|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target blocked creature.
5 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
9 months ago
1 year ago
While I like the idea of efficient 2 drop creatures 3 drop enchantments to generate very powerful creatures, I feel like a lot could be smoothed out with some minor adjustments.
Qasali Pridemage is amazing, in that it is a maindeck answer to Ensnaring Bridge, ironworks and Oblivion Stone, along with a playable body, and well worth a look. There are more budget equivalents around, but I've never failed to want pridemage.
On the note of 3 drops though, Satyr Enchanter, Mesa Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms and Verduran Enchantress offer major card advantage. For a longer term 'lifelink and disruption' plan, they are no joke.
Good luck, and I hope you get a strong list out of the end of it.
1 year ago
Zealous Persecution can be nice tech in the event of a mirror match, and a decent pump spell.
1 year ago
Bane of Progress is a creature you should consider. Avenger of Zendikar seems to suit your theme, too. Wipes out artifacts and enchantments, and gets you counters, is what you are wanting to get. Phantom Nishoba might be nice, too. Mirari's Wake and Aura Shards would be good cards to add. Parallel Lives might help out, too.
Cards I'd consider dropping are Wake the Reflections, Common Bond, Verdant Rebirth, and Smite for now. Smite is just a bad Swords to Plowshares. Those other spells aren't going to give you as much value as you might initially think.
Other cards I'd consider looking for replacements for would be Always Watching and Intangible Virtue. They are ok on a budget, but I'd rather use some buffs that affect all my creatures, as opposed to just some of them. Mirari's Wake, for instance, and Tolsimir Wolfblood does this well. Another option could be Wilt-Leaf Liege (although her 2nd ability is kind of lacking for this deck). Cards like Overrun and Triumph of the Hordes could be finishers.
You look like you've got a lot of land ramp going on, which is good. Sol Ring is pretty much standard for Commander, and Selesnya Signet fits the bill here, too. Cards like Burgeoning and Exploration are pretty potent first turn plays if you think you'd like something like that. Frontier Siege gives another option for ramp. Sword of the Animist might be a way to go, too.
Card draw. More is always better (almost). Harmonize is not bad. Soul's Majesty can be good, but costs more mana-wise than I'd want to pay. Zendikar Resurgent is a two-for-one deal; ramp and card draw. Skullclamp can do some work, and Mask of Memory is decent, too. I always liked Collective Unconscious, and there are some others like it out there, too.
That's a lot, but I hope it helps a little and gives you some ideas to consider. Can't wait to play!
1 year ago
Swords to Plowshares isn't modern legal.
Other than that, your curve could improve a lot. More 1-2 drops, less 3 drops.
1 year ago
Interesting idea here, but I would perhaps remove the Pathrazer of Ulamog , Artisan of Kozilek, and some of the high mana creatures, since they don't really have any good purpose for this deck with their high mana cost... Not sure if you get to play them that often, and also you have few/alot cards that get use from the amount of cards/creatures in ur graveyard, So I would probably add more low mana green creatures with "tap for mana" abilities for example Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elvish Mystic there are ALOT elf 1mana cards with "tap for mana". If you build this deck more around Elves, then Priest of Titania / Joraga Treespeaker would be smart, which would also make u get those higher mana creatures on table and faster. Also Cradle of Vitality would be handy with the "gain life" cards you have, for example the Goldenglow Moth, theres a card which is kinda similiar to it --> Pride Guardian and a fun card to throw on it, After it/ or some of your creature blocks an high stat attacker... is to throw this Righteousness or Smite or some cards that make it undestroyable, I noticed that you probably want to keep this as Budget'ish deck so I suggested few cheap cards. Also would probably remove Oran-Rief Survivalist since you only have those 2 as "Ally". I would focus on building around something you have alot, for example those "gain life" cards, getting more cards that give alot value from gaining life. Since you're playing only against Black/White flying deck/or a blue mill deck, I would build this deck to counter those better, think on what card types ur weak against to, and/or try to counter those with something, Sorry for bad english,( oh and change the deck format to casual, since you dont have Standard legal cards) I hope I could help somehow :D, lemme know if you got anything more to ask about! Otherwise GL with the deck! And wreck dat guys decks
2 years ago
Do you know what the difference between competitive and budget is? A winning concept. Some of the now-competitive decks at one point were simple budget friendly decks before they were proven winners. Look at the cheerios deck, minus Mox Opal of course, and even then it can be substituted out because of Paradise Mantle. I think you have a strong concept here, but generally one color is going to have a weak point. Green is weak in removal, so if you splashed black for cards like Fatal Push, Dismember, Inquisition of Kozilek, Hero's Downfall, Putrefy, or Abrupt Decay, you can still be budget friendly and add a control element to your deck. Especially since most of those are one devotion to black mama symbols, you wouldn't have to spend an arm and leg on fetch lands. Temple of Malady, Woodland Cemetery, Golgari Rot Farm, Jungle Hollow, and City of Brass are all relatively budget friendly dual lands or produce one of any color. You could also splash White for cards like Path to Exile, Journey to Nowhere, Immolating Glare, Smite, and Brave the Elements to get around blockers. Blue even has return to hand spells that can let you run a play set of counter spell cards in the deck if you want to control the board while you build your army. Just a thought.
No data for this card yet.