|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Land — Plains
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Mistveil Plains enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Put target card in your graveyard on the bottom of your library. Play this ability only if you control two or more white permanents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mistveil Plains Discussion
4 days ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
1 week ago
RobotCowhand, at this point, I guess it is more historical than anything. At one point I had no basics, so getting a plains was important. Even now, I can get a dual, or get Mistveil Plains. I am not sure that this benefit still stands. It could easily be changed.
1 week ago
You need to remove those painlands, since you are mono color, they are useless. Replace them with utility lands like: Maze of Ith, Sea Gate Wreckage, Flagstones of Trokair, Mistveil Plains, Kjeldoran Outpost, etc.
2 weeks ago
Don't forget Karametra can fetch these lands too with her trigger!
2 weeks ago
Get a Mistveil Plains in their to recur the spells cast with Sunforger back into the library ;)
2 weeks ago
For creature protection I would recommend Swiftfoot Boots, and Lightning Greaves. This is especially good if you include Leonin Shikari, which in a equipment based deck will just straight bamboozle opponents trying to do combat math when you have creatures on the board. Likewise Inventors' Fair should help find equipment or just plain artifacts. You may also want to consider Sculpting Steel as a second copy of Masterwork of Ingenuity.
I think that the lack of recursion might be holding this back, love Hammer of Nazahn and Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith, but you want to get things back it seems like you would need to destiny draw Remember the Fallen. Because Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith will be finding you a bunch of equipment Mistveil Plains can help if anything gets destroyed get it back from the graveyard. Golden Wish is alright if you really want to get things back from exile. Frantic Salvage is fantastic if you face artifact wrath, and gets the cards back in your deck. Or maybe Creeping Renaissance because it is so effective for broad uses.
3 weeks ago
exactly! It's a 4 card combo but no one expects it from Boros. 7 mana for an extra turn or 8 mana to end the turn seems fair for a color combination that shouldn't be doing either to begin with. Anyway, Reito Lantern might deserve a spot as Mistveil Plains #2 for Sunforger recycling. I see pariah, why not Pariah's Shield?
3 weeks ago
Also... a few more legendary lands to tutor for when you NEED that color to play somehthing. AMAZING lands with upsides
Not tutorable but powerful with Sisay (due to search then shuffle) Mistveil Plains.
Geier Reach Sanitarium is a great land to get value from.
Not a land but powerful with Sisay (and just powerful to start with too) is Sensei's Divining Top. Look at your top three and hate them all? Search with sisay and then you get to shuffle! Same effect with your Sylvan Library and if you add Scroll Rack.