|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Common|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search for Tomorrow
Search your library for a basic land card and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
Suspend 2-(Green) (Rather than play this card from your hand, you may pay (Green) and remove it from the game with two time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, play it without paying its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||TheRealPeaches , GeminiSpartanX , ironax , Florg , Justinaut , Vasbear1 , richardmv , killstars , TheAnnihilator , bfarber91 , goodair|
|Want (35)||MuffinSmith , timothysavage1 , ninjasupahsquid , Dadaman11 , talonmcshay , Sovraznik , SlickWizard , seanfireball2 , starkzero , kovellen , twospires , xdnonames , correcthorsebatterystaple , adb_slayer , Gypsyhatten , gamerhat , PopeJonIII , MementoMuffin , vakuso , Daxos23 , Zidon , HKLives , Gryffix , CrazyLittleGuy , webdokkeren , CosmicFungus , Gobblemeister , obitus , Kaedom , AntiheroFOREVER , abascon , EDWlNNING , Commanderman , Limette23 , 101011|
Search for Tomorrow Discussion
3 days ago
Omnath was my first commander deck too and i still love playing it. My deck has an even higher curve than yours but the big diffrence between mine and yours is that i play a lot more cards that help me get landdrops. You only play 5 real ramp spells. I would suggest adding some more. Early game they help you get to omnath, late game they help you get more tokens so they are never dead cards.
Some good suggestions that are budget:
Harrow (instant Speed card)
Boundless Realms More a finisher card
Hour of Promise Which lets you find any land card so you can find stuff like Myriad landscape or something
Sylvan Scrying Goes to your hand but lets you find any land card which can be usefull sometimes
Also some cards to help you get lands if you are stuck with a hand without land:
Abundance You can either choose to find a land card or a non land card if you have too many in hand for everytime you draw
Elfhame Sanctuary Also lets you find the lands if you need them but skips your drawstep
I have my omnath deck on my own page if you want to check it out, its not fully up to date but it gives you an idea of what you can add. +1 for the Omnath love :D
1 week ago
You're off to a good start! Here are some nonbasic lands you can use that are budget friendly:
- Command Tower
- Hinterland Harbor
- Lumbering Falls
- Mosswort Bridge
- Simic Guildgate
- Tectonic Edge
- Temple of Mystery
- Thornwood Falls
- Yavimaya Coast
I would recommend you run somewhere between 36 and 40 lands (this is including basic lands).
As a green deck, I strongly recommend you make room for some ramp spells. The higher your mana curve the more you should run. They make it easier to cast your bigger spells, recast your commander and ensure you don't get mana stalled. Here are several budget options:
- Arbor Elf
- Circuitous Route
- Courser of Kruphix
- Elvish Mystic
- Explosive Vegetation
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Hunting Wilds
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Kodama's Reach
- Llanowar Elves
- Search for Tomorrow
As a blue deck, you may want to make room for a few counterspells, not too many though. You are already running Fuel for the Cause which is good for your deck and Turn Aside you are also running is good to protect your commander and other things. Here are a few budget options:
I hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
Weird modern tribals get interesting tools. Cards like Mirror Entity and Taurean Mauler are available. Collected Company and Bloodbraid Elf offer a lot of card advantage. Pyroclasm, Earthquake and similar can offer disruption and enrage triggers. Boros Reckoner, Spitemare have been in 'Skred your own creatures' lists before, as well as using the Seismic Assault/Life from the Loam interaction.
Good luck, and I hope your deck finds its place in modern.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I have Search for Tomorrow in my maybe because I can suspend it for 1 early on if I need to which is a potential turn 1 play. Being able to cast my ramp spells early on is very important to me because I want to be able to get my commander out ASAP, which is why I don't run Nissa's Renewal either.
Khalni Heart Expedition is too slow for me.
The problem with all of the suggestions from both of you is that you don't also give me ideas of what you'd cut for these cards, and I don't think they're better than anything I'm currently playing with unless yall can give me further explanation.
1 month ago
You can't have enough lands! +1 from me. I have some suggestion that may fit into your deck
- Blighted Woodland the colorless aman hurts, but it comes into play untap and nets you two carddraws.
- Baloth Woodcrasher with enough landfall triggers a real beast
- Deep Reconnaissance don't know if it is good enough for the deck but I think it is definitly better than Search for Tomorrow in your maybe board
- Nissa's Renewal maybe to high on the manacurve bit 3 cards, 3 lands and 7 life for six mana is good.
- Khalni Heart Expedition I like it a lot in my landfall deck.
- Sword of the Animist most of your creature don't want to attack, so maybe not that good here.
1 month ago
I've considered this plan- a bunch of Caravan Vigil/Edge of Autumn/Search for Tomorrow and Harvest Season, but the battle in making the lands consistantly combo is tricky- oonas is good, Whispers of the Muse is good, Underworld Connections is good. The lack of haste on cards like Rude Awakening really hurts though- as untapping all your newfound lands sucks if they don't have haste.
2 months ago
- I actually do have Savage Lands in the deck... Just not on tapped out, so good catch on that one.
- I re-examined Endless Whispers and decided it NEEDED to go in, I forgot the trigger is not a "May" effect, so it can have a bizarre impact on the game. It would make games with creature sac-heavy decks quite unusual.
- I cannot possibly remove Titania's Song It is way too fun in this artifact-light deck to turn everyone's artifacts into no-ability agents of damage-dealing or using this enchantment as artifact removal - either way I'm happy. It also is an incredibly dopey-looking piece of old-school MtG art :)
- I like the ability to suspend Search for Tomorrow for .. but for a similar base cost cultivate does give me better future oomph & this deck won't worry about too many cards in hand, so I probably will make that switch.
- Depending on how it plays out in a larger group I may end up putting more removal in, however I'm not especially concerned with this deck on strategy locks, even this: Peacekeeper won't kill me considering all the oddball groupslug I have thrown in. My other consideration is additional card-draw: Enchantress's Presence could do some real work in here considering I end up running almost as many enchantments as an enchantress deck.
- Last cards I keep going back & forth on are Engulfing Slagwurm Hypergenesis and Frenzied Fugue - Fugue is such a pet-card for me & it hits PERMANENTS so stealing planeswalkers for an extra round does have its appeal.