|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Target creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
- Destroy target creature with toughness 4 or greater.
|Have (11)||ironax , corys , MattN7498 , Ryfestone , goodair , Big-Foot , bakeraj4 , Xue-Kaihua , TheDuggernaught , Grantley91 , teslacoil7992|
|Want (19)||mini_tb , bpm4 , Daynthebold , puppixx , ctrlxfreak , xander025 , king0fclubs , TheWeissik , coreyadam , eyessky , Daywalker8602 , 3jz , foxes101 , pmpott , trotz , Lightfut , ManInTheBox , analthunder , TrackerD|
Valorous Stance Discussion
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
1 month ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
This list appears to be just a teensy bit out of date, perhaps by 1 or 2 cards, because I know when I took apart the deck to build Zacama, Primal Calamity instead, the list did not include Valorous Stance . Felidar Guardian is a good idea though, hadn't really considered it. Thanks!
2 months ago
I could argue a drop for Valorous Stance , it does a lot for its mana cost, but just doesn't have the extreme effect that Nahiri can bring to a table, where in nearly every board state it does work. Someone has a nice Nevinyrral's Disk they dropped just now? Gone. A big fancy The Chain Veil is tapping every turn to give a guy with Freyalise as their commander a ton of value? Hah! Laughable. Enchantments like Rhystic Study clogging your playgroup... nope.
Also, while looking through the list, Felidar Guardian could also be a good card to slot in. It doesn't protect like Restoration Angel , but it has 1 power, so you can fetch it with Imperial Recruiter , then flicker the recruiter with it to fetch Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker , making a recruiter the whole combo in one card! It does cost like 12 mana to do it all in one turn, but is able to be done turn 3, 4 and 5 one after another with just land drops for a turn 5 win with a single card. Pretty cool, right?
3 months ago
This looks like a fun deck, I adore Taigam as well, easy +1. I'm quite familiar with a Taigam, and have a smatteting of cards for consideration.
Impulse>Anticipate- Love impulse, digs almost as deep as fact or fiction but at half the cost, and no revealing anything.
Metallurgic Summonings Makes tokens that scales with your spells, and recurs all spells in the gy. This usually draws removal in my meta, its that good.
Valorous Stance- A great spell to use after declaring Taigam as an attacker. Removal and protection in one spell, love its utility. Shadow Rift is another good one after declaring attacks. With your strong token theme here, I think Rootborn Defenses could do some good work too.
Fellwar Stone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Talisman of Progress. Mind Stone, Thought Vessel- 2 drop mana rocks are the bee's knees for a 4 cost commander, as it ramps on curve correctly for a turn 3 Taigam. The bauble is just decent ramp for non-green decks, and again, curves correctly. 35 is a low land count, and there's not a lot of ramp here. Some of your spells are expensive, a little tweaking is needed imo.
Hope I was helpful and this wasn't too much. Keep on spell-slinging! :)
4 months ago
I considered him, but I found that most cases when its ability would trigger in this deck would also result in creature dead, exiled or in owner's hand. This makes Path to Exile even better, but nonbos hard with Fractured Identity. There are some three repeatable options - Will Kenrith (the best one actually), Niblis of Frost, Mother of Runes and seven nonrepeatable - Mirrorpool, Artful Dodge, Rite of Replication, Saheeli's Artistry, Slip Through Space, Stolen Identity and Valorous Stance. But I usually use Artful Dodge, Slip Through Space, Valorous Stance and Mother of Runes to protect Taigam and enable the deck.
It's a very good card and feels like an auto include in this strategy, but in this particular deck it works with only 10 cards, 4 of which I will probably use on different occasion. In case i dont have any of those 10 cards in hand, it will be a 5 mana dead card. I dont think it's worth it right now, but I'll add it to maybeboard. My decks change a lot over time, so maybe it will become better later. :) Thanks for the suggestion, though!
4 months ago
Also I can’t believe I didn’t think of this card before, but there’s one card that perfectly fits your theme! Archangel Avacyn Flip! She comes down and protects your board from a Wrath, and then when she flips, her damage ability is one-sided thanks to Tajic!
Valorous Stance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%