Return any number of cards with different converted mana costs from your graveyard to your hand. Put Seasons Past on the bottom of its owner's library
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||DudeMan1031 , ecurps , Swamy , ZombieFood , mymanpotsandpans , zachi , Dredgar , Forkbeard , clayperce , The_Grape , TheRealPeaches|
Seasons Past Discussion
1 hour ago
I keep hearing/reading that people think green has trouble drawing cards. Sure, it can't really compete with blue, and you can certainly argue black comes in second, but green has great card advantage options as well. In my eyes, used correctly, they can be even better than most black tools (with the exceptions of Ad Nauseam and Necropotence which are both insane). I'm not going to go into detail, but just list you some green card advantage: Sylvan Library, Glimpse of Nature, Harmonize, Fecundity, Skullmulcher, Greater Good, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Genesis Wave, Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Recycle, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, Praetor's Counsel, Seasons Past, Vizier of the Menagerie. Also, you have access to colorless cards like Mind's Eye, Memory Jar, Skullclamp, Horn of Greed and Slate of Ancestry. Obviously most of those cards require specific circumstances to work, like a high powered creature, a big number of creatures or lots of mana. Just select the ones that fit what your deck is trying to do and test to find the right number.
6 days ago
I like the looks of this, you're very balanced, but with heavier emphasis on ramp than my own Wort deck here on TappedOut which is a lot more token centric. I also love Rude Awakening its very good tech, would honestly be such an overloaded card if it could be done at instant speed because you could essentially threaten to reset the entire board if someone tries to board wipe, which is we are honest, is a HUGE problem to Wort and all things we hold dear, maybe more for my token style of Wort, but even for something such as this its a horrid set back. If I can make a few, he tends to make a target of himself, but Krenko, Mob Boss is great tech for Wort. He allows for great coverage in terms of red tokens and creates more every time if left alone allowing for a great deal of board pressure as you opponents can easily lose the game with such a swell of power. While maybe not as reliable Animist's Awakening also holds a great deal as at least a sideboard include to this as a mid-game ramp card, paying even 8-9 for this then copying it is can get you a LOT of value, and if you've cast 2-3 spells already all the lads you find come in untapped, even lands that say they come in untapped as the second ability untaps the lands after they have all been played allowing for a longer turn. Another great card I have found for Wort is Seasons Past its recursion so I don't think anymore needs to be said on that matter.
1 week ago
Looks like a fun deck, Rafiq is great and can be very powerful!
Saw your deck on the commander thread, here are some quick suggestions, hopefully some of them you like and are in your budget. Cheers!
Lands: cut Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree and some of your ETB tapped lands for some etb untapped multicolor lands to help your color production be reliable: Command Tower, Yavimaya Coast, Adarkar Wastes, Prairie Stream, City of Brass, Breeding Pool.
ramp: Sol Ring, Simic Signet,Azorius Signet, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach.
Wrath of God > Terminus.
Rout > Martial Coup.
Counterspell, Arcane Denial, Swan Song, Swords to Plowshares, Cyclonic Rift.
Eternal Witness, Seasons Past, Mystical Tutor, Archaeomancer.
Recurring Insight, Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius.
things to help Rafiq of the Many crush your enemies:
Rancor, Inquisitor's Flail, Steel of the Godhead, Shield of the Oversoul, Swiftfoot Boots, maybe Command Beacon, Sword of Vengeance, maybe Sigarda's Aid.
given how many creatures creatures you run, you might want some tricks to protect your board from boardwipes. Bastion Protector, Make a Stand, Dauntless Escort may or may not be useful.
anyway those are just the things i thought of. I built a rafiq deck a while ago, you should be able to find it in my profile if you want any more suggestions, i went a little bit more in on the pillowfort/control/combo side of things but the list was a bit pricier too. anyway have fun and keep crushing!
1 week ago
Out: Kodama's Reach;
In: Explosive Vegetation;
2 weeks ago
Training Grounds discounts tasigur activations. In my tasigur deck i employ a combo to finish the games. Deadeye Navigator + Peregrine Drake gives you infinite mana then with tasigur you can activate it infinite times to put every non land in the deck in hand and every land in the graveyard at which time i either use Stroke of Genius, Profane Command, or the last resort Seasons Past + Time Warp. Happy gathering!
3 weeks ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
4 weeks ago
Hi, cool deck and very unique! mono-green artifact synergy in EDH is pretty unusal!
saw your deck on the commander thread. I have not built a mono green edh deck but here are some quick suggestions, hopefully some of them are in your budget and/or look fun enough to run.
two things that green does fantastically that could tune-up your list are ramp and recursion. some ramp cards like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Skyshroud Claim could fit in over Attune with Aether depending on how dedicated to the energy subtheme you are. also Sol Ring!!
for recursion, Regrowth and Recollect are sometimes better than Reclaim, Pulse of Murasa. also i really like Seasons Past over Wildest Dreams - six mana for a full hand over ~2 cards.
a couple options for your win cons, depending on if you want to lean more towards combo or more towards token/stompy wins.
combo: Staff of Domination, Paradox Engine, and mana dorks like Fyndhorn Elves, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds can get you into a big mana/card draw situation. Cloud Key is another foundry inspector.
token stompy: cards like Hornet Queen, Myr Battlesphere, Avenger of Zendikar, coupled with more overrun effects like Overwhelming Stampede, Triumph of the Hordes, or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can give you a more aggro tilt. Genesis Wave may be a fun option for either direction.
finally if you want to run more removal/disruption, Beast Within, Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime, Terastodon, all help the cause and provide bodies to swing or block.
hope this all helps and sorry if it is goodstuff suggestions! cheers and have fun.
4 weeks ago
Maybe Havengul Lich you dont have alot of creatures so why not use your opponents lol. Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur goes with your commander kinda, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind is just another hard creature to get rid of and can change to what you need, I saw you want Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir so why not Seedborn Muse both of them make up Prophet of Kruphix. Sultai Ascendancy and Rashmi, Eternities Crafter help with draw so you know what you are going to draw. Talent of the Telepath lets you play their cards and who know what wonderful things you can get from it hehehe! Expropriate I mean he's on the card and I love this thing if you get to play it its dumb and you have Boseiju, Who Shelters All so it can happen lol. Maybe Seasons Past to get cards back idk. Kruphix, God of Horizons is a good card I think helps with mana and your hand and if they want to get rid of it they have to exhale it. I really like the idea of playing with everyone else deck and your is there to just help you do it. I really like your deck and idea I hope these might help you. Could you look at my deck and see tell me what you think.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 268 VIEWS