|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana||Common|
|2010 Core Set||Common|
Combos Browse all
Sign in Blood
Target player draws two cards and loses 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sign in Blood Discussion
8 minutes ago
This deck is wonderfully solid and consistent, and I've been having a lot of fun testing it! I do, however, see a few fatal flaws that keep this deck from dominating.
Your creature removal spells should probably be on the mainboard since many combos that revolve around creature abilities can straight up shut down this deck without you being able to do anything (I tested it against a black enchantment deck, and King Macar, the Gold-Cursed + Claim of Erebos shuts the deck down and there's almost nothing you can do about it, especially because of how squishy Assassin is.)
Your draw power is also a little lacking. Since your creatures are relatively cheap, it would help a lot to be able to increase their output. Simple pain-draw spells such as Read the Bones, Sign in Blood, or even Ob Nixilis Reignited could remediate that.
Again, I think this deck is absolutely fantastic, consistent, and has the potential to dominate almost any game with just a few minor tweaks. Pridemate + Soul Warden/Attendent is an incredibly strong early game combo, and your detterents such as Blood Artist function really well! Keep at it and I know you'll make this perfect in no time. <3 Supahpikmin
2 days ago
Black: Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Dread Return, Exsanguinate, Diabolic Tutor, Fleshbag Marauder,Merciless Executioner, Read the Bones, Tragic Slip, Night's Whisper, Sign in Blood, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat
- People probably know this already, but why not put it in?
3 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
4 days ago
Hard to say since there's a lot of synergy in your deck and honestly it depends on your meta, Stromgald Crusader seems pretty mana intensive for what he does. Metallic Mimic and Adaptive Automaton interrupt the zombie recurrence theme going on, cards like Diregraf Colossus don't benefit them being in the graveyard.
Blood Scrivener is a debatable one, while at low CMC and added card draw it depends how often you have 0 cards in hand, other than that I couldn't tell you what creatures to cut.
This is where your meta comes into play, personally I would cut most target removal, in a 4 player free for all if you 1-for-1 with an opponent your other 2 opponents are now up a card(however can save you from infinite combos and such) so it's a tough call to make. That being said I would cut Tragic Slip since you can't control morbid on other peoples turns and maybe Slaughter Pact depending on how often you verse other black decks.
Other than that I couldn't recommend anything else to cut your deck seems solid to me.
Edit: here are some other cards I found that go well with your decks synergy:
Cryptbreaker card draw
Call to the Grave control
Dictate of Erebos control
Potential yet high CMC sweepers
5 days ago
hey there, nice looking deck. +1. I just built a similar mono- one recently.
Also also, pauper is the best format ever. EVER! Thank-you for also allowing this to be a pauper support club thread. =D
6 days ago
I will give you the tips I am always gave.
---First of all: correct your mana-curve! In the right of this page have a graphic that show you your mana-curve. Your mana-curve don't looks like a curve, yeah?
How do you make this? Simple. Put things you can get time and game advantage with low mana cost. I am a big fan of cheap deck, so i will try indicate cheap cards.
A good deck have at least 8 removal cards, this cards may be really versatil like Murder or more restricted like Smother, a great removal that support early creatureless game in single or multiplayer games is Innocent Blood (now is very cheap). From the white side, you have 2 excellent removals for everything Oblivion Ring and Banishing Light. If you what spend more money you can also use Anguished Unmaking.
Your deck don't have draw, which makes it slow. Draw engine are always necessary. Can be constant like Phyrexian Arena ($$$) or Staff of Nin, or can be recursive like Sign in Blood or Night's Whisper (ideal for this deck). One of the most important things about low mana cost draws is to always have a land to play in all of your turns.
---Secound: You need create a deck more consistant, 4x or 3x of each card, 2x only for utility cards like Ob Nixilis Reignited or great mana cost like Resolute Archangel. That way you will create a focus on your deck and more efficience too.
---Third: Make a more synergy deck, with one card contributing to another. You gain alot of life maybe you can make Angelic Accord or Well of Lost Dreams works. If you have token generator (Moonsilver Spear, Captain's Claws, Lingering Souls, etc) you can use morbid of Reaper from the Abyss better and also can use Tragic Slip who is a wonderful low mana cost removal.
With this tips you can make any deck with not much trouble.
Obs.: the ideas of mana ramping like Sol Ring is nice, but so unfair, because this card is banned for all formats (except vintage) for a reason. You can use this strategy easily, but you probably never will learn how make a solid deck without non-sense banned cards like Sol Ring.
herringtonr on Draw
6 days ago
Burning Inquiry? Guarantees that they will draw 3 cards, and then they will discard as well, which could be beneficial to you. Also, Sign in Blood? Draws them cards and loses them life, allowing for you to deal even more damage.
1 week ago
I'd say drop the Sign in Bloods and Extirpate. Both aren't doing much for you in the mainboard. You could always add Surgical Extraction into your sideboard later one. With the 4 extra spaces I'd add 2x Bloodghast and 2x Bloodline Keeper Flip. You also may want to consider Captivating Vampire, he's pretty great in aggro vampire decks.