|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to four land cards with different names and reveal them. An opponent chooses two of those cards. Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||GoldGhost012 , golgarigirl , CastleSiege , Ashy , ZombieFood , switchkill65 , accioali , Kravian , MrCrazzyc|
|Want (3)||twospires , Fergernuggets , fireborne1986|
Realms Uncharted Discussion
1 week ago
Gottsplitter, you too!? thank you so much for the ideas, i think theyre all great! But about the panoranas you suggested; i dont know, i guess im just weird because even if it would help the deck and i would benefit from it because i would be getting more land drops, i wont use them simply because theyre off color.(you can say im a little OCD) Yavimaya Elder,Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip and Sylvan Advocate are all cards that ive considered but havent gotten my hands on yet. and im going to have to find a Scryb Ranger and see how it goes, i can see how it would be useful. i would definitely have Life from the Loam in here as well, but i havent gotten a copy yet.(youre right about it being a little pricey)Realms Uncharted is a good idea too because even with the lands that end up in my graveyard, it wont matter if i can just get them back with Ramunap Excavator on the field. very clever indeed good sir. ill try and pick one up. Definitely let me know when you have your deck posted, and ill try and return the favor. thanks again so much
1 week ago
Hi Duff 87!
One can see that you put a lot of thought into the deck!
I built and played a similar deck for a while now and have some suggestions for you to consider:
Yavimaya Elder is also a good way to get more lands and is a common
Krosan Tusker is very versatile for a land-fetch
I found Scryb Ranger extremly usefull for all its abilities. Most usefull in your deck is of cause the bounce-a-forest-ability. But an surprising blocker by flashing it in and untapping a creature can kill an attacking creature and the protection saved my life more than once with my Mina and Denn-Deck.
Also World Breaker proofed very useful as repeatable and colorless removal in some cases.
As you already play the two embodiments (of fury and insight) a Sylvan Advocate would be a nice addition
Realms Uncharted is a very good land fetch for nonbasic lands.
Although not cheap a Life from the Loam can be put to very good use in such a deck
Also on the higher price segment we have Lotus Cobra which is very good even in multiplayer as is fuels you with mana in your turns which I always could put to good use.
+1 for the well thought through deck of yours.
For further inspiration I will add the link to my decklist later, when I put it on tapped out.
Greetings form Gottsplitter
2 weeks ago
It's bad. Playable, but bad. I' have been working on it with a friend, this is the concept version, which is why it plays four of almost everything. When the deck works, it is awesome, I definitely need to work on the mana base, now that I think of it, I could drop a few Dunes of the Dead for ghost quarter and more green. I am going to drop Scapeshift for Realms Uncharted. As for the green mana, I have been stupidly lucky with it and got a green source by turn three. I have been screwed over a few times, but it happens way less than I thought it would. As for Oath of Nissa, I am a little wary to add it as I don't use the second effect.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Righteous Authority is another card that comes to mind for me in terms of something that at a glance looks really great with lots of potential with so many Spellbook effects available...and all the ckeeky kamigawa cards out there like Jushi Apprentice/Kiyomaro, First to Stand but again mana investment makes it pretty tough to pull off for 5 mana to be just part of a combo piece.
@Sinist3r yeah id love to take a peek at another Skaab Ruinator brew!and yeah i agree about card disadvantage, life gain, and +1/+1 counter based cards to be difficult to navigate traps for a lot of players (I've been that guy more than once..).
1 month ago
Other oddball cards I'd like to use are Fossil Find, Boneyard Wurm, and Nighthowler. I also wish there was there was room in decks to play the Skarrg, the Rage Pits cycle of utility lands from the original Ravnica.
1 month ago
Splendid Reclamation, Evolutionary Leap, Dance of the Dead, Necromancy, Realms Uncharted, Voldaren Pariah, Exhume, Collective Brutality, Corpse Dance, Diabolic Intent, Duplicant, Griselbrand, Rune-Scarred Demon, Wurmcoil Engine, Volrath's Stronghold, Footsteps of the Goryo
2 months ago
Thanks for checking out my list!
- By running pretty much all of the non basic tutors (though I do want to swap out Realms Uncharted for an Hour of Promise so I'm not giving any choice to an opponent), grabbing Cradle isnt hard. From there mana isnt a huge issue unless wraths are a thing, which in my typically 1v1 meta isnt really. In multiplayer I could probably swap some of the artifact hate out (relying on the other 2 players to help on that front), to include some of the heavier hitting ramp spells.
- Kinda the same. Since my combos unfortunately need a lot of slots, I've had to cut somewhere. 37 lands is still plenty. Getting screwed doesnt not happen, but its not frequent. At least from my experience. Maybe variance will rear its head and I'll get my comeuppance with a long streak of being screwed.
- I do plan on getting a Taiga in the near-ish future, funds are a thing at the moment though. This is my actual paper list, one of the big reasons why I havent posted it to that tapped out tier list as an example to bump them up to tier 3. I understand the combo is janky and too slow for high end play, but from my experience the tier 4 description that starts with "weak" doesnt apply either. If cedh fast combo decks are defined as turns 3-5 wins, this deck is easily in the 5-7, sometimes 8 range. Thats not weak, its just not the strongest either. On the times I have done multiplayer the deck has done surprisingly well even at tier 2 tables (even before I got my cradle), but I also understand variance from meta to meta is a thing so I'm not aiming exceptionally high on that front. 3 feels right, but again this deck isnt technically fully optimized.
- Vesuva is in the side board, and I have used it. It does find a place in the deck, right now the Stage is doing a bang up job for me though.
- Yes, as explained in one of my sections the wilds and expanse are place holders for the big daddy fetches. Again, funds.
- Ghost Town... I see that as using Gruul Turf's slot as it bounces itself, even though you run both (you run more lands in general). But the turf generates more mana and its colored, so imo its better. I'd need to playtest to change my mind on that. Maze of Ith... my typically 1v1 meta is against another combo deck, Arcum. Arcum doesnt attack, so thats probably maybe board material and meta dependent. Homeward Path is nice though. Worth considering if I get into more multiplayer games against more control decks or that surprise blowout in red. Wasteland... I have Strip Mine, currently dont feel like I need the redundancy. I feel a lot of these may be meta considerations to be honest.
Looking at your list, your average cmc is much higher. That may be where your mana concerns for my deck come from. It may not seem like much, but the difference between 4.1 and 2.71 is absolutely monstrous; even at the 3.2 my deck once was at I felt it was way too slow, and even though Hour of Promise is better than Realms Uncharted part of me really loathes the idea of increasing my average cmc by even that small amount.
You also seem to have gone for a much stronger land destruction package, presumably to slow everyone else down so your average cmc isnt as big a hurdle. I've thought about going that route too, but decided to make the janky combo as good as it could be. I just dont have the space to do a land destruction/control package proper imo.
Again, thanks for stopping by!