|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Silence the Believers
Strive - Silence the Believers costs 2B more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Exile any number of target creatures and all Auras attached to them.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||ironax , Va1mar , twistedmage , Pelli , NCN946 , AlucardZain , saj0219 , rockleemyhero , mziter501 , buildingadeck , jstn.mrrtt , TheRealPeaches , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , Hootiequack , EliGjerdingen , Lindough , geazykagar , Regulus1010 , Famicomania , Snydog17 , joshw335 , frederiklw|
Silence the Believers Discussion
1 week ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
2 weeks ago
Ich schreibe dir morgen (oder vielleicht heute Abend, welche Karten ich rausnehmen wrde und warum.
Jetzt scheie ich dich erstmal mit Karten zu, die mir noch dazu einfallen :D
Kram, der mit deiner Strategie zu tun hat (beinhaltet sowohl shit, als auch geile Sachen):Deepwood Ghoul, Ethereal Champion, Glorifier of Dusk, Greed, Hatred, Lurking Evil, Marrow Bats, Martyrs' Tomb, Mischievous Poltergeist, Necrologia, Plague of Vermin, Souldrinker, Tymna the Weaver, Underworld Connections, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Tree of Perdition, Ajani Goldmane, Ajani, Caller of the Pride, Arbiter of Knollridge, Beacon of Immortality, Celestial Mantle, Oketra's Last Mercy, Invincible Hymn, Serra Avatar, Storm Herd, Chalice of Life Flip, Nightmare Lash, Phyrexian Processor, Well of Lost Dreams
Kram, der unabhngig von deiner Strategie gut ist:Soul of Innistrad, Grave Betrayal, Ogre Slumlord, Vengeful Pharaoh, Sudden Spoiling, Painful Quandary, Ophiomancer, Necropolis Regent, Dread, Murder, Royal Assassin, Silence the Believers, Ever After, Ghastly Conscription, Oblivion Ring, Banishing Light, Journey to Nowhere, Stasis Snare, Windborn Muse, Blind Obedience, Prison Term, Aura of Silence, Profound Journey, Comeuppance, Settle the Wreckage , Stalking Leonin, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves
Bedenke auerdem, dass du nur 5 Karten haben darfst, die ber 2 Euro kosten und achte besonders beim Basteln auf deine Mana-Kurve (nicht zu viele teure Sachen).
3 weeks ago
Clyde_Bankston Your best bet would be to include a lot of removal in your decks. A lot of it doesn't even have to be expensive. Focus on some instant spot removal, and some sorcery wipes. Depending on the colors you'd like to play, I could recommend some very viable options. Utter End End Hostilities, Setessan Tactics Crux of Fate, River's Rebuke, Star of Extinction, Mizzium Mortars, Cyclonic Rift, Rapid Hybridization, Reality Shift, Oblation, Chaos Warp, Beast Within, Spine of Ish Sah, Silence the Believers. Send me your deck list, and I'm pretty sure I could help you upgrade it on the cheap.
A great deck can often be subdued by a lack of removal.
1 month ago
So, I have added Agent of Erebos and Tormod's Crypt, plan on adding Scavenging Ooze, most likely replacing Conjurer's Closet. That will bring target removal to 3x cards, and mass graveyard removal to 2x cards.
Added Silence the Believers to ruin indestructible creature and creature recursion dependent players' game, especially if my mana is running strong. It also is instant speed to screw with sacrifice and recursion or infinite creature copy abilities.
I want to put in Journey to Eternity Flip and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, but I need a place to remove those. Thinking a creature or two that aren't doing anything. I thought I had an Enchantress's Presence for card draw, but I seem to have removed that as well.
So far, I start getting gross by turn 4, with either massive creatures or massive numbers of creatures starting by turn 5. I've had alpha strikes of 21 damage with 7x flying insects from the hornet queen, 18/18 land swinging, a 32/32 Mana Gorger.
Yeah, players with board wipes that threaten you if you attack them... better attack before they make their commander 22/22 and unblockable and attack you first.
Suggestions are welcome!
1 month ago
Lifting 2018cambi con aggiornamenti post KLD e spoiler RIX
Demon of Dark Schemes -> Vona's Hunger : bestione troppo costoso, effetto simmetrico, energy inutile vs removal istant potenzialmente da parecchi target
The Gitrog Monster -> Journey to Eternity : sinergia 0 e pescata situazionale vs recursione ad eternum
2 months ago
This is my list; it's worked pretty well: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/250-budget-meren-edh-wip/
Cards I would recommend cutting:
I can give more detailed suggestions later if you want.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Looks fun. Wouldn't Butcher of Malakir give you more value than Ruthless Deathfang? If you wanted to play both I would consider replacing Noxious Ghoul. I understand your Pongify is foil, but there is so much better removal that exiles, or may also target planeswalkers. Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Reality Shift, and Vraska's Contempt all feel better in that slot despite the increased cost. On a more fun note, have you considered Memory Plunder? It's always a possible dead draw, and it's fun shenanigans when using discard effects.