Destroy target blocked creature.
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Hey Haydenc553. The first thing I would so is sub in a better removal piece like Banishing Light or Oblivion Ring for Smite. I was trying to stay on flavor but Smite's just not that good a card. If you're going to play Thalia's Lieutenant, you want to maximize the number of humans, so sub Thraben Inspector for Cenn's Tactician and Preeminent Captain for Aerial Responder (at least not decreasing humans there). You can put in three Thalia's for a Ballyrush Banneret and two Veteran Armorsmith. That would be initial thought at least - you might need to test it out a bit.
1 month ago
Giorgiod: First of all, thanks for your interest, and please let me know how playing the deck works out for you. =D I'd love to get feedback on the deck in a different meta.
As for a sideboard. Tbh, eh not really, lol. I play mostly casual/kitchen table, plus I literally have over 50 pauper decks built so I don't get to play them all as much as they deserve.
That being said, were I to bring this deck to a LGS and play it, I would probably swap Stoic Rebuttal for straight-up Counterspell as suggested above, and leave maybe one or more Stoic Rebuttals in the sideboard for counter-wars with other blue decks.
I only have the one copy of Welding Jar or else I'd have more in the deck also, so put some of those in the sideboard too.
Apostle's Blessing is one of the best defense spells in pauper imho, so if you face a lot of removal, there's that.
Echoing Truth is versatile enough to hit any permanent, so kind of a board wipe, but can also get rid of Treasure, Food, etc. depending on what you face.
Beyond that, I usually go very general with my sideboards, so creature removal (Searing Light, Smite, Celestial Flare), artifact removal (Fragmentize, Dispeller's Capsule) and enchantment removal (Demystify). And sometimes you can double up the effects on one card to "save space" in your sideboard, as you can see. =)
Hopefully that jumble of ideas provides some help to you! =D Have fun, and let me know how you like the deck and if it needs any major adjustments or whatnot! Thanks!
2 months ago
I never noticed Vicious Conquistador before. Looks like an upgraded Pulse Tracker, which makes it good. I'd move some more in that direction. You really want to be pretty sure of a 1-cost creature in your opening hand and a 2-cost creature or two 1-cost creatures for your second turn. You want to be getting some hurt in before the opponent starts dropping bigger creatures. When they do, you want to be using inexpensive removal on their better creatures (Doom Blade, Smite, Victim of Night, etc.) or evading them (Vampire Nighthawk, Gruesome Deformity, etc.) to keep the pressure on and finish them quickly. Don't over-focus on life gain and defense. A little can give you an edge; too much will deprive you of focus. If the opponent is given time and room to fully develop his/her game plan, the extra life will only slow your loss by a turn or two, not prevent it. Embrace cards like Sign in Blood, which lets you trade those life points for something you need more, cards. It can also be used to get in a couple of points of unblockable life loss on an enemy, but that's not the most common use. Keep in mind that the only life point that matters is the last one.
11 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
1 year ago
1 year ago
While I like the idea of efficient 2 drop creatures 3 drop enchantments to generate very powerful creatures, I feel like a lot could be smoothed out with some minor adjustments.
Qasali Pridemage is amazing, in that it is a maindeck answer to Ensnaring Bridge, ironworks and Oblivion Stone, along with a playable body, and well worth a look. There are more budget equivalents around, but I've never failed to want pridemage.
On the note of 3 drops though, Satyr Enchanter, Mesa Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms and Verduran Enchantress offer major card advantage. For a longer term 'lifelink and disruption' plan, they are no joke.
Good luck, and I hope you get a strong list out of the end of it.