|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Marsh Flats: Search your library for a Plains or Swamp card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||Lucretian , Justinaut , AlertKnave8075 , RubyStrings , the.beanpole , Azdranax , TheRealPeaches , jstn.mrrtt , KillDatBUG , greanbeaner , warcry02 , tragic_slip , Talistan , REV666 , hobbes131 , Poptartz95 , switchkill65 , geazykagar , Char-You , Dr.Ache , mentor6 , TheDuggernaught , jrschnoebelen , Vasbear1 , wackozacko , angesoir , killstars , Daeyel , , mziter501 , lorddarkstar|
|Want (37)||BBBr0ny , aeonstoremyliver , Spinalripper , Big-Foot , HyperJujibiter , RIft6 , robbnoble , BlueMageBrandon , knto , davir , DarkMagician , KevinLS , BetaTest , Liarz0 , Espi14 , brokendwarf , Clawsun73 , Cyrk , TheAlmostHero , sneferie , Dadaman11 , kyuuri117 , Xikitten123 , gosora , ApocTroll , Candyman949 , DudeMan1031 , sonnet666 , http404error , CampbellStev , JoshebBasshebeth , dplerner , rockleemyhero , PTsmitty , firemind12 , Wiggins , Vasbear1|
Marsh Flats Discussion
2 days ago
2 days ago
Well, Forestxavier20, I can see how it might be confusing, but it is not about the wording, it is about the color identity. Because Marsh Flats does not have a color identity or any mana symbols, it is ok to be in any Commander deck (not just black and/or white decks). All of the sacrifice lands are legal in every Commander deck (some might be useless in some decks though). Similar to being able to use Farseek in a mono-green deck (useless, but legal). I use as many sacrifice lands as possible. If you have the opportunity, I would look into it a little more, they can be really powerful with the ability to grab several different Dual-lands, as well as filter the deck of some more lands.
Thanks for reading the deck, good luck, and Viva la Rakdos!
2 days ago
Marsh Flats isnt legal for Commander since it has qualifies as a white card
on Oloro Stuff
3 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
4 days ago
Im using planeswalkers now...i think that will help against control decks!!!!
5 days ago
Maybe some of these?
- Command Tower
- Reliquary Tower
- Reflecting Pool
- Rogue's Passage
- Mosswort Bridge
- Treetop Village
- Gavony Township
- Horizon Canopy
- Windswept Heath
- Temple Garden
- Verdant Catacombs
- Overgrown Tomb
- Marsh Flats
- Godless Shrine
- Grim Backwoods
- Tainted Wood
- Llanowar Wastes
- Caves of Koilos
- Svogthos, the Restless Tomb
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Temple of Malady
- Temple of Plenty
- Temple of Silence
- Westvale Abbey Flip (especially if you run a Mycoloth)
5 days ago
Hi Sjorpha and sorry for my late reply. I have been sick therefor I haven't been online for a while.
Funny you mention Scoured Barrens, I was actually looking at that specific land to slot in to my deck. I'm thinking of dropping some Plains and adding that instead of changing out the Forsaken Sanctuary.
In this setup I would have 4 Forsaken Sanctuary, 5 Plains, 4 Scoured Barrens. Would this be viable? I was also looking at Marsh Flats but it so damn expensive. What are your thoughts on Orzhov Basilica, Isolated Chapel or Orzhov Guildgate instead of Marsh Flats? And if so, should I drop Swamps or Plains in regards to the new land setup? (Mutavault and Ghost Quarter could be any of the three I mentioned as well)
Adding some 1 drops sounds good, even though it kinda goes against what I wanted in the first place (just having control instead of an Aggro deck). But maybe it is the best route to take. Guul Draz Assassin is almost too cool to not have :D and Vicious Conquistador looks to be a fit!
I will look in to adding the sideboard artifact/enchantments as well! First I need to put my hands on the cards that I am missing the main deck. Would be great to get your input on the land question.
Thank you once again for all your help! :) Much appriciated!
6 days ago
I've been playing Esper Shadow exclusively for about 2 months now and just have a few questions/suggestions about the deck. The first question is how does your mana base feel? I personally feel that 19 is high. I run 17 in my local list and am preparing with 18 for SCG Indianapolis Open. For this list, I feel I'd cut back on your shocks to add more fetches (i.e. -1 of all three to add in 2 Marsh Flats and have 18 lands).
Second question, I've been experimenting with Opt over Serum Visions. In a harder control shell, I feel that Opt has been better as I can hold up so many spells on their turn one/two to answer key cards... The flipside of that is 90% of the time a Thoughtseize is just better so I don't know how much this matters. More a debate topic than a question I suppose but it's something to think about.
I see you've added Jace, the Mind Sculptor!! I can't wait for next week when I get to play him also, but why no addition of any Lili's anywhere? Both 3-mana Lili's fit into this shell very well for different reasons, so perhaps that is an obstacle however I think they are worth slot(s) somewhere in the 75.
My last question is the sideboard for the deck. The biggest thing I believe is Lingering Souls. I think those very easily slot into the Dismember slots and the 4th copy of Stubborn Denial as I find souls to be invaluable for the deck. It beats the mirror on their own, and is great against all the spot removal people use against Shadow decks and works well with Thought Scour. Other than that, I also feel that Nihil Spellbomb is better than relic for you, but that also could be personal choice.Have you thought about adding Disenchant or Anguished Unmaking to deal with intolerable spells? A resolved Ensnaring Bridge or Blood Moon can be detrimental. I know the plan is 'don't let it resolve' but that isn't always doable and those spells are a pretty simple plan B for you.
Good luck and sorry if I got a little wordy!
-->Also, here's a link to my list(s), I haven't found anyone else on here who has an esper shadow list so I'm curious on your opinion of mine if you don't mind...
SCORE: 2 | 170 VIEWS