|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
Whenever another creature with power 5 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||Epidilius , LegendDeer , mziter501 , saj0219 , Schuesseled , Swamy|
|Want (8)||sebek33 , Bluewolf_Sun , TheCDC , ostiarius , bigblue32123 , king0fclubs , Baffelmore , richardmv|
1 month ago
I wrote a long explanation but the comment dissapeared somehow...
It is hard to give much help since, like you said, the deck is built out of cards you had laying around. However, I can give some general advise.
First off, some cards in your deck don't synergise with the rest of your deck very well. For instance, Krosan Drover and Paleoloth both require big creatures to be useful, which your deck currently lacks (and I don't think you're aiming for that). Same goes for Silent-Chant Zubera which is only really useful if you play multiple of them and maybe the green Zubera as well, and Leonin Elder since you only have one artifact.
Secondly, the usefulness of life gain is somewhat complicated in Magic. A quick search gave me this article that might explain things a bit: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/beyond-basics/meaning-life-2017-03-09 Basically, try replacing some of the "gain X life" cards in your deck with instant removal (Swords to Plowshares comes to mind) or creatures with high toughness that form a "wall".
Hope this is of any use!
3 months ago
Undiscovered Paradise is also good as a guaranteed landfall trigger every turn. I'm also surprised you aren't running Rampaging Baloths! They were the original Locus of Rage, and getting even a couple tokens out of them is no joke. I'd definitely consider them over something like Maze Behemoth.
Another nice thing about Omath's elemental tokens is that they trigger the "power 5 or greater" cards from Naya. Paleoloth, for instance, gets you a Raise Dead every time you play a land! Spearbreaker Behemoth protects your main man as well as all of his goons afterwards. Where Ancients Tread is a cheaper Warstorm Surge, though both may be worth considering.
6 months ago
Omnath is completely commander dependant, after all the goal of the deck is to combo off with him, so there is not much you can do, so you have to work around it. You need to protect him better and get a bit more recursion because Omnath at 7 CMC is expensive enough.
Against removals you can use Sylvan Safekeeper and Heroic Intervention and there is always Asceticism which is a bit more expensive both money and mana wise.
For recursion Seasons Past is one of my favorite cards lately, easilly you get five to seven cards out of it. Greenwarden of Murasa is another no brainer because of the tribal theme. Deadwood Treefolk works similarly, it sacrifices itself and you don't have to exile it, but only brings back creatures. Paleoloth is another creature I though about, the creature by itself is kinda bad, but with Omnath you can trigger it the same turn you cast it.
Some creatures are too big to be killed with damage or plainly indestructible, so I run stuff like Scour from Existence and Brittle Effigy. Spitebellows is a damage based removal but you can get a lotta triggers for just three mana.
You should cut Door of Destinies and Vanquisher's Banner, you only have 14 elemental spells (counting Omnath) so you won't be getting enough triggers out of them to make them worth their spot in the deck.
Animist's Awakening is just bad, keep in mind you will be getting about one land for every three mana you spend on the X (there are many other effects taking lands out of the deck). It would be good if were producing limitless mana, but if you already have infinite mana you don't really need so many lands, anyway it's a worse Genesis Wave. Better options are Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms or the Genesis Wave.
Stuff like Exploration and Wayward Swordtooth work amazingly in these decks, specially when you combine it with the Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix you already run and Ramunap Excavator if you were to include it (feels like a cheat with cards like Evolving Wilds).
7 months ago
I'm glad you liked my suggestions. I have a Omnath deck of my own (haven't uploaded it yet) where I have those cards but I'm reforming it because I can't make it work (that's why I was checking your deck), Omnath is expensive and it takes forever to star rolling even having tons of ramp. For me the problen is the deck being to heavy to move and passing the first turns doing nothing but taking lands out of the library and when I finally get to cast Omnath they kill it and now you have to get to 9 mana. Also I have big problems with flyers, I like your choices of Ulvenwald Hydra, Tornado Elemental and Cloudthresher, I was planning to run them myself.
Keep in mind that every meta is different, what works for me, won't necessarily work in your meta. From your deck I'd cut:
- Apocalypse Hydra I'd cut it because it only synergize with the Elemental Mastery otherwise is another expensive underperforming fatty, you can put the elemental mastery on any of your power 5 creatures and get a good value out of it.
- Golden Guardian Flip from among all the fliplands in IXL and RIX that's probably the one I like the least, you need mana to play and flip it and you also need a big creature of your own to kill it in a fight, when you flip it you create tokens that don't synergize with the deck so I don't really see the point of it in this deck. If you have it because it produces two mana IMO Dowsing Dagger Flip for a total of mana, you can flip it the same turn you play it and you can give the tokens to a player and attack another, on top of that the land produces 3, it's basically a cheaper situational Gilded Lotus
- Frontier Guide to ramp a single land feels awfuly slow and inefficient, I'd rather play any of the CMC4 ramp sorceries.
- Incandescent Soulstoke I don't think you can really win or deal serious damage by cheating a fatty for a turn and then losing it. Best thing you could throw at him is Molimo that depends on your lands, so in early game it's small in late game you can just cast it. The overal number of elementals in the deck is low. maybe something like Elvish Piper, Deathrender, Quicksilver Amulet or Champion of Rhonas instead?
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer It's big and it has trample, but CMC7 is too high but I don't think it earns his slot without cheating it onto the battlefield.
- Rubblehulk a cheap molimo without trample and Bloodrush which I guess not playing double strike you won't use that often
- Spawnwrithe if there was a good plan to make this guy and his copies deal combat damage to an opponet I would love it, but he will be lucky if he manages to do it once on his own.
- Mask of Avacyn unless you are protecting a low toughness guy Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves are better at protecting your guys. You can also use Steely Resolve to protect them all at the same time, but haste is king.
- Seer's Lantern This card is terribly weak. You are already ramping like a mad man and if you want artifacts Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo and Sol Ring are better mana boost. For utility you can try Conqueror's Galleon Flip (check if you can have combined power of 4 or greater the turn after consistently before including it).
- Whispersilk Cloak this card is way too subtle, you want to combo off and crush your opponents with your 5/5 elementals or you are going 4th of July and throw sparks everywhere. If you just want protection the boots or the greaves are better cards.
- Animist's Awakening you start the game with 40 lands in a 99 card deck which mean that at best you can only expect to find one land for every mana you spend on the . I say at best because you have many ramp spells that take lands from the library lowering your chances with this spell. Try instead Boundless Realms maybe you want to include more basic lands
- By Force Not a bad card but you may want to swap it for Vandalblast or Into the Core if there are indestructible artifacts in your meta.
- Clear the Land aren't there any more decent ramp spels with CMC3? find one that at leas don't give lands to your opponents Realms Uncharted don't ramp you but it will put lands in hand and graveyad, and not just basics.
- Creeping Renaissance I want to like this card, but every time I tryed it, it underperformed. In this deck you have few permanents of a single type except for lands and you don't dredge yourself to put stuff in your graveyard. You do have a lot of lands, but to get those lands better use Splendid Reclamation, World Shaper, Ramunap Excavator or Life from the Loam. For a big, more flexible recursion spell I like Seasons Past
- Growth Spasm replace for Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. they are commander staples for a reason.
- Mizzium Mortars replace for Blasphemous Act kills your creatures but you can be sure that it will kill almost everything and with discount
- Pirate's Pillage allows you to cast Omnath on your 5th land but still i'd swap it for Harmonize another green EDH staple.
- Primal Growth good card but you won't have disposable creatures on your early game and as a late game card is weak. As I told you before Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate (whichever you didnt used before).
- Search for Tomorrow another good card that will perform better in other decks that really need to get to four mana ASAP, IMO some beefy ramp spell would be better for Omnath. Another one I like in this deck is Khalni Heart Expedition
- Evolutionary Leap swap for Ashnod's Altar, you want your sac outlets to be activated without mana and without tapping. Your opponents will probably start worrying as soon as the see this card as it is often used for infinite combos.
- Fires of Yavimaya for Anger. Mainly because you can cast it and put it on the battlefield to block in the early game and later you get the haste bonus. other good options for this end in this deck Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War, same effect different formats.
- Rite of the Raging Storm I ended up removing this enchantment from the deck because it is slow and don't help me with my defense, it's for more aggressive decks. The elemental that pops and sacrifices is nice when you have the commander, but It doesent justify the 5 manas.
What I'm still missing in the deck.
- Buffs to your creatures Beastmaster Ascension, Forgotten Ancient
- Rampaging Baloths not elemental but those 4/4 bodies will prove useful later to get us some cards and defense
- More recursion Greenwarden of Murasa is a solid creature. The second much worse option is Paleoloth I've tried before in other decks but maybe it can be good with Omnath's tokens.
- Spitebellows Perfect in this deck
- Decimate simply an orgasm every time you cast it. The catch of this card is that you need to be able to target a different permanent of each type, but that is not a problem in multyplayer
- More defense from flyers, I run this funny card Chaosphere, some other cards I'm considering are Spidersilk Armor, Katabatic Winds, Silklash Spider, Sandwurm Convergence.
- Scour from Existence because with red and green you will have trouble with high toughness creatures and/or indestructibles. I'ts a high mana instant but it will resolve any problem you have
- Parallel Lives Because at the end of the day it is a token deck
- Traverse the Outlands a kick ass ramp spell if you manage to ramp four lands or more.
- Heroic Intervention the ultimate shielding card.
- Mana multiplication Mana Reflection, Zendikar Resurgent, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger this one is a bit to hard top lay if you don't cheat it into the battlefield. The low cost option has the problem of helping your opponents too Keeper of Progenitus
- Much more card draw Drumhunter, Mouth / Feed, Shamanic Revelation, Garruk's Packleader.
- Synergy with instant/sorceris Young Pyromancer, Primal Amulet Flip?
- Wayward Swordtooth?
For me the problem with this deck is you need to so many card slots and turns ramping that you don't do much more. It is quite spectacular when you manage to combo off, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony. so that is why I'm tinkering with my Omnath deck trying to find balance for my meta.
Good luck with your deck, I hope I have been of some help.
7 months ago
Okay so I can tell you're a relative novice, since most of the cards you use are recent, so here are my thoughts as a long-time player.
1) mana concerns. You have a LOT of dorks, but that's not exactly optimal. In commander, there tend to be a lot of board wipes (example: Wrath of God). This just throws your gameplan to the wind. Try some rocks and ramp. Sol Ring, Exploration, Burgeoning, Worn Powerstone, Hedron Archive, Cultivate, Traverse the Outlands, Skyshroud Claim, and Emerald Medallion are good examples.
2) flavor. Lots of big things, but not a lot of really good things. Wurmcoil Engine, Blightsteel Colossus, Archetype of Endurance provides some much-needed resistance to removal, Mossbridge Troll to just surprise kill an opponent, Siege Behemoth to power through chump-blocking, Steel Hellkite for removal, Thunderfoot Baloth, and if you want a little out-there synergy, Beacon Behemoth, Paleoloth, and Spearbreaker Behemoth are all pretty cool.
3) draw. Or lack thereof. All right there isn't that much to suggest here (it's green, for heaven's sake). But Soul of the Harvest, Zendikar Resurgent, Elemental Bond, maybe Kavu Lair: all good options. For some burst draw, it doesn't get much better than Soul's Majesty and Rishkar's Expertise. Others include Mouth / Feed and Shamanic Revelation.
So yeah, that's most of what I got, other than Prowling Serpopard. Against Todd's blue deck.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I used to have a Mayael deck, and I love the Wurm Tribal concept. I've got some suggestions for you, these will be just some of the stuff I'm thinking of, if you want more suggestions, just ask.
Illusionist's Bracers pretty much speaks for itself. Doubling up on Mayael's ability makes her twice as good.
Scroll Rack is not only an amazing card in general, but also can be used to put a power 5+ creature in your hand on top of your library while throwing away any unwanted cards permanently with Mayael's ability.
BONUS: While Mayael's Aria isn't technically synergistic with your commander, it's a serious flavor-win and works super well in one of these decks.
Bloom Tender is particularly strong with a 3color/3mana commander, puts you at 6 mana on turn 3, and then you can start activating Mayael starting on turn 4.
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds ramps pretty damn well but can also double as draw condition. The symmetricality of her draw ability is usually a non-issue in a deck with this many huge creatures.
Mimic Vat makes sure you will never be without a creature to play for as long as it stays around. It's especially fun to do to your opponents' creatures.
Colfenor's Urn is about as obscure as playable cards get. If you wrath with this out, you'll get all your stuff back at the end of turn.
1 year ago
Upgrading the quality of the deck a bit!
- Skyshroud Claim
- Nature's Lore
- Spirit Mantle
- Chariot of Victory
- Far Wanderings
- Seal of Primordium
- Assembled Alphas
- Linvala, the Preserver
- Sundering Growth
- Karmic Guide
- Rakeclaw Gargantuan
- Vagrant Plowbeasts
- Naya Charm