_Nerd , fireborne1986 , Kronos_EXE|
Realms Uncharted Discussion
3 days ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.
3 days ago
Always great to see another Azusa player. It looks like your deck is based around going wide with elves for fast early mana to be finished with an explosive cradle. Since you're playing mono green, you should upgrade your mana base. You could also go with better LD like Strip Mine and Wasteland or even Ghost Quarter or just add more LD to go with crucible and Ramunap Excavator (add this card now!)
Other non LD options to mana base include the following...
Cavern of Souls - It seems you have a lot of hate for blue. Lets help.
Eldrazi Temple - Fuel eldrazi
Eye of Ugin - Tutor for eldrazi
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Highly underrated but subjective to meta
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Baby cradle
Reliquary Tower - Always useful
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen is great
I know you have a lot of 1 drop elves, but some flexibility in your land base is key.
Now to find the utility lands...
Realms Uncharted - Just added this to my azusa deck and it works very well. Get the utility lands you need (politics) or recur them later with crucible and the excavtor (ADD HIM!)
Tempt with Discovery - Worst = Gaea's cradle untapped. Best = 5 untapped lands of your choice. RUN THIS!
You're going to want a lot of card draw with azusa since you'll be dumping your hand. Large bursts of card draw are preferred over slower incremental card draw
Garruk, Primal Hunter > Soul's Magesity. Or just have both. Same effect with more options for the same mana
Rishkar's Expertise > soul's magesity. Much strong effect for 1 more mana.
Shamanic Revelation - Baby regal force
Aside from your eldrazi, you dont have much creature removal. Green's weak point. As such, you should consider the following...
Song of the Dryads - enchant it on their commander and watch them cry
Lignify - Same with above but cheaper/budget. Easier to remove
Beast Within - Instant speed permanent removal
Vernal Bloom > heartbeat of spring. It costs 1 more, but since most of your lands are forests (even after adding in utility), it will help you more than them most of the time rather than all of the time.
It looks like you really hate the blue player. You could consider adding Dosan the Falling Leaf to replace or be redundant to hall of the gemstone.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa - Works well with cradle, provides wincon and anti-boardwipe. HIGHLY recommended for your type of deck.
I would take out all 3 of your artifacts with an activated ability (everything except crucible and horn) and put in Null Rod. Since you're green, you will be ramping with lands and not artifacts like all 4 other colors do. If you remove your global mana doublers (aside from vernal bloom) and put in null rod, then you will be effectively winning the ramp race AND making it difficult for them to catch up. Don't forget blue decks use artifacts ;)
Blackblade Reforged - Azusa voltron! Fuels greater food effects.
Now for the ramp....
Boundless Realms - RAMP!!!
Courser of Kruphix - Ramp!
Lotus Cobra - Ramp
I know I offered a lot of suggestions so here are just a few ideas of what to cut, if you want more, lmk.
Norwood Priestess - You dont need to cheat things into play
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - It's ok, but you should ramp and provide evasion though less killable cards.
Elvish pipe - See norwood
Wirewood Channeler - How do you feel about him? I took him out of my elf deck because he felt slow. Maybe he works for you? I still feel his slot of ramp could be replace with non-creature based ramp since you already run so many elves at lower CMC that does similar effects like Priest of Titania of Evlish Archdruid. I feel it is TOO redundant to have him.
Garruk's Packleader - Cool but elemental bond or any other card draw is better
Grazing Gladehart - Just bad, if you need lifegain, see Miren, the Moaning Well which acts as a sac outlet to prevent your stuff from getting exiled/stolen, life and AND tutorable and doesnt take up a slot in your deck
While our decks differ, you can get some ideas by checking out my list Azusa, Lost but Woke
4 days ago
All I can see when I look at your name is Kakarot (Goku from DBZ). Anways, since you're running mono green, your mana base could use some utility in there. I understand you need green mana for your commander's ability but some utility is key.
Cavern of Souls - 30% of your deck is creatures and you run boseju but not this?
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste outlet that doesnt help your opponents or take a slot in the deck. Worth considering.
Miren, the Moaning Well - Used to prevent them from stealing your commander or exiling important creatures. Life gain is always nice too :)
Petrified Field - Getting back cradle or utility land
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen your commander? Yes please! Also a RL card so good investment.
Tempt with Discovery - Gets cradle untapped (very underated card). Add it.
Crop Rotation - Helps lower your curve, find's cradle, could replace concordant crossroad at the 1 CMC slot (if you choose to add in hall of the bandit lord). Slyvan scrying is your only way to find cradle which seems to be a focal point of your deck.
Elemental Bond - Could replace Garruk packleader. While it isn't a creature to fuel cradle, it is less prone to creature removal. Then again, you say your meta has a lot of artifact enchantment removal, so it depends. Also, it only interacts with 13 creatures. At that point, you might just want to add Greater Good. Nets card advantage, acts as a sac outlet. ADD IT
Dryad Arbor - Fuels cradle and interacts with Green Sun Zenith for X = 0.
Shamanic Revelation - If you aren't taking out pack leader for elemental bond, at least take it out for this. Synergy with your token generation from your commander and avenger.
Beastmaster Ascension - EH, maybe add it. Can make your dudes huge.
You can also take this deck to a more token based strategy which is based on finding cradle and fueling it through tokens. Should you choose to do so, I would add the following...
Wolfbriar Elemental - Wolves!!!
Ant Queen - Steady token generator
Realms Uncharted - Helps you find utility lands. If you choose to add fetchlands in the deck's future, then this choose then as well. Might also want to add a crucible to provide redundancy, but thats for later.
Rude Awakening - Add it, trust me. Super ritual with built in win con
Early Harvest - Weaker version of above
Magus of the Candelabra - To untap utility lands and cheap cradle fuel
Birthing Pod - While i've never completely understood the power of this card, but you'r creature curve looks really good and you might want to consider this as an additional creature tutor to ensure consistency.
Why no vernal bloom?
I honestly didn't even mean to comment this much but your deck seems really interesting. I look forward to reviewing your thought process on these potential additions. Cheers!
2 weeks ago
I think Storm the Vault is very much a ramp card--both front and back.
2 weeks ago
Is budget a thing here? If not, we should play the lands that win games. Dark Depths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale and manlands should be in here i'd say. Dark Depths in is worst case, is a mana sink with payout. In it's best case, it wins games. You can get the land back with and copy it with Thespian Stage. Also Realms Uncharted is a thing. Make split between Snow-Covered basics and normal ones so you could potentionally target the same basic twice.
1 month ago
@cicely24: Grave Betrayal is a super cool card, great art and powerful ability but 7 is a very high cost for a card that usually gets cast and then destroyed before any value. There are a few ways to recur it in this deck but a creature would be much easier to abuse in the deck. If you really like the card then use it but in my opinion the are better choices. Another card that is amazing with Realms Uncharted is Petrified Field. I'm not sure if I'm going to put it in because I don't want too much colorless mana but I might test it out.
1 month ago
I actually went to my lgs yesterday and got a few cards including Realms Uncharted! I already had World Shaper but youre so right, it really is a great synergy. I will definitely check back often for more inspiration from your deck!! Do you have any thoughts on Grave Betrayal? I thought it might work with cards like Grave Pact or Dictate of Erebos. Too expensive or situational?
1 month ago
@cicely24: Thanks! I put a lot of effort into the card choices and synergies. The categories separate the cards into the basic categories but so many cards have multiple purposes, especially the lands. I playtest and make changes fairly often so keep checking back. My favorite interaction currently is Realms Uncharted and World Shaper. Even without World Shaper you can always snag Strip Mine and Wasteland in addition to the other two you want and threaten to blow up lands if you don't get what you want.