|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Exile target card from a graveyard.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 days ago
I think the concept is really fun. I do think that you could go with the Git probes and such and add in some things like Cabal Therapy as a method to protect your combo. I don't think the Blood Pet, Doomsday, or Cremate are quite necessary, and if you want more card draw to find things Infernal Contract or Sign in Blood, could help you get there and Diabolic Intent is a decent tutor you could use to find what ever piece is missing to finish the combo.
3 weeks ago
Also, I doubt that this could be an option but I know an interesting card that can synergise well with this deck.
This Momentary Blink can actually be a counterspell through Torrential Gearhulk, if you choose Unwind or Rewind, it actually untaps more lands than you've used. That's very helpful to cast a full powered Sphinx's Revelation at your opponent's endphase.
I'm new here so let me just relink you correctly my decklist :
Things I added :
Wrexial, the Risen Deep (not very strong but cool card)
1 month ago
Cards I'd consider adding:
- Xenic Poltergeist - Ok, this is so good for this deck. Hear me out. The artifact becomes a creature until your next turn. So it'll be an artifact on your opponent's upkeep which is when they conveniently have to sacrifice a creature. Super useful if you've already wiped their board but there's some problematic artifacts floating around, which in EDH, there always are.
- Mortuary Mire - useful for when Sheoldred isn't out or to retrieve an extra creature
- Draw power! Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Night's Whisper, Cremate, Harvester of Souls, Resourceful Return.
- Vona's Hunger - helps get around indestructible or hexproof
- Black Market - for even more mana
- Scour from Existence - more non-creature removal, something black struggles with
- Solemn Simulacrum - really good ramp, especially when you have as much recursion as you do
- Kokusho, the Evening Star - another good target for killing and recurring and killing again.
- Hell's Caretaker - I'm not quite sure how the abilities/triggers stack, but I'm pretty sure you could sac something to this to bring something back and then bring back the sacrificed creature with Sheoldred all in the same upkeep.
Cards I'd remove:
- Annihilate - for 5 mana, yeah it can't be regenerated and yeah you get to draw a card, but gosh that's expensive. Is regeneration enough of a problem in your meta that Doom Blade doesn't suffice?
- Commander's Sphere - sure it draws a card but a mono-colored deck doesn't really need 'mana of any color'. There's surely other rocks that are better. Hedron Archive comes to mind.
- Leyline of the Void - seems extremely counterproductive to what your deck and your commander want to do
2 months ago
Sign in Blood is better in the main; Cremate provides only marginal advantage, even against Gurmag Angler decks. One less card to delve is generally a non-issue, and it only replaces itself -- no card advantage. Conversely, Sign nets you a card, and it can be used to burn the opponent. As someone who plays paper pauper weekly, I've lost games and seen other people lose games to that same strat. The life loss is also much less meaningful for an aggro deck, and two life for two cards is a good exchange rate.
If you want graveyard hate that draws, Nihil Spellbomb is where it's at, which you've got in your SB. Relic of Progenitus is better if you're not playing Chainer's Edict, tho; can incrementally reduce their yard without having to pay the nuke cost. Less commitment/lower variance card. In either case, they should definitely stay in the SB
2 months ago
I would put the Cremates main over the Sign in Bloods. No life lost, and exile a card from either opponent's or your graveyard, and only costs 1 mana at instant speed. Generally better, I think. Sure, 2 cards is pretty great, but 1 card for half the mana and no life loss (and instant speed) seems better to me.
2 months ago
Cremate is a fantastic card for this deck!
Cool deck! +1 from me!
3 months ago
Holy shit that maybeboard! :D
Immediate +1 for Elspeth ;)
I'm glad you already know about Hatred. That would have been my first suggestion.
Cathars' Crusade will useful. Make 10 tokens from Elenda and they all get 10 +1/+1 counters. Just pure value.
Well of Lost Dreams. Lifegain seems to be a secondary theme here, but having this around to draw some extra cards will always be good.
Eldrazi Monument. Just a nice way to buff all your tokens.
Mentor of the Meek. Again, more card draw.
Sigil of the New Dawn. Return Elenda to your hand immediately.
I'm considering making an Elenda build. One avenue I was thinking was graveyard hate. Really unconventionl strategy here but maybe it'll work. Planar Void, Purgatory(could choose the 2 life over 2 mana. Good deal), Mortuary, Cremate(also draws you a card), Withered Wretch, Thraben Heretic could all be useful. Just some thoughts.
Hope some of this helps! I'll keep following this with interest.
3 months ago
Between using his +1 every turn and casting a card draw every couple turns, you can get your opponent down pretty quickly.
Just a thought