|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Common|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Search for Tomorrow
Search your library for a basic land card and put it into play. Then shuffle your library.
Suspend 2-(Green) (Rather than play this card from your hand, you may pay (Green) and remove it from the game with two time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, play it without paying its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||TheRealPeaches , ironax , Florg , Justinaut , Vasbear1 , richardmv , killstars , TheAnnihilator , bfarber91 , goodair|
|Want (31)||MuffinSmith , timothysavage1 , ninjasupahsquid , Dadaman11 , Sovraznik , SlickWizard , seanfireball2 , starkzero , kovellen , twospires , correcthorsebatterystaple , adb_slayer , Gypsyhatten , gamerhat , PopeJonIII , MementoMuffin , vakuso , Daxos23 , WunderlichDrums , ryuzaki32667 , Gryffix , CrazyLittleGuy , webdokkeren , Thotny , Gobblemeister , obitus , Kaedom , Limette23 , AntiheroFOREVER , Gommel , Commanderman|
Search for Tomorrow Discussion
4 hours ago
I've considered this plan- a bunch of Caravan Vigil/Edge of Autumn/Search for Tomorrow and Harvest Season, but the battle in making the lands consistantly combo is tricky- oonas is good, Whispers of the Muse is good, Underworld Connections is good. The lack of haste on cards like Rude Awakening really hurts though- as untapping all your newfound lands sucks if they don't have haste.
1 week ago
- I actually do have Savage Lands in the deck... Just not on tapped out, so good catch on that one.
- I re-examined Endless Whispers and decided it NEEDED to go in, I forgot the trigger is not a "May" effect, so it can have a bizarre impact on the game. It would make games with creature sac-heavy decks quite unusual.
- I cannot possibly remove Titania's Song It is way too fun in this artifact-light deck to turn everyone's artifacts into no-ability agents of damage-dealing or using this enchantment as artifact removal - either way I'm happy. It also is an incredibly dopey-looking piece of old-school MtG art :)
- I like the ability to suspend Search for Tomorrow for .. but for a similar base cost cultivate does give me better future oomph & this deck won't worry about too many cards in hand, so I probably will make that switch.
- Depending on how it plays out in a larger group I may end up putting more removal in, however I'm not especially concerned with this deck on strategy locks, even this: Peacekeeper won't kill me considering all the oddball groupslug I have thrown in. My other consideration is additional card-draw: Enchantress's Presence could do some real work in here considering I end up running almost as many enchantments as an enchantress deck.
- Last cards I keep going back & forth on are Engulfing Slagwurm Hypergenesis and Frenzied Fugue - Fugue is such a pet-card for me & it hits PERMANENTS so stealing planeswalkers for an extra round does have its appeal.
1 week ago
I cannot wait to see the chaos unfold!
Here are a few quick suggestions; take'em or leave'em:
Where is Windgrace's Judgment and Decimate! I know you want to give people toys, but having some answers may be needed. Maybe remove a couple enchantments like - Trespasser's Curse and/or Titania's Song
3 weeks ago
Run more Llanowar Elves/Search for Tomorrow type spells in the low slots- you can't afford to delay casting a stabilizing 5 drop in this list. If you're looking for cards to replace, build a sideboard with your feed the clan and more specific answers and pack them in there. You're a fair deck, so pack in hate peices against degenerate strategies.
Also, what the hell is wrong with Llanowar Elves price listing here?
3 weeks ago
It seems to me you're trying to take two very different directions here - Arbor Elf, Voyaging Satyr, and Utopia Sprawl are all great ramp cards but they do so without putting any lands on the field, meaning your Sylvan Awakening is less powerful. You could consider Search for Tomorrow instead of one of the one drops and Farseek (+ Breeding Pool of course) instead of the Satyr. You could also consider 1-2 Nissa, Worldwaker or Nissa, Vital Force as an extra way to close out the game in case you can't land the Awakening for some reason.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
3 weeks ago
Ok. Budget deckbuilding theory time.
'Non human werewolves' is a nice start- Paying a bunch of mana to flip a wolf is a neat little bit of card advantage to build around. To get that to happen, you need to build a midrange deck, and look to keep those wolves alive, because it isn't fast enough to race straight up.
Some interesting on-theme cards to consider Feed the Pack (make small threats a swarm of wolves instead) Full Moon's Rise- regenerate dying wolves (super useful), Spirit of the Hunt, Wolfir Avenger- decent body, flash- Wolfbriar Elemental, good lategame wolf token generation, Wolfir Silverheart- amazing P/T booster
Regardless of what you pick, you're going to have to pick some cards that take you to the midgame where you can draw ahead. Personally, I'd make it a G/B werewolf deck and jam 12 Duress variants and a couple draw engines, but thats how I fix most my deckbuilding problems. It doesn't matter how much you screwed up your creature choice if its the only thing on the field and your opponent doesn't have an answer.
Mono green is an option, running fringe cards like Beast Within, lifegain like Jaddi Offshoot and ramp like Search for Tomorrow, although it is possible to fall behind a long way on board, and without copies of whatever Damnation variant you like it can be tricky.
Blue green Fable of Wolf and Owl is an option, with Mana Leak and Prophet of Kruphix alongside wolves with flash and Mystic Snake, looking to draw out the game and win on card advantage, with a backing of creature ramp/instant speed card advantage. Think Twice and friends basically.
Some changes are clear regardless of path forwards;
More ramp tools or cards which make an immediate gamestate impact need to be played for 4 mana.
Your manabase needs tidying up- there are plenty of examples of good manabases in decks across the site- including examples of ramp strategies, budget duel colour strategies and appropriate utility lands. Keep an eye on your gameplan, and have a critical window- know what turns your deck wants to be strong and where you can afford to be weak.
Last but not least, sideboard. If your meta is KCI and affinity, jamming artifact destruction will save you games. There are plenty of examples on site.
3 weeks ago
Perhaps Gruul Turf would be fun here? If you managed to get two of them, you would be guaranteed to get a land drop every turn.
Harrow seems less than ideal - Ramunap Excavator would make it better, though I wonder if all that is really worth it when there are quite a few other ways of getting more than one land to hit in a single turn.
If you really got a lot of lands going, Strata Scythe might be worth considering.
1 month ago
Currently testing with green splash instead of black. Hooting Mandrills, Harvest Wurm and especially Mwonvuli Acid-Moss with Search for Tomorrow are great cards into this deck. And some green suspend card can be viable too.