|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Khalni Heart Expedition
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a quest counter on Khalni Heart Expedition.
Remove three quest counters from Khalni Heart Expedition and sacrifice it: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Khalni Heart Expedition Discussion
3 days ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
4 days ago
Non Creature Spells: Explore x4 - You get draw power on top of playing more land. Star of Extinction x4Lightning Bolt x4Harrow x4Khalni Heart Expedition ?? Possible Choice ...maybeBlasphemous Act Magma Jet x4 - It's a quick 2 damage, AND you get to scry to manipulate your top deck which is extremely vital for this deck. Fog You are going to need stall power
I really think mana ramping and having some mana dorks and the proper land to make up for the colored mana for White wold be best for this deck. Plus you can do that white kami that you can sacrifice that is basically just like a fog and have a total of 8 fog in your deck until you get your stuff doll out and start blasting stuffy with your burn spells.
1 week ago
1 week ago
This is basically a Landfall and burn with Bloodbraid elf. At least that is the idea so far.
I can't afford playsets of the expensive 20 dollar 50 dollar lands btw.
Anyway, I at least need another creature, but I don't know what. Maybe a planeswalker? No idea. I have not played in a while.
I am thinking of these at the moment.
Undergrowth Champion What do you guys think?
2 weeks ago
mana issue i like, casue thertically your striping ur deck of 3 cards at a time which limits less land pull so you can get your big guys out and spells...
keep the evolving wilds, I know the game is all about mana and get the fetch lands, but honestly, I go with evolving wilds and I use cards that strip my deck of lands so there all out on the field and i have nothing but creatures and spells to pull...i highly recomend for you
Generator Servant --you do get to slit the mana and have 2 creatures with haste, i confermed with a judge when this card cam out, next for raw speed power....Karametra's Acolyte Nissa's Expedition Explore Everflowing Chalice Khalni Heart Expedition Xenagos, the Reveler
now for the symic deck...the most fricken broken hydra i know..Heroes' Bane next is its mother Hydra Broodmaster id you can find away to bounc eit, the counters shed of and yo ucan poop tokens again...this gy is a beast Managorger Hydra Forgotten Ancient Gyre Sage Lorescale Coatl
my simic deck..great offenc and deffensive capabilities....http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-16-evolution/
4 weeks ago
Ramp is a good choice. Landfall is always a good choice.
Finishers - You will need some big stompy finishers, the coup de grace of any ramp deck. 3 Omnath, Locus of Rage - as it is so good and on theme, 3 Primeval Titan as it works great with Wolf Run, fetching it as it enters the battlefield, 2 Rubblehulk for another cheap yet massive dude that has alternative uses, 2 Clan Defiance for killing a dude or two, as well as the opponent. 26 cards to go.
Ramp - the name of the game is getting more than 1 land into play per turn. 4 Arbor Elf and 4 Utopia Sprawl combine to make an obscene amount of mana. 4 Lotus Cobra (budget with 4 Rampant Growth) and 4 Khalni Heart Expedition are on theme and great! 10 to go.
Protection - we need to survive until the later turns where we are stronger. 4 Courser of Kruphix will let s play lands more often, while also protecting our life. 4 Searing Blaze and 2 Flame Slash can get rid us of pesky dudes.
The deck runs a bit expensive, but if you skimp on cobras for now, you will be good to go in terms of cheapness.
4 weeks ago
well you defenitely dont want Blood Moon in there.You dont need Panharmonicon the Titans will be enough.Primal Command and Lightning Bolt are better in the sideboard I suppose.Blossoming Defense is also not really necessary.
1 month ago
What ramp is best, what to cut?