Please login to comment
It comes to my mind more suff that trigger when you attack Captain's Claws, Goblin Rabblemaster, Hero of Bladehold, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Launch the Fleet, Soltari Champion, Accorder Paladin, Goblin Wardriver, Hero of Oxid Ridge, Wingmate Roc, Frontline Medic, Firemane Avenger.
Or when they deal combat damage Prophetic Flamespeaker Skeleton Key, Mask of Memory, Rogue's Gloves, Specter's Shroud, Destructive Urge, Markov Blademaster, Slith Ascendant, Blinding Angel, Falkenrath Marauders and any of the "sword of A and B".
I'm always looking for a Boros deck to run the Sunforger too bad you have so few instants.
Card draw is hard in Boros, so I'd also try to use Staff of Nin, The Immortal Sun together with the Ghirapur Orrery you already included.
I hope you find something useful among these cards.
February 19, 2018 11:26 a.m.
I think the deck is missfocused, some of your cards cards that want you to have a big graveyard, and other cards that eat your graveyard away, those two mechanics don't work well together, on the other hand your commander want's to keep your graveyard small so your oppnent have fewer options to choose a bad card.
You can consider changing your commander to someone who benefits more from dredging (or at least is not hindered by dredging) like Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Karador, Ghost Chieftain, The Gitrog Monster, The Mimeoplasm or some other, or change the strategy of the deck to use your graveyard as an spendable resource (Delve, Unearth, Scavenge, Flashback, Aftermath, Embalm, Eternalize...).
Maybe instead of so much Dredge you can use some global milling because some of your cards also care about your opponents graveyards some good options are Shared Trauma, Dread Summons, Mesmeric Orb, Dreamborn Muse or Consuming Aberration. If you go this way dont forget to include some graveyard hate (like Scavenging Ooze, Necrogenesis, Night Soil, Bojuka Bog or Nihil Spellbomb) because it's likely some oponent is using the graveyard and you will eventually cast your Living Death.
February 19, 2018 9:42 a.m.
- Starfield of Nyx Not about the enchantments turning to creatures thing but the recursion is nice
- Sram, Senior Edificer more card draw from casting auras
- Alexi's Cloak
- Hunter's Insight more card draw
- Heroic Intervention Well, is amazing the number of disruptions this card will help you against
- Faith Unbroken some aura shaped disruption will do you no harm
- Acidic Slime disruption and and a body with deathtouch. When you happen to give fist/double strike and/or trample to a deathtoucher it becomes the ultimate ass kicker.
- Spirit Loop and Aspect of Mongoose more reusable auras.
- Reliquary Tower if you draw so many cards, this is a no brainer.
February 18, 2018 7:20 a.m.
February 17, 2018 5:21 a.m.
February 17, 2018 4:49 a.m.
Oketra's Monument? How many creatures will you actually cast to use the discount or put a token in the battlefield?
Merciless Eviction probably the best board wipe you can access, Descend upon the Sinful better than Kirtar's Wrath and more on theme with the deck.
Painful Truths, Syphon Mind, Phyrexian Arena, Underworld Connections, Ghirapur Orrery, Staff of Nin, The Immortal Sun Because card draw is important.
February 17, 2018 4:47 a.m.
Doesn't really look too bad for me.
You can get some ideas from this deck Jimmy's Kumena l Game Knights #14, it looked cool in the game they reccorded. Stuff like:
Path of Discovery
Maybe some recursion like Seasons Past, Creeping Renaissance or the staple Eternal Witness.
Or some more card draw Mask of Memory, Shamanic Revelation or Pull from Tomorrow.
Maybe you need some more removal Reality Shift, Snakeform, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Pongify.
A card to make your opponents crap their pants Quietus Spike, perfect with an unblockable commander.
It just depends on your meta, what you lack during your games.
February 16, 2018 9:05 p.m.
Unquestioned Authority instead of Holy Mantle (when brago flickers it, you draw a card)
Stonecloaker or Angel of Finality instead of Disposal Mummy
Chart a Course instead of Vision Skeins or basically any other decent draw spell.
Counterspell instead of Dream Fracture
Return to Dust instead of Disenchant
Pull from Tomorrow instead of Inspiration
Concentrate instead of Weave Fate
Scrivener instead of Call to Mind (you have few sorceries anyway)
Ghostway and Eerie Interlude instead of Acrobatic Maneuver and Cloudshift flickering until end of turn will make you avoid board wipes without having to counter it.
Whispersilk Cloak instead of Unbender Tine what's so important to untap anyway?
Cathars' Crusade and/or Call for Unity as finishers.
Duplicant, Deadeye Harpooner, Fiend Hunter (if this one leaves the battlefield when his first ability is still on the stack, he won't give anything back) and /or Phyrexian Ingester as removal.
Venser, the Sojourner because it's just awesome with Brago: You -1 to make all your stuff inblockable, then Brago flickers it and you +2 to flicker something. Rinse and repeat.
February 16, 2018 1:07 p.m.
You can make a card appear in different categories by putting two tags on the same line this way:
1x Birds of Paradise #Flyers #Ramp
Avoid Fate is a charming card but at the end of the day any other instant that gives Hexproof or Shroud is better because will also work against sorceries and abilities. My favorites: Sylvan Safekeeper, Blossoming Defense, Heroic Intervention and Vines of Vastwood. On the other hand Sheltering Word may be good in your deck with huge creatures.
Vorrac Battlehorns do you really want that bad to be blocked by only one creature? I consider an upgrade to it Loxodon Warhammer, O-Naginata, Horned Helm (instant attaching, yay!) or Chariot of Victory
Homeward Path is another staple, you dont want your guys controlled or reanimated.
Sprouting Phytohydra is another creature I like but you don't seem to be able to capitalize on it in your deck. You already have many big guys on the ground to block whatever they send you. I know it's a deck of hydras but this guy underperforms.
Don't flyers give you a hard time? In my meta I would be kill with flyers with this deck almost every time. With all your mana production Silklash Spider is an auto include, Whirlwind is more efficient but one use only, World Breaker is a decent body with reach with built in disruption and recursion, you may also want to include a single Wastes so you can ramp it if you happen to need the diamond mana, but you dont seem to run land ramp. Speaking about land ramp, do you know Traverse the Outlands?
Tutors are awesome but there is a thing such as too many tutors. The only really crucial creatures to tutor into the Battlefield from the Library are Vorinclex and the Ulvenwald Hydra. Hydras dont like to be cheated into the battlefield because most of them have X in their cost and when you cheat them to the battlefield they enter as 0/0 and die. Therefore, a tribal tutor such as Kindred Summons works poorly with this tribe. If you check a top mono green commander deck such as Daruid: Seton-Storm you will see he only runs like 8 tutors and that's a pure mana production deck, all his druids tap for at leas one green mana because of his commander..Id try to go for more card draw and recursion instead. Seasons Past is quite nice.
February 16, 2018 12:08 p.m.
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
February 15, 2018 7:30 p.m.
I love your deck, I always wanted to make a Glissa, the Traitor deck of my own, but I already have too many Golgari commanders, so I run her in the 99.
Glissa is practically begging to be equipped with Loxodon Warhammer or O-Naginata (and similar equipments). Few pleasures in this game are comparable to attacking with Deathtouch+First Strike+Trample (Only need to assign 1 damage to each blocker, they die in Fist Strike and the rest of the damage is trampled to the palyer). Another option is using Hunter's Prowess on Glissa or other Deathtoucher to draw a bunch of cards.
Nemesis Mask is also badass on her.
Golgari Keyrune also fits nicely in the theme of the deck.
Yes, I like Deathtouch very much.
February 15, 2018 10:35 a.m.
Horn of Greed won't trigger from the lands you get from ramping effects like karametra or cultuivate because you don't play them.
February 15, 2018 8:05 a.m.
Nice deck, great presentation.
I'm working on a Karametra Enchantress Surge myself with all permanents but the Primal Surge (I haven't uploaded the deck yet to Tapped Out). When I happen to draw the Surge I lock the game with Possessed Portal and Teferi's Puzzle Box and I protect them with Darksteel Forge.
I also run Ajani Unyielding because it feels it was made just for decks with this gimmick.
February 15, 2018 6:52 a.m.
Kefnet the Mindful feels like an auto include in the deck. It's like a second mini indestructible commander.
February 15, 2018 6:03 a.m.
Have you considered Blade of Selves? When you equip it to Omnath you will get more fireworks than in the 4th of July (providing you are playing free for all multiplayer).
It works this way. When you attack with Omnath equiped with the Blade of Selves you'll chose to make a copy for each other opponent, those copies are created at the same time and are legendary so they are all put in the graveyard at the same time tiggering 3 damage times each death and each Omnath on the battlefield when they died.
So lets say you are playing a 4 player game, you attack with Omnath equipped with the Blade of Selves and create two more Omnath tokens which go to the graveyard as soon as they touch the battlefield. Two elementals died while there were three Omnaths, that means you get six triggers of 3 points of damage to a target for a total of 18 damage. With each additional player the number of triggers increases exponentially, it's really fun!
You can also run Parallel Lives which go great because it is a token deck (and also synergizes with the blade of selves awesomely).
Tempt with Vengeance, Tilonalli's Summoner and Firecat Blitz will create many small Elementals (Firecat Blitz was updated and now it creates really cute Elemental Cats) that if you have some way to kill them (I.E. the Ashnod's Altar you already run) they will grant you cheap Omnath triggers.
February 15, 2018 5:36 a.m.
Helo, nice deck!
Have you thought about running Rings of Brighthearth? Will combo with Kamahl, Mimic Vat, both Planeswalkers and you would be able to get infinite mana with Deserted Temple untaping Itlimoc, Gaea's Cradle or Nykthos.
February 14, 2018 7:44 p.m.
I love your deck, from the idea to the presentation.
How do you feel about Mogg Infestation?
February 14, 2018 2:38 p.m.
My bad, I just realized you don't need Akroma's Memorial because once you have unlimited mana and card draw, you can just make them draw to death with Blue Sun's Zenith.
Anyway you can have the memorial just in case they have Laboratory Maniac or they somehow get hexproof. On the other hand, you can run Laboratory Maniac yourself, I know that's not what the deck is supposed to be about, but that is where the path of tutors and infinite mana leads to.
February 13, 2018 7:49 p.m.
Eerie Interlude maybe a good protection against board wipes and also help you trigger your "enters the Battlefield" abilities while you selectively leave your tokens on the battlefield.
Is Burgeoning worth the spot on this deck? you have only 7 lands that produce green mana and enter the battlefield untapped on the first turn. A second turn (or later) burgeoning is kinda of a waste of burgeoning. On top of that the land count is quite low and you have very little card draw (you need a lot more) so will run out lands in your hand pretty fast. Maybe I would try some of the Creatures that fetch you a Land when they enter the Battlefield like Satyr Wayfinder, Gatecreeper Vine, Sylvan Ranger, Farhaven Elf or Solemn Simulacrum just to name a few.
I'd say you have too many high costs for that kind of Land base. I also see you have a lot of double and triple color costs on all the colors, that may be a problem during the games as you won't always have Chromatic Lantern.
Is it worth to run Pili-Pala and Grand Architect just for the chance of having them together and going infinite? Let's say you cast Congregation at Dawn and you tutor them together, where would you even spend all that mana? I guess to Populate infinitely with the Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage or to cast the Craterhoof Behemoth If you really want to go that way, maybe you should include either River Hoopoe or Thrasios, Triton Hero to tutor together with the other two with Congregation at Dawn to draw your whole library, play all your spells and give your guys haste with Akroma's Memorial that you would include and would eventually draw (it's a bit pricey but so are several other cards in your deck).
February 13, 2018 3:11 p.m.
"Amulet of vigor
Whenever a permanent enters the battlefield tapped and under your control, untap it."
When the bounce land enters the Battlefield under your control while controlling two Amulet of Vigor, three triggers will occur at the same time, the bounce and the two amulets, if you put the bounce on the bottom of the stack to resolve it last you will untap the bounce land twice before resolving the bounce.
February 8, 2018 10:53 a.m.
Commander / EDH
|Avg. deck rating||None|
|Good Card Suggestions||45|
|Last activity||1 hour|