|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Kataki, War's Wage
Legendary Creature — Spirit
All artifacts have "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this artifact unless you pay (1)."
|Have (5)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , awalloftext , gosora , d3sden0va , rockleemyhero|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Kataki, War's Wage Discussion
1 week ago
Sorry if any of these are in the deck. I'm admittedly just copying and pasting a post I did for another Lavinia list.
Fatespinner (this card is amazing), Thorn of Amethyst , Sphere of Resistance , Defense Grid , Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Linvala, Keeper of Silence , Torpor Orb , Kataki, War's Wage , Tocatli Honor Guard , Propaganda , Ghostly Prison , Rite of Replication , Winter Orb , Rising Waters , Stasis , and Static Orb are all options as you tweak this for your meta.
1 week ago
Fatespinner (this card is amazing), Fellwar Stone , Thorn of Amethyst , Sphere of Resistance , Defense Grid , Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Linvala, Keeper of Silence , Torpor Orb , Kataki, War's Wage , Tocatli Honor Guard , Propaganda , Ghostly Prison , Rite of Replication , Winter Orb , Rising Waters , Stasis , and Static Orb are all options as you tweak thus for your meta.
2 weeks ago
Leyline of Sanctity ? keep burn and storm of your back.
You already have dredge and tron options in your side board.
Path is good against arclight.
I'd also probably drop Torpor Orb like abbatromebone said
Abrupt Decay could be swapped in for Disenchant
You may also have to reduce your 4 ofs abit to be able to put all SB options in
2 weeks ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
3 weeks ago
- Torpor Orb : prevents annoying triggered abilities
- Cursed Totem : shuts down a ton of decks.
- As Foretold : Allows you to cast multiple cards every turn if you play it right. Can have a potential free counterspell every turn if you have 2 or 3 counters.
- Pongify : Redundancy since you have Rapid Hybridization .
- Reality Shift : Same as Pongify and Rapid Hybridization .
- Aura of Silence : Meta inclusion for artifact or enchantment heavy decks. Very good in two headed.
- Mystical Tutor : Obvious recommendation is obvious
- Ravages of War : Another Armageddon
- Delay : Effectively counters a spell with Lavinia out.
- Talisman of Progress : Decent mana rock.
- Azorius Signet : Another decent mana rock.
- Leonin Arbiter : Cat Jesus shuts down Fetches, Tutors, etc.
- Smothering Tithe : Goes without saying.
- Spellseeker : Get's removal.
- Land Tax : Another obvious recommendation.
- Kataki, War's Wage : Since you're light on artifacts it might be a good addition.
- Swan Song : Efficient counterspell.
- Mystic Remora : Might not be good in our meta but is a very strong card.
- Rhystic Study : Another obvious recommendation.
- Crucible of Worlds : Recover from MLD.
3 weeks ago
Ramp, card draw, and fatties are the 3 cornerstones of EDH as a concept to many players. Rampant Growth , Rampant Growth is the symbol of one of these three cornerstones (I am sure you'll never guess which one).
I am here to tell you, despite what you may have been told. It is bad. Really bad, not even medium bad like Cultivate (Yes, I hate that too, outside of some specific lists like Tatyova, where it belongs to some extent).
Why? Well, to start, mana production. It doesn't give you mana immediately without Amulet of Vigor , unlike 2- mana manarock variants like the signet cycle ( Azorius Signet , Gruul Signet ), talisman cycle ( Talisman of Indulgence , Talisman of Progress ), Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , Fellwar Stone , etc.
So? Many decks are mono-colored and can't use signets, or talismans, or have cards like Null Rod / Kataki, War's Wage , etc. or go up against them often. Rampant Growth gives a land. Well, Nature's Lore and Three Visits both give you an untapped land, they can hit Shocklands or Duals to get your colors better than Rampant Growth , and generally are pretty good.
None of these are great cards. Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Birds of Paradise , Elvish Mystic , Boreal Druid , etc. all do it for half the mana, a turn faster, and are in green. How is a 2 mana card better?
So, with all of this, is there any real reason to run the cancerous growth (see what I did there xD)?
Yes, price. Rampant Growth is ~20 cents right now. Sure Gruul Signet , Golgari Signet , Simic Signet , Prismatic Lens , Llanowar Elves , Fractured Powerstone , Moss Diamond , Growth Spiral , Explore , Coiling Oracle , Broken Bond and tons more examples are equal to it or cheaper, but I am aware someone will bring it up.
There are too many better cards for lands-matter decks to use it, and too many are cheaper, equally cheap, or better and worth the cost to claim they are the reason Rampant Growth should see play, etc.
Seriously. If you run this card, stop.
1 month ago
Boros is a pain to brew lol, too much shit to cram in ;-;
Creature (and other) tappers
Nice Big Colored Manarocks
Fuck counters and shit
Rest in Peace combo
1 month ago
need to maybe fit in Ethersworn Canonist , Spirit of the Labyrinth , Trinisphere , Voltaic Key , Eidolon of Rhetoric , The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale , Blind Obedience , Rest in Peace , Winds of Change , Chandra, Torch of Defiance , Torpor Orb , Kataki, War's Wage , Uba Mask , Smothering Tithe .
Kataki, War's Wage occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.0%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%